Image

Peavy close to extension through 2012

Moderator: GYBE

User avatar
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
Posts: 28,282
And1: 2,637
Joined: Jul 14, 2002
Location: Looking not-so-happily deranged
   

Peavy close to extension through 2012 

Post#1 » by Snakebites » Wed Dec 5, 2007 2:11 am

I know odds are nobody will respond, but this still seemed significant enough to wipe off the inch thick layer of dust off the top of this board. Great that they are ready to put up the cash to commit to a great young star that wants to be here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3138883
Image
User avatar
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 31,180
And1: 5
Joined: Sep 04, 2003
Location: P-nuts + hair doos

 

Post#2 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed Dec 5, 2007 4:18 pm

This now quashes all those absurd Peavy-to-wherever rumors. Glad to see the team lock up a star pitcher below market value.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
User avatar
wigglestrue
RealGM
Posts: 24,124
And1: 168
Joined: Feb 06, 2003
Location: Wiggling, after hitting a four-pointer of Truth

 

Post#3 » by wigglestrue » Wed Dec 5, 2007 4:23 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:This now quashes all those absurd Peavy-to-wherever rumors. Glad to see the team lock up a star pitcher below market value.


Well, not sure how absurd the rumors were. Absurd because SD never should've considered moving him? Sure. But there were financial/value reasons why SD might have considered it despite their best interests.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
User avatar
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 31,180
And1: 5
Joined: Sep 04, 2003
Location: P-nuts + hair doos

 

Post#4 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed Dec 5, 2007 4:54 pm

wigglestrue wrote:Well, not sure how absurd the rumors were. Absurd because SD never should've considered moving him? Sure. But there were financial/value reasons why SD might have considered it despite their best interests.


Absurd because of some of the proposals that were being thrown out there.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
User avatar
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
Posts: 28,282
And1: 2,637
Joined: Jul 14, 2002
Location: Looking not-so-happily deranged
   

 

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Wed Dec 5, 2007 7:57 pm

^Pretty much.

Plus Peavy is exactly what the management has always SAID they wanted. A product of our own farm system becoming a great player and showing a genuine desire to stay with the team.

Trading him would have gone against that, especially given what some of the rumors were.
Image

Return to San Diego Padres