Seattle Mariners @ Toronto Blue Jays

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Seattle Mariners @ Toronto Blue Jays 

Post#1 » by Sweezo » Sat May 4, 2013 1:38 am

That's about as good a game as the M's have had this season. Felix was dominant and the Blue Jays were lucky to get a few hits against him. Seager's on fire. A three-hit night including another home run.

I'm thrilled to see Jason Bay succeed. I don't know what the future holds for him and Mariners long[er] term but he's making it difficult to figure out what to do when Guti comes back. With his home run tonight he now has 3 HR on the season and a .279/.375/.475 line.

The team's on a roll. Winners of two series coming into Toronto, they've started this series off on a high note and sit at 14-17 on the season. I was ready to give up on this season as the M's slinked out of Texas, but they're actually fun to watch right now.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Re: Seattle Mariners @ Toronto Blue Jays 

Post#2 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Sat May 4, 2013 8:06 pm

Sucks I missed the game yesterday. I love me some dominant Felix.

Today was a thing of beauty. The Mariners have been monsters these first two games. Michael Saunders is owning that leadoff spot and he is murdering the ball. Ackley gave us his first homer of the season at a perfect time, and Kuma did what he's best at; Owning every single opponent.

There is NO ARGUMENT as to who the best 1-2 starter combo in baseball is. Look back at the past year or so; Iwakuma is a top 5 pitcher in baseball. Monster.

Love it right now. Too bad tomorrow is Joe Saunders on the road.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Sun May 5, 2013 6:35 am

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:Sucks I missed the game yesterday.

I was stuck listening to this one on the radio, but it was still fun to listen to. For all the flack I/we give Jack Z for some of his roster moves that hasn't worked out, he struck gold with Iwakuma. The back of the rotation may be a big question mark but Felix and Iwakuma are pitching out of of their minds. I never question Felix's motivation, but I like having a guy behind him like Iwakuma. Once Felix established himself as a Mariner, there's been no question who our best pitcher is. Right now? There's a .01 difference between their ERAs on the year. I don't care if it's a flawed stat, it's still fun to note. Felix strikes more guys out, but Kuma allows fewer baserunners.

Saunders is turning to into a complete weapon, and Ackley couldn't have picked a better time to come through with his first HR of the year.

Let's go for the sweep on Sunday...
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#4 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon May 6, 2013 4:00 pm

Sweezo wrote:Let's go for the sweep on Sunday...

Sweez, you must have missed this part of my post:

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:Too bad tomorrow is Joe Saunders on the road.

:lol:

Am I out of my mind for wanting a 6th starter who's sole purpose is to replace Saunders on the road? :-?
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Mon May 6, 2013 7:23 pm

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:Am I out of my mind for wanting a 6th starter who's sole purpose is to replace Saunders on the road? :-?

No, but it would never work. I remember wondering if there was a way to do something similar with Jamie Moyer during his last year in Seattle. I knew it was never a realistic notion and the the team never tried it. Pitchers are creatures of habit, and shuttling two guys back and forth between one rotation spot would get them both out of sorts.

Plus, if they did have someone rotate in with Saunders it would likely be...Beavan? Bonderman?
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#6 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon May 6, 2013 7:39 pm

Sweezo wrote:Plus, if they did have someone rotate in with Saunders it would likely be...Beavan? Bonderman?

Walker?

....Yes.....yes.... :wizard:

Return to Seattle Mariners