No
67%

Total votes: 6

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,933

Poll: Cespedes... Resign or Let Go? 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Tue Nov 3, 2015 1:23 am

His contract will likely be a 20-25 million for 6 or more years according to some reports.

I say pass on him. I would like him back. He would help in the playoff race. It's not going to be as easy to make it in the upcoming season. But at the same time, his home run dependent offense proved to be his doom in the playoffs. I say the Mets take their chances with moving on from Cespedes.

I think the Mets could use that money to revamp their bullpen and get a good contact/speedy guy.
Free Palestine
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Re: Poll: Cespedes... Resign or Let Go? 

Post#2 » by JackSIKMA43 » Tue Nov 3, 2015 3:11 pm

I agree. The money should be devoted elsewhere. Kinda off-topic, but I see that the Nationals signed Dusty Baker to be their new manager today. That guy is an absolute train wreck and that just opened the door to the Mets having an easier path, to making the playoffs in consecutive seasons, for the first time ever (yes, how depressing). So, the Mets need to take advantage of this, and not screw up any off-season acquisitions, etc.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,066

Post#3 » by Jeffrey » Tue Nov 3, 2015 9:36 pm

1.) Cespedes is with RocNation. He is looking for 6 years minimum.
2.) He is too streaky. He's a 25-30 HR hitter with a low OBP.
3.) He had an amazing second half. Which is pretty much the point... that wasn't his norm.

Conforto, Lagaras and Granderson is a good outfield.

Brandon Nimmo (top 3 prospect in Mets system) has 20+ HR power. His ETA is either an injury or September callup. After Nimmo, there's not much outfield prospects waiting in the wings.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,933

Post#4 » by Stannis » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:54 am

With Cuddyer retiring and Cespedes looking like he won't land a mega-multi-year deal, the Mets may be able to get him on a pretty decent contract.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,641

Post#5 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:30 am

Divert this money elsewhere? We're freaking NY. Here's an idea, how about we sign Cespedes (4 years/$88M?) AND bolster the bullpen? Our time is now, folks. Either that, or trade one of our pitchers for a big thumper (Harvey?). We don't have any HR production. Wright will be about a 10 HR guy, if that. I don't even think he plays 100 games next season. I know he had a poor post season, but I believe he was not 100% (injured hand from being plunked and I heard something about his abdominals).
Free Palestine

Return to New York Mets