ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agency Thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Free Agency Thread 

Post#1 » by damedash09 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Red Sox have added Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandavol. They now need to go add pitching. There in on Lester. I expect a Yankees splash coming soon. Cashman won't sit around and get shown up by the Red Sox.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Re: Free Agency Thread 

Post#2 » by moocow007 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Come on Cashman. Andrew Miller! Go with Miller and Betances for the nastiest tail end of the bullpen in baseball. Let Robertson go to Houston. 4 years $30 million, get him signed and move on.

If you can't convince the Cubs with trading Castro for a package consisting of Sanchez and Clarkin, then punt with Stephen Drew for another year or just take Jimmy Rollins contract. Do not give someone like Asdrubal Cabrera some crazy long term deal.

And whatever else, please for the love of Pete Rose, no more freaking over the hill "position" players who's best position is DH.

On the starting pitching front, if they don't want to go for one of the big 3 (Scherzer, Lester or Shields)...and it may be a good idea to pass on all 3 if you can't get them for a 5 or less year contract...then Justin Masterson on a make good short term deal (something he's willing to sign based on reports). If he makes good the Yankees can still outbid everyone. If he doesn't then they aren't stuck with a freaking CC Sabbathia sized albatross.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#3 » by Pharmcat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:24 pm

red sox stealing yanks thunder again
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#4 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:34 pm

The Yanks have three albatross sized contracts: A-Rod $27M, CC $23M, Tex $22M. Don't forget the off-season signings.

Think Headley will be the biggest re-signing. Cash loves this guy.

Think the Yanks are spending money left and right on international prospects. Wouldn't shock me if they did nothing.
Zenith
Senior
And1: 1,553

Post#5 » by Zenith » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Pharmcat wrote:red sox stealing yanks thunder again

Na those deals are horrible, they'd be better of paying Cespedes instead of signing those guys then trading him.

Dr. Detfink wrote:Think Headley will be the biggest re-signing. Cash loves this guy.

Anything more then 1 yr, 10 mill would be a horrid decision, he's terrible.

Dr. Detfink wrote:Think the Yanks are spending money left and right on international prospects. Wouldn't shock me if they did nothing.

I agree with this, I dont think they do anything this offseason other then roll back essentially the same team. Under 75 wins next yr, calling it now.
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#6 » by isiah_thomas » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:09 am

Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Donaldson going to #BlueJays. Lawrie, RHP Kendall Graveman among those going to #Athletics.

Allstar 3B

Division members making moves

Return to New York Yankees