Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Re: Fire RR and Melvin 

Post#3 » by msiris » Fri Sep 5, 2014 5:22 am

Buck You wrote:Melvin more than RR IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I am sorry but I am sick of his management style. They look bad on the basepaths. Batters don't work the count very well. OBP is bad.
Ride the tank
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,158
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#4 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:03 pm

Now that they've blown their last chance to get in before the Cubs' dominance, yeah, I'd get a new regime in.
msiris
RealGM

Post#5 » by msiris » Mon Sep 8, 2014 1:53 pm

Thank goodness football is here. If RR and Melvin are back next year I will not waste my time watching them next year.
Ride the tank
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#6 » by ReddRum » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:16 pm

Both should be fired, what a disaster. I think Attanasio is too nice though and ends up keeping Melvin around for another few years. My guess is Melvin will fire Roenicke after the season and will save his own ass for another 2 - 3 years which is sad b/c he is the #1 problem here...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,933

Post#7 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:16 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Melvin is shown the door at this point.
msiris
RealGM

Post#8 » by msiris » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:39 pm

Loshe, Gallardo, and Garza all make 11 Million and for what? These guys are just average pitchers. As of late they are complete crap.
Ride the tank
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#9 » by ReddRum » Mon Sep 8, 2014 5:31 pm

Yeah all number 3's
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
afroblackarican
Senior
And1: 22

Post#10 » by afroblackarican » Mon Sep 8, 2014 6:19 pm

Why should Melvin be fired? What moves do you guys disagree with? What moves did he pass on that he should've made?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using RealGM Forums mobile app
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#11 » by trwi7 » Mon Sep 8, 2014 8:39 pm

Melvin is getting stale. Sign veteran starting pitcher pushing guys like Thornburg, Nelson and Fiers to the bullpen or the minors.

I'd love an up and coming young guy who uses analytics in his evaluation of players. Not to say Melvin doesn't but we're so far behind where other teams are.

Sometimes change just for the sake of change is good. Melvin has been here for over a decade. We've been to the playoffs twice with a ton of young talent coming through the system in the middle of his tenure and you would hope to have more than one playoff series win in that time.'

How many managers are going to get fired before Melvin finally goes?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#12 » by chuckleslove » Mon Sep 8, 2014 9:29 pm

trwi7 wrote:Melvin is getting stale. Sign veteran starting pitcher pushing guys like Thornburg, Nelson and Fiers to the bullpen or the minors.

I'd love an up and coming young guy who uses analytics in his evaluation of players. Not to say Melvin doesn't but we're so far behind where other teams are.

Sometimes change just for the sake of change is good. Melvin has been here for over a decade. We've been to the playoffs twice with a ton of young talent coming through the system in the middle of his tenure and you would hope to have more than one playoff series win in that time.'

I agree with this, I think Melvin is a good GM likely above average, but I think we could just use a change and preferably someone young and up and coming. Look at where the Cubs are after a few years and not because of their payroll. There is no reason we can't have a good young team and build and be put in to place.

Melvin should be commended for what he has done in Milwaukee overall he has been a positive asset imo, but I think it is time for a new direction.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#13 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:36 am

If this collapse come complete, neither will get the axe. Melvin's seat will get warm, but that's it.

Sent from your iPad. I'm inside your house
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#14 » by El Duderino » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:38 am

trwi7 wrote:Melvin is getting stale. Sign veteran starting pitcher pushing guys like Thornburg, Nelson and Fiers to the bullpen or the minors.

This is where i'm at. Melvin is a solid GM, but i'm ready for a fresh start.

That said, i think Attanasio likes Melvin to much to fire him after this season. Plus, Attanasio clearly enjoys being involved in roster building and that's something Melvin seems comfortable with.
msiris
RealGM

Post#15 » by msiris » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:42 am

Well put. We need an Ace. Not 3 number 3 starters. Go young. Just watch nothing will happen and we will give Y. Lardo 15 million a year. :lol:
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM

Post#16 » by msiris » Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:44 am

Also sick of guys swinging at 1st pitch all the time. Do you think teams have figured that out RR. Stupid.
Ride the tank
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,182

Post#17 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:38 am

I'd be fine with both of them gone. Time to Yost RR and get a new GM in the offseason.

Was Attanasio in town for the Cards series? I don't recall seeing him on TV but I didn't watch a whole lot. He's usually in the booth when he's in town.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#18 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 am

msiris wrote:Also sick of guys swinging at 1st pitch all the time. Do you think teams have figured that out RR. Stupid.

It's one thing to preach not to swing at the first pitch, it's another to do it. No manager in the world says swing at the first pitch unless they pick up on something.

RR has his issues. This is a player complaint. Not like they took pitches with Yost or Macha, either.

Sent from your iPad. I'm inside your house
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#19 » by Buck You » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:19 am

Attanasio will make an appearance after they win 5 straight to end the season after being out of the race for a week in a half.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,553

Post#20 » by JayMKE » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:17 pm

clean house clean house clean house
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Brewers