ImageImage

Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
Flap Jackson
Rookie
Posts: 1,086
And1: 526
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
     

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#41 » by Flap Jackson » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:50 pm

The Brewers cloned Braun and are starting his clone at catcher!

Image

Do we have to pay both Brauns the same salary or is it split between the two?
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,700
And1: 428
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: Yay area
       

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#42 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Peralta has been a nice surprise so far.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Oh man. Milwaukee. Damn.

Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs. And take them down.
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,700
And1: 428
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: Yay area
       

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#43 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Flap Jackson wrote:The Brewers cloned Braun and are starting his clone at catcher!

Image

Do we have to pay both Brauns the same salary or is it split between the two?


Think an intern screwed up or someone put that in there on a dare?

I say someone just screwed up. Most boring pick.
Oh man. Milwaukee. Damn.

Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs. And take them down.
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,700
And1: 428
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: Yay area
       

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#44 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Damn. Thames. I have been wrong about him so far.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Oh man. Milwaukee. Damn.

Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs. And take them down.
User avatar
WeekapaugGroove
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,370
And1: 2,136
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#45 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Getting off to a hot start was huge for Thames. If he would have struggled I wonder if some doubt would have crept in that what he was doing overseas wouldn't translate back to the mlb. Now I doubt he continues to lead the league in OPS but hes a strong dude with a good approach at the plate so no reason he cant have a nice year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
coolhandluke121
Head Coach
Posts: 7,443
And1: 1,159
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#46 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 pm

They seem to be good at finding under-the-radar guys who perform. That's why I've always said they're rebuilding without completely giving up on being competitive. It could just be their asset management philosophy, but it's remarkable how they can seem to be tearing it down completely every year and yet they manage to find a competent short-term replacement for nearly everyone they trade away. It could just be luck but I sometimes wonder if Mark A has a no-tanking rule regardless of rebuilding status. Not that I'm complaining, as they at least have some decent, cheap players to show for their efforts.

The Reds suck though. Let's get that out of the way immediately. This series illustrates the difference between hopelessly bottoming out and more deliberate rebuilding.
When you're spinning your wheels in mud, sometimes you have to put the car in reverse. If you refuse to do so on principle, you're an idiot.
User avatar
El Duderino
RealGM
Posts: 19,568
And1: 965
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Working on pad level

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#47 » by El Duderino » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:19 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:They seem to be good at finding under-the-radar guys who perform. That's why I've always said they're rebuilding without completely giving up on being competitive. It could just be their asset management philosophy, but it's remarkable how they can seem to be tearing it down completely every year and yet they manage to find a competent short-term replacement for nearly everyone they trade away. It could just be luck but I sometimes wonder if Mark A has a no-tanking rule regardless of rebuilding status. Not that I'm complaining, as they at least have some decent, cheap players to show for their efforts.

The Reds suck though. Let's get that out of the way immediately. This series illustrates the difference between hopelessly bottoming out and more deliberate rebuilding.


I just think that being a talent miner is in Stearns DNA. So he's constantly on the lookout via waivers, independent leagues, trades, etc for guys that he thinks can produce cheaply in the majors and thus why he's made so many roster moves since taking over. And overall he's been good at this

What i am curious about is if hypothetically the team plays well enough to where come mid-July, they are only 3-4- games back in the Wild Card chase, will they still be willing to sell off a guy like Feliz if he continues looking great closing games or a starter like Peralta/Nelson if they are throwing well?

Obviously a big factor is always what exact offers are sent in by other teams, but there is a difference between being very open to trading players and only trading someone if absolutely blown away with an offer.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 65,308
And1: 7,487
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#48 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Sports Illustrated with an article on Thames. Smoke breaks during games? WTF?
User avatar
BUCKnation
RealGM
Posts: 11,814
And1: 576
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
       

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#49 » by BUCKnation » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:10 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Sports Illustrated with an article on Thames. Smoke breaks during games? WTF?

I love the metallic gold elbow and shin pads :lol:
buckbeer
Junior
Posts: 312
And1: 86
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
Location: Singapore
   

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Reds 

Post#50 » by buckbeer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:54 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Sports Illustrated with an article on Thames. Smoke breaks during games? WTF?


Wow, the Korean fans nickname him "God". That is the ultimate nickname for greatness as a player.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers