ImageImage

Series Thread: Cubs @ Brewers

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 12,976
And1: 568
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
       

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#141 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 6, 2017 3:16 am

Feliz has some mustard, damn.
TBD
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 65,298
And1: 7,483
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#142 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 6, 2017 3:17 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I have no idea how Jungmann is on this team.


Yeah, not impressive.

He's just awful and not in a way where he's super young or has huge raw potential that he isn't quite harnessing. Just not an MLB pitcher.


Issue with him is he's got no confidence in his fastball. If you're up six in the 9th, the last thing you do is dick around with off speed stuff, and he was shaking the fastball off. That's messed up.
User avatar
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
Posts: 22,406
And1: 2,821
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: on the Hellmouth
     

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#143 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Apr 6, 2017 3:17 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Uh, Feliz looked awesome.

He was throwing 98-99 with some movement. :o
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 97,863
And1: 11,357
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#144 » by trwi7 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 3:36 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Uh, Feliz looked awesome.

He was throwing 98-99 with some movement. :o


So was Diaz
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
User avatar
Gianstoppable
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,728
And1: 453
Joined: Jan 07, 2015
     

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#145 » by Gianstoppable » Thu Apr 6, 2017 12:10 pm

Peralta hitting 99 a few times was promising. Feliz is going to be a great signing, cant wait to see him pitch a great 1st half then get us some more prospects.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 12,976
And1: 568
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
       

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#146 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 6, 2017 12:14 pm

Well last night was a little more promising. Good pitching, outside of Jungmann, and some of the sticks we're unsure of (Thames, Shaw) produced. Hopefully can salvage the series this afternoon before the Cubbies take over MKE.
TBD
User avatar
Gianstoppable
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,728
And1: 453
Joined: Jan 07, 2015
     

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#147 » by Gianstoppable » Thu Apr 6, 2017 1:11 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Well last night was a little more promising. Good pitching, outside of Jungmann, and some of the sticks we're unsure of (Thames, Shaw) produced. Hopefully can salvage the series this afternoon before the Cubbies take over MKE.


I think Shaw is a fine hitter, its all about his defense. I wouldnt be shocked if Shaw put up a .260/.330/.470 line with 25+ homers. He could slide over to 1st if Thames were to have any issues or get traded at the deadline. I dont know how good he is defensively at 1st but hes played there plenty.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 12,976
And1: 568
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
       

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#148 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 6, 2017 1:48 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:Well last night was a little more promising. Good pitching, outside of Jungmann, and some of the sticks we're unsure of (Thames, Shaw) produced. Hopefully can salvage the series this afternoon before the Cubbies take over MKE.


I think Shaw is a fine hitter, its all about his defense. I wouldnt be shocked if Shaw put up a .260/.330/.470 line with 25+ homers. He could slide over to 1st if Thames were to have any issues or get traded at the deadline. I dont know how good he is defensively at 1st but hes played there plenty.


If Thames were to be moved, which I would be kind of surprised if he is this first year, I think they'd give Jesus A they first crack. He has couple hits already this season too and tore up the spring. It will be interesting to see how Counsell handles 1B if both guys are hitting.
TBD
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 12,976
And1: 568
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
       

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#149 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 6, 2017 1:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
Yeah, not impressive.

He's just awful and not in a way where he's super young or has huge raw potential that he isn't quite harnessing. Just not an MLB pitcher.


Issue with him is he's got no confidence in his fastball. If you're up six in the 9th, the last thing you do is dick around with off speed stuff, and he was shaking the fastball off. That's messed up.


Agreed. They are in a tough spot with him. Colorado Springs is nowhere to rehab your confidence. Getting sent to Double A could be tough on his pride, I don't know. But at this point where can you trust him to throw? I guess long relief when we're getting sh!t-housed maybe...?
TBD
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 65,298
And1: 7,483
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#150 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:40 pm

Read on Twitter
wichmae
RealGM
Posts: 15,380
And1: 697
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Milwaukee

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#151 » by wichmae » Thu Apr 6, 2017 3:06 pm

Diaz still hasnt given up a hit or a walk. I love DS but he screwed that situation up big time.

ETA: Theres a gif floating out there of Diaz 2 seamer starting Inner edge and breaking mid plate. Freezing Joc Pederson.

Read on Twitter
User avatar
coolhandluke121
Head Coach
Posts: 7,441
And1: 1,159
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#152 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 4:21 pm

Not surprised Peralta did well. He ended last season very strong and it appears some kind of arm trouble or mechanical issue was affecting him. Even if he doesn't get any better, he's still got the ability to put up some good numbers as a power pitcher in his prime, kind of like Jaime Navarro.
When you're spinning your wheels in mud, sometimes you have to put the car in reverse. If you refuse to do so on principle, you're an idiot.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 12,976
And1: 568
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
       

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#153 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:17 pm

Broxton takes one in the head it sounds like. Walking under own power at least.
TBD
wichmae
RealGM
Posts: 15,380
And1: 697
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Milwaukee

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#154 » by wichmae » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:27 pm

Thank god he wears a face shield. Sounds like it could have been much worse if he didnt wear the shield.
User avatar
PANDEMONEUM
Starter
Posts: 2,469
And1: 192
Joined: Aug 10, 2009
     

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#155 » by PANDEMONEUM » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:45 pm

stupid Reynolds.
HR from him.

Broxton looked ok.
maybe broken nose.

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/04/06/1258565783/1491503919004/asset_1800K.mp4
USA
vs Ghana -- July 1, 2017 -- 4:45 PM ET -- East Hartford, Conn.
vs Panama -- July 8, 2017 -- 3:30 PM CT -- Nashville, Tenn.
vs Martinique -- July 12, 2017 -- 9 PM ET -- Tampa Bay, Fla.
vs Nicaragua -- July 15, 2017 -- 7 PM ET -- Cleveland, Ohio
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 65,298
And1: 7,483
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#156 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:51 pm

Is there no TV for this one?
User avatar
PANDEMONEUM
Starter
Posts: 2,469
And1: 192
Joined: Aug 10, 2009
     

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#157 » by PANDEMONEUM » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:04 pm

Rockies broadcast, no mke tv
USA
vs Ghana -- July 1, 2017 -- 4:45 PM ET -- East Hartford, Conn.
vs Panama -- July 8, 2017 -- 3:30 PM CT -- Nashville, Tenn.
vs Martinique -- July 12, 2017 -- 9 PM ET -- Tampa Bay, Fla.
vs Nicaragua -- July 15, 2017 -- 7 PM ET -- Cleveland, Ohio
User avatar
El Duderino
RealGM
Posts: 19,559
And1: 962
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Working on pad level

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#158 » by El Duderino » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:14 pm

wichmae wrote:Diaz still hasnt given up a hit or a walk. I love DS but he screwed that situation up big time.

ETA: Theres a gif floating out there of Diaz 2 seamer starting Inner edge and breaking mid plate. Freezing Joc Pederson.

Read on Twitter


Twins gave him away also. Hard to understand what Stearns was thinking. Young guys with an arm like that have to be protected, especially on a rebuilding team short on pitching prospects.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 65,298
And1: 7,483
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#159 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 6, 2017 8:05 pm

That was a bomb.
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 97,863
And1: 11,357
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: Series Thread: Rockies @ Brewers 

Post#160 » by trwi7 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 8:16 pm

What a garbage offense the Rockies have that will look good because of Coors. **** Kirk too.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers