yardbarker

Southwest Division Standings

RankTeamWLPCTGBL10STRKPPGOPPGDIFF
1San Antonio Spurs6220.75606-4L 2105.497.67.8
2Houston Rockets5428.65985-5L 1107.7103.14.6
3Memphis Grizzlies5032.610127-3W 596.194.61.5
4Dallas Mavericks4933.598136-4L 1104.8102.42.4
5New Orleans Pelicans3448.415282-8W 299.7102.4-2.7

See complete NBA standings

The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit featuring D-Wade

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL, cmavswin

Post#1 The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit fea
Thu May 27, 2010 4:26 pm by Xenopathic Investigator

Will such a summit put us out of the running for Lebron,bosh and Wade? If so were do go from here? If they all go to NY or NJ then what do we do to get better in the summer?

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... or_summit/
Xenopathic Investigator
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,367
And1: 0
Joined: May 10, 2005
Top

Post#2 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 4:38 pm by JES12

Preface: IMO

All that is going to happen at any such meeting is to find out which two max players want to play with each other and a whole bunch of vet min guys. Then you will have one or two that will seek the max from the teams that those first two do not go to.

I think Wade stays put (as he is lobbying for Miami already) and you will see Bosh or Amare join him. I can possibly see Wade maxed with JJ and Boozer both taking less-than max deals (closer to $12 mil) to join Wade.

I will be competely shocked if Lebron and Wade end up on the same team.
JES12
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 24,656
And1: 83
Joined: Jul 5, 2006
Top

Post#3 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 4:40 pm by Xenopathic Investigator

were does it leave us?
Xenopathic Investigator
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,367
And1: 0
Joined: May 10, 2005
Top

Post#4 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 4:42 pm by JES12

Xenopathic Investigator wrote:were does it leave us?

I don't think lebron will go there. I think it takes Wade and one of Bosh/Boozer/Amare/Lee off the table. Maybe JJ too.

It does not affect us any more than what we were expecting last week.

Edit: oh, and I was expecting JJ to be anywhere but here.
JES12
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 24,656
And1: 83
Joined: Jul 5, 2006
Top

Post#5 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 4:44 pm by Captain_Obvious

JES12 wrote:
Xenopathic Investigator wrote:were does it leave us?

I don't think lebron will go there. I think it takes Wade and one of Bosh/Boozer/Amare/Lee off the table. Maybe JJ too.

It does not affect us any more than what we were expecting last week.

Edit: oh, and I was expecting JJ to be anywhere but here.

Maybe Dirk attends also...
Captain_Obvious

Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,532
And1: 51
Joined: Apr 2, 2006
Top

Post#6 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 4:45 pm by JES12

Maybe Dirk recruits Lebron

Maybe Dirk sprinkles some star DUST in the meeting.
JES12
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 24,656
And1: 83
Joined: Jul 5, 2006
Top

Post#7 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 4:52 pm by Xenopathic Investigator

What if Glen Quadmire attends? Does our chance of landing lebron increase?
Xenopathic Investigator
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,367
And1: 0
Joined: May 10, 2005
Top

Post#8 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:06 pm by 2011Champs

JES12 wrote:Maybe Dirk recruits Lebron

Maybe Dirk sprinkles some star DUST in the meeting.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2011Champs
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,295
And1: 31
Joined: Nov 21, 2008
Location: DFW
Top

Post#9 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:08 pm by 2011Champs

Maybe Lebron recruits Dirk to go to Cleveland. Dirk forces Dallas into a sign and trade to Cleveland or lose him for nothing.
2011Champs
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,295
And1: 31
Joined: Nov 21, 2008
Location: DFW
Top

Post#10 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:13 pm by JES12

DesignatedDrunk wrote:Maybe Lebron recruits Dirk to go to Cleveland. Dirk forces Dallas into a sign and trade to Cleveland or lose him for nothing.

They have nothing of interest that would pay for the salary we would have to assume to make the S&T work (i.e., Hickson + bad contracts won't get you Dirk). That is why DUST is important. They don't have to ADD salary to trade Lebron. Also, CAVS management and owner sucks ass...that is why Lebron is looking at other teams. Dirk isn't looking because we are just the opposite.
JES12
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 24,656
And1: 83
Joined: Jul 5, 2006
Top

Post#11 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:15 pm by Xenopathic Investigator

maybe. At least he'll win something for god's sake. Dammit its not even about basketball anymore its respect for another human being. Obviously Stern (quasi)banned cuban from winning titles so send Dirk to a non-banned team like the celtics.
Xenopathic Investigator
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,367
And1: 0
Joined: May 10, 2005
Top

Post#12 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:17 pm by 2011Champs

JES12 wrote:
DesignatedDrunk wrote:Maybe Lebron recruits Dirk to go to Cleveland. Dirk forces Dallas into a sign and trade to Cleveland or lose him for nothing.

They have nothing of interest that would pay for the salary we would have to assume to make the S&T work (i.e., Hickson + bad contracts won't get you Dirk). That is why DUST is important. They don't have to ADD salary to trade Lebron. Also, CAVS management and owner sucks ass...that is why Lebron is looking at other teams. Dirk isn't looking because we are just the opposite.

Dirk will leave for nothing if the Mavs don't want to sign and trade. We will end up taking Jamison plus filler for Dirk to prevent him from going to NYK or NJN for nothing in return.
2011Champs
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,295
And1: 31
Joined: Nov 21, 2008
Location: DFW
Top

Post#13 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:17 pm by JES12

I find it amazing that Maverick fans think there is a better chance of Dirk leasing to play with one other good player than it is for one other good player to play with Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Butler, Roddy, Terry, and Haywood. Simply amazes me at how we have these drunks on this forum.
JES12
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 24,656
And1: 83
Joined: Jul 5, 2006
Top

Post#14 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:18 pm by 2011Champs

Xenopathic Investigator wrote:maybe. At least he'll win something for god's sake. Dammit its not even about basketball anymore its respect for another human being. Obviously Stern (quasi)banned cuban from winning titles so send Dirk to a non-banned team like the celtics.

+1
I will root for whatever team Dirk goes to along with The Mavs
2011Champs
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,295
And1: 31
Joined: Nov 21, 2008
Location: DFW
Top

Post#15 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:19 pm by JES12

DesignatedDrunk wrote: We will end up taking Jamison plus filler for Dirk

to prevent him from going to NYK or NJN for nothing in return.

Wow! Too completely idiotic statements back to back.
JES12
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 24,656
And1: 83
Joined: Jul 5, 2006
Top

Post#16 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:20 pm by 2011Champs

JES12 wrote:I find it amazing that Maverick fans think there is a better chance of Dirk leasing to play with one other good player than it is for one other good player to play with Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Butler, Roddy, Terry, and Haywood. Simply amazes me at how we have these drunks on this forum.

All the big FAs want to play with our old jumpshooting team. :roll:
get real.
2011Champs
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,295
And1: 31
Joined: Nov 21, 2008
Location: DFW
Top

Post#17 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:22 pm by Xenopathic Investigator

DesignatedDrunk wrote:
JES12 wrote:
DesignatedDrunk wrote:Maybe Lebron recruits Dirk to go to Cleveland. Dirk forces Dallas into a sign and trade to Cleveland or lose him for nothing.

They have nothing of interest that would pay for the salary we would have to assume to make the S&T work (i.e., Hickson + bad contracts won't get you Dirk). That is why DUST is important. They don't have to ADD salary to trade Lebron. Also, CAVS management and owner sucks ass...that is why Lebron is looking at other teams. Dirk isn't looking because we are just the opposite.

Dirk will leave for nothing if the Mavs don't want to sign and trade. We will end up taking Jamison plus filler for Dirk to prevent him from going to NYK or NJN for nothing in return.


the other team doesn't have a ungaraunteed contract so no.
Xenopathic Investigator
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,367
And1: 0
Joined: May 10, 2005
Top

Post#18 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:22 pm by Xenopathic Investigator

DesignatedDrunk wrote:
JES12 wrote:I find it amazing that Maverick fans think there is a better chance of Dirk leasing to play with one other good player than it is for one other good player to play with Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Butler, Roddy, Terry, and Haywood. Simply amazes me at how we have these drunks on this forum.

All the big FAs want to play with our old jumpshooting team. :roll:
get real.

We'll see. Celtics and the Spurs are pretty old too but they won titles.
Xenopathic Investigator
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,367
And1: 0
Joined: May 10, 2005
Top

Post#19 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:24 pm by Xenopathic Investigator

JES12 wrote:
DesignatedDrunk wrote: We will end up taking Jamison plus filler for Dirk

to prevent him from going to NYK or NJN for nothing in return.

Wow! Too completely idiotic statements back to back.

He's a troll.
Xenopathic Investigator
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,367
And1: 0
Joined: May 10, 2005
Top

Post#20 Re: The Basketball Illuminati: June FA Summit
Thu May 27, 2010 5:25 pm by JES12

DesignatedDrunk wrote:
JES12 wrote:I find it amazing that Maverick fans think there is a better chance of Dirk leasing to play with one other good player than it is for one other good player to play with Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Butler, Roddy, Terry, and Haywood. Simply amazes me at how we have these drunks on this forum.

All the big FAs want to play with our old jumpshooting team. :roll:
get real.

When he only thing your team lacks is their presense, it makes for a perfect fit. Chris Paul is not going to look to join Utah even if Williams is a a young all-star, but Lebron would definately concider Dallas if what he provides the the thing we are missing. He needs people who can actually make a shot or be in the right spot when he penetrates. Also, if he has an off night, we have the crew to step up. Neith dirk nor Lebron had that assurance on their 2009-10 teams.
JES12
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 24,656
And1: 83
Joined: Jul 5, 2006
Top

Next

Return to Dallas Mavericks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users