ImageImageImageImageImage

Fri 3/6 Yanks @ TB Rays: Game on old friend!

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Christophersp10
Banned User
And1: 6

Re: Fri 3/6 Yanks @ TB Rays: Game on old friend! 

Post#41 » by Christophersp10 » Fri Apr 6, 2012 10:50 pm

Lets get a defensive replacement for the 38 year old turtle slug at SS
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#42 » by GnarlesOakley » Fri Apr 6, 2012 10:52 pm

This could be a long season...

Christophersp10 wrote:Lets get a defensive replacement for the 38 year old turtle slug at SS

I'm more concerned about Riveria than Jeter right now.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#43 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 6, 2012 10:53 pm

You mean, the 38 year old that had to cover 2B when the shift with Cano moved over towards 1B? That's on A-rod. Just stop now...

Mo, Ks the first guy. 2 more to go.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#44 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 6, 2012 10:55 pm

Go Win for the Rays. Mo dug his own grave...(it happens, he'll be fine) BUT Yanks' arms will tighten their pitches and get it together.

Kuroda goes tomorrow...
Christophersp10
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#45 » by Christophersp10 » Fri Apr 6, 2012 10:56 pm

I am so happy that I just spent 125 bucks for MLB.tv for the season.

Mo gets squeezed like a pimple by the ump,

Our Captain, GOD F'ING FORBID he leaves a penny on the table has the range of a turtle and hits a weak ground ball like usual with the bases loaded.
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by GnarlesOakley » Fri Apr 6, 2012 10:57 pm

Christophersp10 wrote:I am so happy that I just spent 125 bucks for MLB.tv for the season.

Mo gets squeezed like a pimple by the ump,

Our Captain, GOD F'ING FORBID he leaves a penny on the table has the range of a turtle and hits a weak ground ball like usual with the bases loaded.

Did Jeter sleep with your girl or something?
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#47 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 6, 2012 10:58 pm

Christophersp10 wrote:

Obviously you've never been on a pro diamond, um...did you SEE how the defense was arranged? Today's game was ALL about shifts. Rays hit the holes in the defense, some of the Yanks didn't with the bases loaded TWICE....

SO STOP whining like a 10 year old. You were WRONG about Pineda who is on the DL RIGHT!?!?!?!

You were WRONG about Jeter last year...

So give it a REST.

It's ONE game out of 162...so RELAX.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#48 » by arsenal6106 » Fri Apr 6, 2012 11:02 pm

Tough loss, but the season continues. I really liked what I saw from Arod today. Excited to see Kuroda tomorrow night.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#49 » by Pharmcat » Sat Apr 7, 2012 2:27 am

yea its just one loss and 161 to go

but its games like this you look back and lament when the division/WC comes down to the last week
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#50 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 7, 2012 7:06 am

Exactly. A little playoff atmosphere this early is not necessarily a bad thing because you can't simulate scenarios like bases loaded and no outs in a preseason match up.

Let's go back to the initial loading the bases that led to the grand slam. I can understand Girardi thinking lefty v lefty...BUT...it's Sergio Rodriguez v Carlos Pena. With CC struggling with his command and his fast ball not having its usual zip...you don't tempt fate. Rays loaded the bases THREE times...and made the Yanks pay twice.

Meanwhile, we talked about this earlier regarding Yanks offense. Yanks came away with nothing with the bases loaded twice. Granderson was trying to do too much. Tex...annoying me. The damn shift is going to be there until you learn to beat it. Never mind he can't hit a breaking pitch to save his life.

We now know, yanks might need more than a 1 run lead to help Mo out. Though, like CC he starts off like this and then the weather warms up and he's precision perfect.

While I wasn't that big of a Kuroda fan, let me give him some support...
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#51 » by Pharmcat » Sat Apr 7, 2012 5:19 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Exactly. A little playoff atmosphere this early is not necessarily a bad thing because you can't simulate scenarios like bases loaded and no outs in a preseason match up.

Let's go back to the initial loading the bases that led to the grand slam. I can understand Girardi thinking lefty v lefty...BUT...it's Sergio Rodriguez v Carlos Pena. With CC struggling with his command and his fast ball not having its usual zip...you don't tempt fate. Rays loaded the bases THREE times...and made the Yanks pay twice.

Meanwhile, we talked about this earlier regarding Yanks offense. Yanks came away with nothing with the bases loaded twice. Granderson was trying to do too much. Tex...annoying me. The damn shift is going to be there until you learn to beat it. Never mind he can't hit a breaking pitch to save his life.

We now know, yanks might need more than a 1 run lead to help Mo out. Though, like CC he starts off like this and then the weather warms up and he's precision perfect.

that was a horrible decision by giardi, he really overmanages....you take your chances against sergio

havent we all expected tex to just come up short when it counts by now?
NYK Mentality
Banned User
And1: 25

Post#52 » by NYK Mentality » Sat Apr 7, 2012 11:10 pm

As a Knicks fan, the Knicks board is all I've ever posted on. Nice to see fellow Knick fans posting inside of this thread, but with all that said, I'm a die hard Knicks, Jets, Rangers and Rays fan. Been a die hard fan of the Rays since our Devil Ray days. Days that I'd rather not remember but very hard to forget. I moved to Saint Petersburg FLorida back in 1996, and when the D.Rays became a franchise back in 1998? I just fell in love with the game of baseball. Was always a die hard NBA and NFL fan, love my Jets and Knicks, but really got into baseball just about 15 years ago.

It's a long season, 1-0 is nothing to be excited about, neither is 2-0, but with all that said? I love our chances of winning the AL East once again. By far, the best starting 5 around. Our bullpen this season is the best we've ever had. Desmond Jennings is one heck of a prospect and we finally have a true leadoff hitter for the first time in franchise history. Crawford had the tools to hit leadoff, but never wanted anything to do with the leadoff position. Then we have a HEALTHY Longoria? Kid has MVP type of ability. And damn am I glad to have Carlos Pena back. He may K out often, but he's one hell of a slugger.

Enjoy the game Knick/Yankee fans. See you all after the game.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#53 » by jeff1624 » Sat Apr 7, 2012 11:25 pm

Eduardo Nunez... Error..

Looks like he picked up right where he left off.
Dat Leadership
NYK Mentality
Banned User

Post#54 » by NYK Mentality » Sat Apr 7, 2012 11:36 pm

jeff1624 wrote:Eduardo Nunez... Error..

He'll turn out to become a solid defensive SS, but you can't blame Nunez for that error, have to look at the overall situation. Desmond Jennings was gunning down the 1st base line. Kid is BLAZING fast, Carl Crawford was always (and still is) VERY fast. Very quick too, but Desmond Jennings is by far, the fastest Rays player this franchise has ever had. No question about it, so trust me... LOTS of 3rd basemen and SS's get errors on easy plays when Jennings puts the ball into play, because unless they RUSH the process, he's getting on base.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#55 » by jeff1624 » Sat Apr 7, 2012 11:45 pm

NYK Mentality wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:Eduardo Nunez... Error..

He'll turn out to become a solid defensive SS, but you can't blame Nunez for that error, have to look at the overall situation. Desmond Jennings was gunning down the 1st base line. Kid is BLAZING fast, Carl Crawford was always (and still is) VERY fast. Very quick too, but Desmond Jennings is by far, the fastest Rays player this franchise has ever had. No question about it, so trust me... LOTS of 3rd basemen and SS's get errors on easy plays when Jennings puts the ball into play, because unless they RUSH the process, he's getting on base.

I would agree with you if Nunez wasn't a horrible defensive player. Besides, it was a grounder that took a single hop. Desmond would have been out if Nunez had made the routine play.
Dat Leadership
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#56 » by Relentless88 » Sun Apr 8, 2012 12:33 am

Pharmcat wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Exactly. A little playoff atmosphere this early is not necessarily a bad thing because you can't simulate scenarios like bases loaded and no outs in a preseason match up.

that was a horrible decision by giardi, he really overmanages....you take your chances against sergio

havent we all expected tex to just come up short when it counts by now?

You guys are talking about Sean Rodriguez right? Sergio is the former Blazers point guard. :wink: :lol:
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#57 » by Pharmcat » Sun Apr 8, 2012 12:39 am

off to a rough start :-?
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#58 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Apr 8, 2012 2:23 am

Can't be in an 0-4 hole against Price. Jeter continues to have a good game. Granderson came on. But DP killed the Yanks.

Last season Yanks were something like 20th in quality starts....hope is to improve on that.
NYK Mentality
Banned User

Post#59 » by NYK Mentality » Sun Apr 8, 2012 2:31 am

Can't believe our bullpen has put us in danger here in the 9th inning... Meltdown if I've ever seen one. Wouldn't be shocked to see A.Rod tie the game up with a two run bomb here. wow.
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by GnarlesOakley » Sun Apr 8, 2012 2:58 am

Really not confident with Kuroda, especially as a #2.

Think he's better than he showed today, but I don't like it at all that he's having command problems.

Return to New York Yankees