- Well Cespedes is back, that was the most important thing.
- But the middle of the bullpen still stinks.
- There is no reliable option at 3rd base, 1st base, or the catcher position.
- The outfield looks good.
Outfield: Cespedes, Granderson, Conforto
- Potential of seeing Bruce or Nimmo in there
Infield: Reyes, Cabrera, Walker, Duda
- Potential of seeing Cecchini or Rosario
- No good backups, and I don't even think Travis can be a reliable starter anymore. He struggles on offense and can't throw to second.
Good bench/platoon options: TJ Rivera, Flores, Wright, Lagares
SP: Thor, Harvey, Matz, DeGrom, Lugo
- Colon is gone, but Lugo, Gsellmen, or Wheeler can impress
The Pen: Wheeler, Gsellmen, Reed, Familia
- Jerry Blevins is mostly likely gone. So they'll need to add a viable lefty in there. But they'll just likely roll the dice on Edgin
Once again, other than the starting pitchers and Cespedes, there isn't any star players. But there's lot of depth of decent players for a long season. It's going to come down to staying healthy again.
They might be a little overstacked in the outfield. Hopefully they can trade one of Bruce, Conforto, or Granderson for a good catcher or an infielder.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Forum Mod
- Posts: 8,083
- And1: 868
- Joined: Dec 05, 2011
- Location: United States