ImageImageImage

Mavs Trade Thread, Around the NBA Discussion

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,894

Re: Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#341 » by Lord Cuban » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:48 am

Now that we acquired Rajon Rondo I've been watching some possibilities for possible trades that would help us even assuming that we will sign with Jermaine O'Neal...

Trade 1

Pistons give: Joel Anthony
Mavericks give: Rick Ledo

Trade 2

Pacers give: Ian Mahinmi or Lavoy Allen
Mavericks give: Raymond Felton

Trade 3

[color=#0080FF]Nuggets give: J.J. Hickson

Mavericks give: Raymond Felton + Rick Ledo + Cash considerations

The Dream scenario would be KG be waived to give him a last chance to win
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#342 » by BleedGreen1989 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:40 pm

The Sparest wrote:
Aderito wrote:Some trades that are possible:

Trade 2

Celtics Give: Rajon Rondo (With real assurance that he will re-sign with the franchise) + Dwight Powell + James Young and Victor Faverani

Mavericks give: Brandon Wright + Raymound Felton + Jammer Nelson + Richard Jefferson + Rick Ledo + 2015 first round draft pick and 2016 second round draft pick from Memphis

You were actually not far off with that one. Props.

Yeah, thats pretty cool.

Not much of a chance Ainge was going to include James Young anyways but you just about nailed it.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#343 » by NetsWorld » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:23 am

I must say that the Mavs window to contend has just widened a lot more and am definitely happy to see you guys back in contention. That year you guys won was an excellent victory and Cuban has showed he is committed to winning. Congrats on forming a contender once more and wish you guys the best in this season's marathon.
kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#344 » by kbrow20 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Could we do a
Felton + Ledo for AK47
Aminu for Turiaf?

that would give to big guys down low.
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#345 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:43 am

kbrow20 wrote:Could we do a
Felton + Ledo for AK47
Aminu for Turiaf?

that would give to big guys down low.

I'm up for any trades that gets Felton off this team. Carlisle clearly does not like Felton or Felton's game. I'd like to hold on to Ledo because I think he could be a good player but if trading him could upgrade the overall talent in all for it. Not sure how much AK47 has left in the tank but he would contribute more than Felton or Ledo has.

As for Aminu I would love to have him signed long term but the fact that he's free after this year and the fact that he's a pretty good young player I don't think the Mavs will be able to resign him. So because of that I would be open to trade him and get some value. Not sure if Turiaf fits that mold though.
Mr B
RealGM

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#346 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:00 am

What do you guys think Brook Lopez would cost? I know he signed a huge deal a few years ago but have no ideal how much he's making.
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#347 » by The Sparest » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:15 am

Mr B wrote:What do you guys think Brook Lopez would cost? I know he signed a huge deal a few years ago but have no ideal how much he's making.

He makes just under 16 mil, so it would take one of our starting 5 to make the salaries work.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#348 » by bran muffin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:27 am

Mr B wrote:What do you guys think Brook Lopez would cost? I know he signed a huge deal a few years ago but have no ideal how much he's making.

We already have one tall white stiff who averages only 6 rpg, can't play defense, and is under a minutes restriction.

We don't need two.
Mr B
RealGM

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#349 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:33 pm

bran muffin wrote:

We already have one tall white stiff who averages only 6 rpg, can't play defense, and is under a minutes restriction.

We don't need two.

I'm just trying to think of bugs the Mavs could acquire to bring in as Tyson's backup. Lopez would cost too much. Jordan Hill is a guy if love to have (and is affordable) but don't know if we would have enough to get him.
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#350 » by kbrow20 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:43 am

What about robin lopez
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#351 » by The Sparest » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:51 am

kbrow20 wrote:What about robin lopez

I would like it, but I doubt Por trades with a competitor.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#352 » by kbrow20 » Thu Jan 1, 2015 2:43 am

The only big I think we could land is Zaza P. Felton has no value and we would have to package Ledo with him just to get a big in return unless its Anthony which he is terrible.
Really LOL
CoachJimCarrey
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#353 » by CoachJimCarrey » Fri Jan 2, 2015 11:38 pm

Wizards placed D. Blair on the inactive list, as they had a player come back from injury, and Blair is waaaaaaay down there on the depth chart. I think we could nab him for almost nothing... worth it?
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,262

Post#354 » by Imon » Sat Jan 3, 2015 4:43 am

Ugh.

Mavs need another big body and the news of J.O'Neal being hesitant on picking a teams and now this news.

Veteran center Emeka Okafor, who is being tracked by numerous teams in search of frontcourt help, is giving strong consideration to delaying his comeback from a neck injury until next season, according to league sources.

Mavs just might have to settle for a 7-foot stiff who has just enough coordination to run and chew gum.

Part of these guys hesitance I think is probably due to the fact that no one is offering them much and the teams that are interested in them can only offer them the minimum or close to it.
Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,894

Post#355 » by Lord Cuban » Sat Jan 3, 2015 12:25 pm

We should sign Seth Curry after we get a big and a I prefer him than felton... That kid can shoot.

His stats (in 16 games)are:
27.62 PTS, 53.0 FG%, 53.1 3PT%, 4.25-8.0 3PTM-A, 92.7 FT%, 4.19 AST, 4.31 REB, 1.44 STL

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWuIXEmv2ec[/youtube]
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
Mr B
RealGM

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#356 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 3, 2015 8:57 pm

The Sparest wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:What about robin lopez

I would like it, but I doubt Por trades with a competitor.

Yea I seriously doubt Portland would trade with Dallas. Samuel Dalembert is another option. Andre Drummond or Greg Monroe would be ideal but also likely too expensive for the Mavs to get. Kevin Garnett do anything for you guys?
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,262

Post#357 » by Imon » Mon Jan 5, 2015 1:59 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/551795057829761024[/tweet]

There's some talk about Dalembert possibly getting waived if the Knicks can't find a trade for him.
If he clears waivers and is a free agent what do you guys think of signing him for a minimum?

I'm sure there aren't any Knicks fans remaining who will try to argue that Dalembert isn't too much of a step down from Tyson. :lol:
I think we Mavs fans knew this all along - but as a backup playing 15-20 minutes he wouldn't be that bad would he?

*Edit*
Hmm.... on second thought.
Seems the CBA is a bit iffy about re-acquiring players you just traded away. Not sure if the Mavs can sign Dalembert this season but if he were to be a free agent after clearing waivers I don't see why the Mavs couldn't sign him.
Of course there are teams out there who might be interested as well. The Cavs might even pick him up before he clears waivers (48 hours). They don't have a legit center with Varejao out and claiming Dalembert before he clears waivers wouldn't be that big of a deal since Dalembert's contract expires this season and it isn't much.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#358 » by catalyst » Mon Jan 5, 2015 2:34 pm

Mavs made trade in 2014 season, prior to the draft. I believe they could still trade for him.
titantron91
Junior
And1: 32

Post#359 » by titantron91 » Wed Jan 7, 2015 3:52 am

If we can trade for Dally, we can give away Powell and Felton. Felton is fat and Carlisle won't play a rookie anyway. Powell can develop somewhere. Sign Cisco Garcia with that too.

I'm not really sure if J.O. would sign with D-Town.

Chandler/Dalembert/Smith
Nowitzki/Villanueva
Parsons/Jefferson/Aminu
Ellis/Garcia/Ledo
Rondo/Harris/Barea
Mr B
RealGM

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#360 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 9, 2015 5:19 am

Imon wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/551795057829761024[/tweet]

There's some talk about Dalembert possibly getting waived if the Knicks can't find a trade for him.
If he clears waivers and is a free agent what do you guys think of signing him for a minimum?

I'm sure there aren't any Knicks fans remaining who will try to argue that Dalembert isn't too much of a step down from Tyson. :lol:
I think we Mavs fans knew this all along - but as a backup playing 15-20 minutes he wouldn't be that bad would he?

*Edit*
Hmm.... on second thought.
Seems the CBA is a bit iffy about re-acquiring players you just traded away. Not sure if the Mavs can sign Dalembert this season but if he were to be a free agent after clearing waivers I don't see why the Mavs couldn't sign him.
Of course there are teams out there who might be interested as well. The Cavs might even pick him up before he clears waivers (48 hours). They don't have a legit center with Varejao out and claiming Dalembert before he clears waivers wouldn't be that big of a deal since Dalembert's contract expires this season and it isn't much.

Yea I heard on the radio that the Mavs would have to wait 1 full calendar year before they could reacquire Dalembert from the Knicks. They were saying that he would have to join another team (through trade or free agency) and then get cut. That would be the only way the Mavs could sign him this year.

Return to Dallas Mavericks