ImageImageImageImageImage

This could be Jose Reyes last few days as a Met.

NYman15
Veteran
And1: 23

This could be Jose Reyes last few days as a Met. 

Post#1 » by NYman15 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:09 am

Just wanted to point out these next few games could be Jose Reyes last as a Met. He's a free agent this winter and there's a possibility he won't be back. Just wanted to get everyones opinions about Reyes future and his career as a Met. He's one of the most exciting Mets ever and brought life to the stadium every night. He had his ups and downs, but he is one of the best players in Mets history. If he leaves, he will most certainly be missed.
Thoughts?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: This could be Jose Reyes last few days as a Met. 

Post#2 » by moocow007 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Unless other teams get scared away due to Reyes propensity for nagging injuries or Reyes gives the Mets a hometown discount (both of which is theoretically possible)...the chances of Reyes wearing a Met uniform next season is not good. I think they'll make it seem like they tried (they've been saying all the right things all season) but in the end he'll end up somewhere else.
King_Supreme
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#3 » by King_Supreme » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Yep, tomorrow is basically his last game(honestly why would he resign, when better options await?).
I'm going tomorrow(hopefully it doesn't rain out) and will be cheering my ass off for him.
NYman15
Veteran
And1: 23

Post#4 » by NYman15 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:29 pm

I've always kind of had the feeling he was gonna leave, but I still think there's a chance he stays. However, I think Sandy has a price set and will not go above it. However, with the news coming out today about the Madoff case and it being ruled in favor of the Wilpons, you do have to wonder what effect that could have on the negotiations.

Return to New York Mets