ImageImageImageImageImage

this team blows, fire cashman

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#1 » by Pharmcat » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:00 pm

wasted all this money on ellsbury, beltran, and other flops like youkilis.

missed out on all the cuban talent, that LAD, CHI teams, and BOS took up

farm system still years away.

whoever scouted Didi should be fired too

new ownership, new GM, new FO is needed.

this FO is more interested in shaming ARod then putting a sustaninable winning product on the field
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Re: this team blows, fire cashman 

Post#2 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Pharmcat wrote:wasted all this money on ellsbury, beltran, and other flops like youkilis.

missed out on all the cuban talent, that LAD, CHI teams, and BOS took up

farm system still years away.

whoever scouted Didi should be fired too

new ownership, new GM, new FO is needed.

this FO is more interested in shaming ARod then putting a sustaninable winning product on the field

It'll be hilarious to see what happens if ARod continues his tear throughout the season. Especially when he starts to eclipse each of the many performance clauses that's written up in his contract. :lol:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#3 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:25 am

Beltran looks done. Ellsbury and McCann are coming around but they aren't difference makers.

I agree, time to use money to flood that farm system with big time talent.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:09 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Beltran looks done. Ellsbury and McCann are coming around but they aren't difference makers.

I agree, time to use money to flood that farm system with big time talent.

Beltran looks like a fat 50 year old building janitor. Brutal signing so far.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#5 » by BKlutch » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:03 pm

My my how time changes things.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#6 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:24 am

Indeed!

I don't know, if anyone could have predicted that the Red Sox overspending/re-vamping their team would land them in last place nearly 10 games from first place. Now, I STILL believe the Sawx have a run in them but I dunno if the gap is too much to make up. The O's lost some talent in the off season. The Rays lost talent AND their manager.

While Alex Rodriguez's bionic hips have paid off, Teixiera is having a GREAT season. #3 in RBIs and #5 in Home Runs. A lot of that has to do with the fact, the 1-3 are milking pitches.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#7 » by BKlutch » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:40 am

Tex is the Yankee MVP to date, Bionic Roid is the season's gift from heaven, Ellsbury is great. Beltran still disappoints but they are ok in the outfield. Drew can't hit but Headly is pickup up with his bat, catching is good, Didi is doing ok, and Gardner is great. Our pitching is streaky but seems to be good enough. What a lovely surprise. In April, I expected nothing more than any of you did. Nice to find things actually better than predicted (almost everybody who was on the fence is having a good year.) Hope the Knicks are as lucky.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by moocow007 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Drew is indeed a feast or famine hitter (mostly famine). Of his 50 hits this season (in 299 at bats), 25 of them have been for extra bases (13 homers and 12 doubles). He's struck out 49 times which is probably not too too high for a guy that is looking at about 25 homers if he played a full season and has only grounded into 6 double plays. His defense has been pretty solid. I think he's alright. Not ideal but there's a lot worse out there IMO.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#9 » by BKlutch » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:04 am

Drew needs to get on base a bit more. If he can do that, we can keep him. If not, we'll be looking to upgrade.

Cashman was really smart, btw, to bring back ARod instead of buying him out and saying goodbye. His plan was good - let him make a fool of himself and ask for a buyout, or let him help the team. He's really doing the latter.

As much as I hated him for using PEDs, maybe a legitimate story of redemption is also a good one to teach my sons.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#10 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:04 am

There's NO WAY the NY Yankees under Hal Steinbrenner would EAT $80M remaining even if Alex hit .172
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#11 » by BKlutch » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:04 am

Offense if beginning to click, right?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#12 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:33 am

The undeniable reason why Brian Cashman should be fired is simple: The farm system.

Yea, BLOWING big bucks on McCann, Ellsbury, Tanaka kind of nullified his statement he said on the Michael Kay show back in 2007 that he wanted to PROVE he could build a moderate sized payroll and build from within.

Phil Hughes flamed out...

Joba Chamberlain naw....

Ian Kennedy...nope.

While Gardner is a nice player, Cano was one area that the Yanks had no depth and yet, Cashman let him go. Not opposed to it but wonder what he knew...

That's it. It has been a farm system that has been more capable of producing relievers than every day or starting pitching.

Cashman was NEVER a scout. He's a lawyer. That's his trade. The irony is, the Pineda trade is the ONLY trade that he won clearly. Keep in mind, Pineda is trying to finish his FIRST season healthy as a Yankee. That's his BEST deal.

This is why the Yankees are stuck with CC Sabbathia and Mark Teixiera's contracts along with A-Rod.

Now, you're talking about the hitting...well, that's NOT Cashman but the luck of Tex, Alex being healthy (for now) and the rest of the line up hitting, which has obscured Ellsbury's injury woes.

Return to New York Yankees