ImageImageImage

Magic Johnson urges Cuban to trade for Howard

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Jinra
Starter
And1: 121

Re: Magic Johnson urges Cuban to trade for Howard 

Post#21 » by Jinra » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm

frizzledizzle wrote:Absolutely no way to turn that crap into Dwight Howard. Your scenarios have other teams giving up better players and assets. Why wouldn't they just trade for Howard themselves?

Sorry but those trades are so lopsided it's not even funny. Kaman + Marion = Howard... lol. A 31 year old injury prone center that's an expiring contract and a 34 year old. Howard is arguably the best center in the NBA and a top 5 player.

I find it hard to believe you think those are realistic trades and that you could turn Kaman and Marion into Howard. Even with an added 1st round pick it's not even close to equal value. Especially since it will be a mid-round pick. Adding to it being a mid-round pick, it's a weak draft. It could be the #1 pick and it's still not that amazing because there is no projected superstar.

First off, they wouldn't trade for Howard themselves because, in my scenarios, Memphis can't trade for him straight up and they can't resign Howard and Utah won't give up everything knowing that Howard won't resign with them either. Wait, did you even read the basis of the trades? Didn't think so. I will continue, since you asked.

So were exactly did I say Kaman + Marion = Dwight? That is why it's a 3-team trade, because something as simple as 1+1 will not work for Mavs. Each trade includes a team that would be interested in the deal for one reason or another.

Mavs do not have a 1st rounder to use this year. They would abviously have to offer a pick after 2013.
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA World Champions!!!
Deus
Veteran
And1: 149

Post#22 » by Deus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Howard is staying in LA.
ASIMO
Veteran
And1: 3

Post#23 » by ASIMO » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Apparently D'Antoni cant handle Howard and im not surprised if LAL want to trade him before the deadline. But there would be tons of better offers. For example...

1. D12 for Boozer & Noah

2. D12 for Bosh

3. D12 + someone for Lopez + Hump

...etc.

I bet Mavs have no chance right now.

I just hope Mavs get one of top3 pick, keep Dirk and make huge cap space for the next off season. Then, Mavs could get a chance for D12 and CP3.
Jinra
Starter
And1: 121

Post#24 » by Jinra » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 pm

^^^^^
Does anybody know what CP3 is thinking regarding his free agency? Is he becoming a FA to get a max deal, or is he exploring leaving. Just curious why he is becoming a FA at all?
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA World Champions!!!
Soupman
Assistant Coach
And1: 759

Post#25 » by Soupman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 am

Screw howard until the offseason.

Get Pau in Dallas. His trade value is low right now.
Convert municipal and agricultural waste to refined natural gas. Sell the refined natural gas to gas companies. Use the money to provide a monthly basic income to people that earn less than $28,000 a year.
gino_giode
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#26 » by gino_giode » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Deus wrote:Howard is staying in LA.

With Kobe and D'Antoni there, it's no guarantee

Return to Dallas Mavericks