Moderator: Ralnor

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

We suck! 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:09 am

That is all.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Re: We suck! 

Post#2 » by Worm Guts » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:02 am

Quit trolling
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#3 » by Esohny » Thu Sep 6, 2012 4:41 am

Ruh roh.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#4 » by [RCG] » Sun Sep 1, 2013 11:02 pm

The Morneau trade was the last straw for me. Former MVP showing improvement who has been with the organization for 10+ years and wanted to remain in Minnesota. We trade him for a borderline MLB player and a player the Pirates will name later in order to save a little money that will be pocketed by the Pohlads.

The Twins organization is one of the worst run franchises in sports. It's becoming increasingly apparent that profit is the bottom and overriding factor in personnel moves. I'm surprised that fans continue going to the games. It should've been evident by letting Cuddyer, Kubel, etc walk that the Twins had no desire in continuing to compete for the division title. Why pay money for proven talent when fans will come to the ballpark regardless of the product?! Just sign some washed up veteran pitchers on the cheap and fill the line-up around Joe Mauer with maxed out AAA players.

Just a terrible team with terrible players and terrible coaches and a terrible front office and terrible fans in a terrible city in a terrible division.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#5 » by Worm Guts » Mon Sep 2, 2013 12:59 am

Morneau isn't worth his salary at this point. I don't think holding on to him would have done us much good.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#6 » by [RCG] » Mon Sep 2, 2013 5:08 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Morneau isn't worth his salary at this point. I don't think holding on to him would have done us much good.

Trading for Pressley does no good. Morneau was at least showing signs of life, was a career Twin and fan favorite. Newsflash: There is no salary cap in baseball, so regardless of what he was being paid it didn't matter. His salary wasn't preventing the Twins from making any moves to get better in the short or long term. This is a penny-pinching move by an organization with no intent of being competitive in the near future.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#7 » by [RCG] » Mon Sep 2, 2013 5:10 pm

Pressley
Mastroianni
Dozier
Willingham
Pinto
Colabello

and two other scrubs fill out our line-up. That is crap.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#8 » by Worm Guts » Mon Sep 2, 2013 5:27 pm

[RCG] wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Morneau isn't worth his salary at this point. I don't think holding on to him would have done us much good.

Trading for Pressley does no good. Morneau was at least showing signs of life, was a career Twin and fan favorite. Newsflash: There is no salary cap in baseball, so regardless of what he was being paid it didn't matter. His salary wasn't preventing the Twins from making any moves to get better in the short or long term. This is a penny-pinching move by an organization with no intent of being competitive in the near future.

He's a free agent end of the season, so if he wants to come back and the Twins want him back that's a possibility but it's not like Morneau is anything above an average player at this point. He's actually having a worse season than he did last season. I'm not sure there's any reason to believe he'll ever be as good as he once was.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#9 » by [RCG] » Mon Sep 2, 2013 8:23 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
[RCG] wrote:

He's a free agent end of the season, so if he wants to come back and the Twins want him back that's a possibility but it's not like Morneau is anything above an average player at this point. He's actually having a worse season than he did last season. I'm not sure there's any reason to believe he'll ever be as good as he once was.

Worm, I don't think you're getting my point. I would have been fine if the Twins would have gotten a young prospect back in the trade but Pressly is almost 30 with no upside - a bench outfielder on a good team, possibly AAA on a playoff organization. The "player to be named later" will likely not even make the majors the way the Twins scouting department has been lately. Morneau may have been a below-average 1B but he was playing better as of late and even if we didn't bring him back past this year he was a fan favorite and great clubhouse guy. No reason to trade him in a deal that in no ways helps the Twins in the long or short term. It was a money-saving move by an organization that has shown it will not spend to improve. The Twins aren't frugal they're cheap as ***. Like I read in a recent article, Moneyball : Twins :: Frugal : Cheap.

Return to Minnesota Twins