Mavericks News Thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Raptorel
Starter
And1: 50

Mavericks News Thread 

Post#1 » by Raptorel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Since we don't have any thread...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9wPl?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=dallas-mavericks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birth of the Cool wrote:Kaman in person is even more disturbing to watch. I felt my seat inching ever so slowing towards his black hole gravitational pull. Luckily RC finally pulled him before my row was devoured by Galactus/Kaman.
mffl_14
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Re: The random Dallas Mavericks news thread 

Post#2 » by mffl_14 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:46 am

If you look at Chris Kaman's career he is a career loser. There has been maybe one team that had a winning record or went to the playoffs that he has been a part of. I'm not saying what he is saying is necessarily wrong but he kind of has this tone as if he is this proven winner that came to a team he expected to carry on his "winning" legacy. Not to mention he says something about not expecting 8 new guys on the team. What did he expect? Did he not get the memo that the Mavs blew up the championship team?
Soupman
Assistant Coach
And1: 759

Post#3 » by Soupman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Get pau.

We get Pau and its all over.
Convert municipal and agricultural waste to refined natural gas. Sell the refined natural gas to gas companies. Use the money to provide a monthly basic income to people that earn less than $28,000 a year.
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran
And1: 196

Post#4 » by HotrodBeaubois » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:05 am

Soupman wrote:Get pau.

We get Pau and its all over.

Pau would destroy this team by . A team with Dirk/Pau taking up $43 million next year would mean it would be hard to put a team around them . Basically a little over $10 million to get a Starting PG / Starting SG / Starting SF ....IMPOSIBLE...If you get a player like Howard or Paul for $19 Million you do it but at $19 Million does not help the Mavs !!
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#5 » by 2011Champs » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 pm

mffl_14 wrote:If you look at Chris Kaman's career he is a career loser. There has been maybe one team that had a winning record or went to the playoffs that he has been a part of. I'm not saying what he is saying is necessarily wrong but he kind of has this tone as if he is this proven winner that came to a team he expected to carry on his "winning" legacy. Not to mention he says something about not expecting 8 new guys on the team. What did he expect? Did he not get the memo that the Mavs blew up the championship team?

Many of the people on this board always wanted Kaman on this team. I was almost always against the idea and considered Kaman a chucker at the center position. Hopefully Kaman's friendly expiring contract makes him easily expendable for a more useful piece of the puzzle.
Raptorel
Starter

Post#6 » by Raptorel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:54 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwee_rXrtgI[/youtube]
Birth of the Cool wrote:Kaman in person is even more disturbing to watch. I felt my seat inching ever so slowing towards his black hole gravitational pull. Luckily RC finally pulled him before my row was devoured by Galactus/Kaman.
2011Champs
General Manager

Post#7 » by 2011Champs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Texas Legends are looking at adding Allen Iverson. I guess they are trying to sell tickets?
msc43
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by msc43 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm

2011Champs wrote:Texas Legends are looking at adding Allen Iverson. I guess they are trying to sell tickets?

Iverson just turned down the Legends on Twitter.
Raptorel
Starter

Post#9 » by Raptorel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm

2011Champs
General Manager

Post#10 » by 2011Champs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Raptorel wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225859/Raptors_Grizzlies_Searching_For_Third_Team_To_Take_Calderon

Id offer up Chris Kaman and DoJo for Calderon in a heartbeat.
Raptorel
Starter

Post#11 » by Raptorel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_yWA_ii0tc[/youtube]
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,813

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 am

2011Champs wrote:
Raptorel wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225859/Raptors_Grizzlies_Searching_For_Third_Team_To_Take_Calderon

Id offer up Chris Kaman and DoJo for Calderon in a heartbeat.

we all would but no reason to think the Grizz would prefer Kaman and DoJo over Calderon.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Raptorel
Starter

Post#13 » by Raptorel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 am

EntropyPR
Banned User
And1: 2,381

Post#14 » by EntropyPR » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:48 am

Well thanks NBA for letting us know when there was **** that could be done.
Raptorel
Starter

Post#15 » by Raptorel » Sun Feb 3, 2013 4:15 pm

Deus
Veteran
And1: 149

Post#16 » by Deus » Mon Feb 4, 2013 10:18 pm

I heard something on the radio last week about Vince being a requirement for another team to accept a trade and the Mavs turned them down.

Donnie doesn't think Calderon is worth that much.
Raptorel
Starter

Post#17 » by Raptorel » Mon Feb 4, 2013 11:46 pm

Earl K. Sneed ‏@EKS_MavsNBA
Vince Carter (sickness) it OUT vs. OKC.
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,449

Post#18 » by Birth of the Cool » Tue Feb 5, 2013 12:09 am

Raptorel wrote:Earl K. Sneed ‏@EKS_MavsNBA
Vince Carter (sickness) it OUT vs. OKC.

that's too bad, he seems to play well vs the Thunder.

I hope this is an opportunity for Jae rather than Dahntay, but my guess is Dahntay starts. Hopefully Jae gets the most burn though - Dahntay the opposing team plays 5vs4 on offense - he used to have a good corner 3pt shot but I dunno this year what's going on.

With Dirk back, does Marion go SF with Sarge/Wright still playing the 5.

I guess a game thread coming up soon?...lol
alexandros89
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#19 » by alexandros89 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:35 pm

Andre Miller is playing in his 13th season in the NBA and the veteran point guard wants to play 15. Miller is currently the backup to starter Ty Lawson and he doesn't sound too thrilled with his role on the Nuggets.

“I want more minutes,” Miller told the Colorado Springs Gazette. “If we were losing I would really be complaining. But it’s going as it goes. ... I don't know how much longer they want me here. I definitely would like to contribute more. I’m not just going to sit back and settle in and be a backup and let my career just fade away. I’m competitive in that way.”

Miller re-signed with the Nuggets in September and his contract runs through 2014-15. He's set to make $5 million in 2013-14 and the last season has $2 million of salary protection of the $4.65 million cap number.

Miller could ask for a trade, however most teams view him as a backup. As a result Miller will likely finish up his final two years as a player with the Nuggets.

Get him to Dallas. Would be great to have him as a starter and DC backing him up.
Raptorel
Starter

Post#20 » by Raptorel » Fri Feb 8, 2013 5:03 pm

Yes it would be ^^^

Return to Dallas Mavericks