ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade deadline

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Jnknicks
Ballboy
And1: 1

Trade deadline 

Post#1 » by Jnknicks » Sat Aug 2, 2014 6:29 pm

Besides getting prado and drew the yankees didn't have much assists to aquire big names and they would never get lackey or Lester from the redsox
Jnknicks
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Trade deadline 

Post#2 » by Jnknicks » Sat Aug 2, 2014 6:30 pm

Although they probaly could have done better than the tigers gave for price
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,219

Post#3 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Aug 3, 2014 2:59 am

Cashman seems to be sleep at the wheel. But if Drew can return to form he is a decent grab. Not sure what his problem is.
:beer: RIP mags
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Sun Aug 3, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm actually pretty happy with what Cashman has been able to do. We've got into trouble in the past by giving away prospects in return for veterans, who we then overpay. Cashman didn't have a lot to work with as far as prospects go, but I like that he held onto the ones we do have.

He also landed McCarthy, Capuano, Headley, Drew and Prado without giving up anything of real value. Now I know those guys aren't marquee players, but they've been effective so far and could end up sticking around.

To hold onto our prospects and get multiple solid/serviceable players for almost nothing is a great result as far as I'm concerned. As I said, he didn't have the elite prospect depth to make major deals anyway, and he avoided taking on any real long-term salary commitments. I'm hoping we stick with that plan and keep utilizing shorter contracts until we can get out from under some of those awful contracts (CC, Tex, A-Rod, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to New York Yankees