ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to Go, Brian Cashman!

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Time to Go, Brian Cashman! 

Post#1 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Jul 7, 2014 5:47 pm

Look, you can only blame George Steinbrenner, Randy Levine, and/or other Yankee front office personnel before it comes back to ONE simple fact:

You can't live off a GM that has never been a scout but a lawyer his entire life.

People talk about Brian Cashman as if this guy scouted the talent around him. No he did not. He just signed off on it.

The problem with that, how do you know the scout did his job? It sounds almost NY Knick-ish when you talk about the Yankees farm system. While I realize the Yankees' drafting position hasn't helped I gotta wonder how the hell are the Red Sawx able to continue bringing up youth and starters as they have been right there with the Yanks competing for the better part of 13 years?

Ok, so let's withdraw that handicap.

As a lawyer what kind of contracts has Cashman been able to sign FAs under? EXCLUDING A-Roid.
Carl Pavano, Kei Igawa, Javier Vasquez x2, the entire squad in 2010. The CC Sabbathia re-signing looks dreadful right now.

Tanaka looks good but I'm almost convinced Cashman was forced to bring in another starter.

Free agent wise:
Ellsbury: More expensive Brett Gardner?
McCann: Average is in the toilet.
Beltran: Guy's body is eroding quickly.

Most of those deals have blown up in his face.

Somewhere Derek Jeter, whom Cashman and Levine gave a hard time is laughing on his way out.

RIGHT NOW, gentlemen....that squad at Old Timer's Day could BEAT THIS 2014 NY Yankees line up.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,021

Re: Time to Go, Brian Cashman! 

Post#2 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:34 pm

The only thing they should be doing is trying to shed every old player they got for whatever assets they can bring back, let nature take it's course and start thinking about with top prospect they should draft in the 2015 draft.
Vides990
Starter
And1: 972

Post#3 » by Vides990 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:16 pm

It's been time to go, he should have been fired when Torre was.
Preemptively joining the Bucks and Twolves bandwagons.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#4 » by DowNY » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:12 am

Should have never let Cano go & he obtained Beltran years too late.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#5 » by TNBT » Sat Aug 2, 2014 11:22 am

I think Ellsbury is fine and I'm pretty sure McCann will improve again, but Beltran was a bad idea. Some Yankees fans want us to throw buckets of money at every washed-up former star who hits the market. That gets you some recognizable names for jersey sales, but you end up with a half-assed team who are waaay overpaid.

I'd much rather get rid of the bad long-term contracts for whatever we can get in draft picks or expiring deals, tank (or be willing to accept losing) for a few years, and start sending some prospects into the big time and let them grow and develop into a quality team.

We've had some great home grown players in the last decade, and those teams have been successful because they gave the young guys a chance and built around them. It's time to do the same with Sanchez, Clarkin, however you spell the other young starters name is, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to New York Yankees