Yankees @ Mariners

BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Yankees @ Mariners 

Post#1 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:17 am

Are any of you guys still alive?

Mariners are one of the hottest teams in baseball tonight and open a 3 game series tonight vs the Yanks. Iwakuma is going before we face Tanaka tomorrow.

Gotta get it. Lets go Ms!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Re: Yankees @ Mariners 

Post#2 » by nuke the whales » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:04 am

Speaking of hot, at what point does Gillespie deserve an everyday starting job?
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:52 am

Frustrating game. The M's have hit the ball well but have been horribly unlucky. The Jeter lovefest is nauseating, and I hate the Yankees' fans always making their presence felt in Seattle. I want to win this badly.

nuke the whales wrote:Speaking of hot, at what point does Gillespie deserve an everyday starting job?

Now, at least until someone better comes along. He's doing what I hoped Ackley would.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#4 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:37 am

Why did we pinch hit Chavez for Gillespie earlier? I know a righty was coming in, but that is way to early to pinch hit, especially for one of your hottest hitter. Now we are screwed here in the 8th. Ugh.

I agree that we have been unlucky at the plate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:16 am

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:Why did we pinch hit Chavez for Gillespie earlier?

Because we had to keep Buck available to pinch hit in the 9th? I don't know...none of Lloyd's in-game moves made a ton of sense tonight and they all bit him in the ass. He left Kuma in too long, pinch hit Endy for some reason, and then put Buck in to flail madly over the top of the same curveball three times. Our offense isn't good enough to win every game that it can, but this one sucked.

Also, holy **** is this Yankees/Jeter loveliest bull going to get old over the next couple days. And Buhner was wretched 100x over in the booth tonight. The only time he's not saying something irritating as a broadcaster is when he's taking a breath.
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Post#6 » by nuke the whales » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Smoak and Saunders both on the DL, but Morrison back and Montero up.

Return to Seattle Mariners