ImageImageImageImageImage

Toronto MapleJays (58-52) @ New York (61-46): Time for Answers

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Toronto MapleJays (58-52) @ New York (61-46): Time for Answers 

Post#1 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Aug 7, 2015 2:07 am

If the NY Yankees are going to take the AL East, they'll have to fight off the resurgent Toronto Bluejays. The Jays made a splash by acquiring both David Price and SS phenom Troy Tulowitski.

Toronto is managed by Gibbons aka Chris Benoit, a volatile manager whose first stint was marked by former Yankee Ted Lilly wanting to fight Gibbons in the dug out. Anyone who remembered Lilly knows, he's a very passive guy.

Yanks need to establish themselves as the AL East top dog.
Xaos
Sixth Man
And1: 1,854

Re: Toronto MapleJays (58-52) @ New York (61-46): Time for Answers 

Post#2 » by Xaos » Sat Aug 8, 2015 2:32 am

It's the Toronto Blue Jays you wanker!
Xaos
Sixth Man
And1: 1,854

Post#3 » by Xaos » Sat Aug 8, 2015 2:32 am

SEE YAAAA!!
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#4 » by isiah_thomas » Sat Aug 8, 2015 7:41 pm

I had never seen a Jays fan in my life until yesterday.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#5 » by Latrell » Sat Aug 8, 2015 9:17 pm

isiah_thomas wrote:I had never seen a Jays fan in my life until yesterday.

Might want to check the Jays forum that more active than every other baseball forum on this site combined.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#6 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Aug 9, 2015 3:48 am

Imageceltics
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#7 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Aug 9, 2015 10:52 pm

This series actually turned the AL Easy into AL Interesting.

Roll the clocks back to 10 days ago, every one was congratulating GM Brian Cashman and making a joke about firing him. He decided to stand pat. Pineda gets hurt (again). Talented OF Mason Williams went under the knife. No moves were made at the All-Star break, while Toronto shockingly decided to take the money they spend on Healthcare for two vital difference makers.

That's been the difference. for the last 20 yrs the frugal Canadian owners stood pat and watched their team rise then drop off the race. For a change, New York becomes frugal...and now, their fans are watching the team's comfortable lead erode away.

Great 10 inning opening game. Both teams had so many opportunities to put the game away until Bautista did in the 10th in stunning fashion. Good player. He reminds me of Georges St-Pierre. Not bad for a gay guy.

Game 2 was proof why Ivan Nova is middle relief on most contending teams.

Game 3 I thought Tanaka pitched a really good tame. No, I respectfully disagree. He's thrown WAY more splitters last year, than he has this year BUT here's the difference...

Last season Tanaka challenged the hitters by throwing inside, then used his splitter as his out pitch. This season, he mixes more sliders and he uses the splitter not as his out pitch. So it's weird. He's trying for more deception. It gets him into trouble when he doesn't have pinpoint control. When he misses, his pitches are crushed.

Now, Stephen A. Smith who said, "I'm not worried about Toronto..." will NOW go into Spike Lee mode: Lots of drama. Pointing the finger at rich white people for not doing more. Without any understanding of sports.

But to the NY Yankees, it's just one game. The regular season is determined by the schedule NOT the match ups. That comes later in the playoffs IF the parties make it.
OnAirDonnie
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#8 » by OnAirDonnie » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Comparing Gibbons to Chris Benoit is so pathetically irresponsible, I cannot believe a Mod didn't delete the comment and suspend the person who posted it.

Chris Benoit - who WAS a personal friend of mine, as I worked in the wrestling business for many years - DESTROYED his family. The thought of the man I broke bread with many times murdering his wife, and especially his son is the most heinous thing someone I've ever known has done.

Gibbons and Lilly got into a fight cuz after getting touched up, Lilly refused to come out of a game... and Gibbons is the damn skipper.

Gibbons was well within his rights to tell Lilly off, who was trying to show Gibbons off.

If that comparison was an attempt at humor - he failed.
-----------------------------------
Donnie DaSilva
Host - The Bench
www.TheBenchGuys.Com
@TheBenchGuys

Return to New York Yankees