ImageImage

2017 Trade Rumors Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Re: 2017 Trade Rumors Thread 

Post#361 » by wichmae » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:05 pm

I dont think Neshek would cost that much but then again this market is stupid right now. The guys that the Nats gave up would be ranked pretty low in our system and they got two guys. If I were to guess they ask for Diplan and settle for Derby or Supak. In hindsight MIG is right. Not sure in the grand scheme how much this helps us.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#362 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:15 pm

This is why I'm advocating that we sell relievers in this market instead of buying them. The prices are insane.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#363 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:21 pm

I wonder what Phelps from Miami would cost. His splits are insane and he's a hard thrower but I can't imagine he'd cost anything more than a borderline top 30ish prospect or two.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,371

Post#364 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Very low payroll combined with large pennant race crowds definitely makes Attansasio (and his partners) stiff. Right now attendance is virtually the same as last year
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mr Roboto
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#365 » by Mr Roboto » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:43 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Very low payroll combined with large pennant race crowds definitely makes Attansasio (and his partners) stiff. Right now attendance is virtually the same as last year

With the wild card leaders comming back to the field the Brewers will be in the mix till the end barring a total colapse.
Mr Roboto
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#366 » by Mr Roboto » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:53 pm

humanrefutation wrote:This is why I'm advocating that we sell relievers in this market instead of buying them. The prices are insane.

Selling with the Brewers payroll and a division lead would be insane. It would not only turn off fans, but it could also cause MLB to change the rules around revenue sharring. I can only imagine the reaction.... :o
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#367 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Mr Roboto wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Very low payroll combined with large pennant race crowds definitely makes Attansasio (and his partners) stiff. Right now attendance is virtually the same as last year

With the wild card leaders comming back to the field the Brewers will be in the mix till the end barring a total colapse.

Probably right. But while the current team does have talent I think it's also overachieved so far. A correction and finishing at or a little below .500 wouldn't shock me
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#368 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:10 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Mr Roboto wrote:

Probably right. But while the current team does have talent I think it's also overachieved so far. A correction and finishing at or a little below .500 wouldn't shock me

I just don't think you can make the "we've overachieved" argument. Braun has barely played. Villar has been significantly worse and hurt. Guerra has been significantly worse and hurt. Arguably our three best players from last year. Get those three back to where they were last season, or approaching where they were, and we're a significantly better ball club. Maybe Travis Shaw comes back down to Earth a bit. Maybe Arcia. But theres no reason to think this isn't sustainable.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,234

Post#369 » by dbrodz7 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Yeah but Jimmy Nelson and Chase Anderson also pitched like they were top 15 MLB starters, do you think that is sustainable?
Misery loves company
wichmae
RealGM

Post#370 » by wichmae » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:31 pm

Yeah you have to look at this realistically. Anderson and Nelson have literally pitched themselves into the top echelon of starters. I know its a weird comp to make but both are in the top 75 overall in fantasy stats. Its not outside of the box to think they'll both come back to their norms. We also have Domingo playing in the top tier of OF'rs. Its entirely possible we collapse in the 2nd half. Like Twirly and I have said a thousand times. If you can get a massive haul for Knebel or Barnes or Hughes you have to do it.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#371 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:33 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:Yeah but Jimmy Nelson and Chase Anderson also pitched like they were top 15 MLB starters, do you think that is sustainable?

Jimmy yes, Chase probably not. But Chase has missed a pretty good chunk of the season too. I just feel the guys underperforming/injured outweigh the guys playing out of their heads.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#372 » by wichmae » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:38 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:Yeah but Jimmy Nelson and Chase Anderson also pitched like they were top 15 MLB starters, do you think that is sustainable?

Jimmy yes, Chase probably not. But Chase has missed a pretty good chunk of the season too. I just feel the guys underperforming/injured outweigh the guys playing out of their heads.

Yeah thats a completely fine interpretation of it. I just think eventually were going to hit a lull here. We'll see.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#373 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:46 pm

wichmae wrote:Yeah you have to look at this realistically. Anderson and Nelson have literally pitched themselves into the top echelon of starters. I know its a weird comp to make but both are in the top 75 overall in fantasy stats. Its not outside of the box to think they'll both come back to their norms. We also have Domingo playing in the top tier of OF'rs. Its entirely possible we collapse in the 2nd half. Like Twirly and I have said a thousand times. If you can get a massive haul for Knebel or Barnes or Hughes you have to do it.

Domingo is an interesting case if he can sustain this. I tend to think he'll regress a little bit but it's not like he's some dude who came out of no where; he had a pretty good pedigree and was up in the majors at a very young age. To me Shaw is the one who might be more likely to really regress but then again maybe the change of scenery and the juiced ball were the perfect combination to kick start his career.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#374 » by wichmae » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
wichmae wrote:Yeah you have to look at this realistically. Anderson and Nelson have literally pitched themselves into the top echelon of starters. I know its a weird comp to make but both are in the top 75 overall in fantasy stats. Its not outside of the box to think they'll both come back to their norms. We also have Domingo playing in the top tier of OF'rs. Its entirely possible we collapse in the 2nd half. Like Twirly and I have said a thousand times. If you can get a massive haul for Knebel or Barnes or Hughes you have to do it.

Domingo is an interesting case if he can sustain this. I tend to think he'll regress a little bit but it's not like he's some dude who came out of no where; he had a pretty good pedigree and was up in the majors at a very young age. To me Shaw is the one who might be more likely to really regress but then again maybe the change of scenery and the juiced ball were the perfect combination to kick start his career.

Yeah idk. Domingo and Shaw were pretty big prospects. They both just needed a chance. Confidence is a big part of this. Who knows what will happen. I for sure do not think for one second Jimmy and Chase continue to pitch at this level. But I do however think Davies and Guerra improve a bit.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#375 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:15 pm

When is Anderson expected back?
wichmae
RealGM

Post#376 » by wichmae » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:23 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:When is Anderson expected back?

He wants to return before end of July. So right around the deadline.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#377 » by wichmae » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Verlander is an interesting case. If the Tigers pay a huge chunk of his salary I would possibly consider it. Theyre basically trying to give him away from the way I interpret it.
Eeavers57
Pro Prospect
And1: 439

Post#378 » by Eeavers57 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:34 pm

wichmae wrote:

I heard on the broadcast this past weekend he wasn't expected back until mid to late August.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#379 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Nelson - Maybe, Anderson - No
wichmae
RealGM

Post#380 » by wichmae » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:04 pm

Eeavers57 wrote:
wichmae wrote:

I heard on the broadcast this past weekend he wasn't expected back until mid to late August.

Maybe I interpreted this wrong then

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/brewers-chase-anderson-looking-to-hit-mound-before-end-of-july/

Return to Milwaukee Brewers