ImageImageImageImageImage

2014 New York Mets Season Thread

riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

2014 New York Mets Season Thread 

Post#1 » by riter » Tue Jun 3, 2014 10:26 am

The season is a 3rd of the way over.The Mets are 28-29---and I'm feeling pretty good. I didn't know where are runs would come from, but we're 15th in the league in runs--Murphy is probably our best hitter right now--and I just know Wright and Granderson are just getting started---so I'll take it.

Pretty much everyone, including myself, was pissed b/c the Mets did not spend money to get players like they promised they would. Granderson and Chris Young were the "big" acquisitons.

That left us with a couple of bad situations.

Short Stop----Tejada is not a major leaguer. We all knew that coming in, but Wilmer Flores just might be the answer.

Chris Young is a bust. But Juan Lagares is the real deal( he was just put on the DL for bruised ribs--so there's that.)

Bull Pen----Valverde is released, and Mejia is making everyone raise an eyebrow---but in a good way.

Catcher---no veteran, but Travis d'Arnaud and his excellent D is holding his own--he may be the catcher of the future.

First base---a bad situation has evened itself out. Ike is gone, and Duda is left to prove himself.

Our Strength is proving to be more of a strength than most have anticipated.
With our Ace(Harvey) down, and Wheeler being good but inconsistent, we're getting great///great stuff from
deGrom, Montero, and Syndergaard. That's not even mentioning Niese and Colon.

The Mets didn't want to spend any money--so the young guys have to play.
Luckily, it looks like we have some Major Leaguers coming up from the farm.
I guess Omar Minaya did a better job than he got credit for.

Stay tuned.
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Re: 2014 New York Mets Season Thread 

Post#2 » by riter » Mon Jun 9, 2014 4:54 am

The Mets are batting .145 in the last six games with runners in scoring position.

Travis d'Arnaud---my future star at catcher-- was demoted to triple A.
"That was considered," one team source said. "It's one reason it took so long to make the move. He's done a good job with the pitchers."

"But offensively, with the Mets struggling to scrape together runs, watching d'Arnaud ground into two double plays in Friday night's loss was too much for the Mets to take. He was hitting .180 in 128 at-bats. He was 3-for-26 in his eight games since coming back from a concussion."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.1822120

Syndergaard is out with a shoulder injury(non-throwing arm).

We can't score. Our bull pen still stinks.

but we stilll have 3 more runs the the Yuckees.

Mets...0-6 since my last post. :nonono:

Return to New York Mets