ImageImage

OT: Fantasy Baseball Member Needed

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

OT: Fantasy Baseball Member Needed 

Post#1 » by cam2win » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:33 pm

I am looking for 1 new player for my fantasy baseball keeper league to take over a roster of a team that has not renewed his team. This has been a realgm member league going on it's 9th season now.

Basic Rules:
16 team Yahoo head to head keeper league
16 categories, 8 hitting and 8 pitching
5 allowed keepers each year (3 year max) from players taken 3rd round or later
10 max moves per week (to limit streaming)

If you are interested in finding out more or would like to take over the existing team you can either contact me on these forums or email at (teams2n@msn.com).
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Re: OT: Fantasy Baseball Member Needed 

Post#2 » by cam2win » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:20 am

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest, the spot is now filled in my league
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#3 » by neiLz » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:05 pm

What app/magazine do you use for your leagues for drafts? I am starting my first year and have no idea wtf i am doing lol.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#4 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:18 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:What app/magazine do you use for your leagues for drafts? I am starting my first year and have no idea wtf i am doing lol.

First question - what type of league is it? Snake/auction? H2H? Which categories?

EDIT: I'll just give you the advice. If you are playing in a very casual league and don't plan on ever being a hardcore player, you can disregard everything after the first few sentences.

In terms of what to read for league drafts: The free stuff is good enough on ESPN IMO. If you pay for something, I've heard Fangraphs is pretty good (though they delve a lot into the FanDuel/Draftkings daily stuff now) and Rotoworld is OK.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beyond that, assuming you play in a more serious league, I would spend your first year learning the league in depth so that you can become your own draft guide.

It's different than football in the sense that a lot of chatter and scouting reports don't come into play for the draft like football ("who will Foles' main target be this year?") and that everyone has a week to sit on the obvious waiver pickups when DeMarco Murray gets a 4 week injury. If you have a crappy draft in baseball, you can win the league by being shrewd with matchups or picking up a prospect.

Anyways, spend the year learning all of the park factors if you don't know them already and what hand everybody bats.

I've been playing for a long time and I spend usually about an hour total per year prepping for the draft. I make a list of guys I think will rise or fall based on their move to a new team or some reason they are undervalued if I see acquisitions in the offseason. I just take the ESPN pre-rankings into the draft with me and move guys up/down by a few bucks/rounds whether I like them or not.

I don't need to read a bunch of articles about how Jean Segura has refined his swing this offseason. A lot of it is a waste of time. Max Scherzer moved to the NL East. Unless you think his arm is going to fall off this year, bump him up a few pegs from where you had him last year. Michael Cuddyer is no longer in Coors Field and is a year older - take him off your draft board.
neiLz
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by neiLz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks for the info. Its a Snake league. Looks like they are updating some of the rules (auction waiver, and adding a few different scoring rules) compared to last year. I'll definitely take that into consideration. It seems like you really need a good draft in football but baseball, there are so many players and positions you can take more risks in the draft and fill them in with pickups during the year!
neiLz
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by neiLz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:40 pm

Just checked out roto world, they are doing a promo for their draft guide : if you are a new user and deposit 15 bucks into fanduel you get the draft guide for free. going to try it out!

Return to Milwaukee Brewers