Arod apologizes to Yanks

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Arod apologizes to Yanks 

Post#1 » by Pharmcat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:34 am

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... rk-yankees

EW YORK -- In a 90-minute meeting at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday, Alex Rodriguez apologized to New York Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner and team executives for his suspension for performance-enhancing drug use and the hostile nature in which he attempted to defend himself.

The two sides released a joint statement on Tuesday evening, saying Rodriguez "initiated the meeting and apologized to the organization for his actions over the past several years."

The Yankees, sources said, made it clear to Rodriguez that they plan on disputing his home run bonuses. Rodriguez, who has 654 career homers, can make a total of $30 million extra if he reaches five separate home run milestones, starting with tying Willie Mays' 660 homers for fourth place on the all-time list.

OK good now lets move on to baseball, Yanks need to let go of the bonuses, they have no chance of winning and it creates a distraction
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,133

Re: Arod apologizes to Yanks 

Post#2 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:32 am

Arod is in Alan Houston/Amare territory for me. I actually rooted for him as a player, in spite of his assine moments, but he's clearly cooked now and I just want the expensive contract off the team I root for.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#3 » by Yankeeknickfan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:03 pm

Too little too late *****. Only way I forgive u is if u let us buy u out.
Imageceltics
Elias20
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#4 » by Elias20 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:52 pm

Can he just retire. He has made a ton of money. Why play and ruin any little respect people had for you.
Die hard NY Jets fan? Check out: http://nyjetsfanatics.com/forum.php
Zenith
Senior
And1: 1,553

Post#5 » by Zenith » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:49 pm

I want to see him rise from the ashes like a phoenix (not that I expect it, hes old), the media wouldn't know what to do. He's still my favorite player.

Return to New York Yankees