ImageImageImage

Mavs Trade Thread, Around the NBA Discussion

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#381 » by 2011Champs » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:57 pm

desi tmac91 wrote:Hey, just passing this along. Clutchfans has an incredibly reliable insider in Cyberx and he posted earlier that Kevin Martin was likely to come to Houston. However, followed it up with this:

Originally Posted by cyberx View Post
Just got another call - DO NOT KILL THE MESSENGER!

Kmart doesnt want to come here #1.

#2 Cuban is trying HARD to get K-mart

My post was premature
im not sure what Dallas gives up to get Kmart. Cuban must be desperate to get a 6th man scorer in the mold of Jason Terry. Cuban always likes to mess with Houston's plans though when he can also.
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#382 » by Pointguard01 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:24 am

2011Champs wrote:
desi tmac91 wrote:Hey, just passing this along. Clutchfans has an incredibly reliable insider in Cyberx and he posted earlier that Kevin Martin was likely to come to Houston. However, followed it up with this:

Originally Posted by cyberx View Post
Just got another call - DO NOT KILL THE MESSENGER!

Kmart doesnt want to come here #1.

#2 Cuban is trying HARD to get K-mart

My post was premature
im not sure what Dallas gives up to get Kmart. Cuban must be desperate to get a 6th man scorer in the mold of Jason Terry. Cuban always likes to mess with Houston's plans though when he can also.

I don't really see the fit at all for KMart. I'd pass.
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#383 » by The Sparest » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:38 am

Pointguard01 wrote:
2011Champs wrote:

I don't really see the fit at all for KMart. I'd pass.

It wouldn't be my ideal trade either, but I can see a use for his scoring off the bench. Our best shooter off the bench right now is probably Charlie V. :-?
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,955

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#384 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 pm

I heard on the radio that the Mavs had a deal all but done for Thadius Young until the KG deal materialized.
Basketballmania
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

AW: Re: Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#385 » by Basketballmania » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Mr B wrote:I heard on the radio that the Mavs had a deal all but done for Thadius Young until the KG deal materialized.

For whom?
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 921

Re: AW: Re: Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#386 » by Captain_Obvious » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:37 am

Basketballmania wrote:
Mr B wrote:I heard on the radio that the Mavs had a deal all but done for Thadius Young until the KG deal materialized.

For whom?

For the amount of money Young alone makes, no way anything around Felton gets it done. Sounds a lot like Parsons for Young and Martin.

Damnit. Would have been great.

Mr B
RealGM

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#387 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Basketballmania wrote:

For whom?

They didn't say who all was involved.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#388 » by sportscrazy » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:06 am

What would it take for New York to get Devin Harris this off-season?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Mr B
RealGM

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#389 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 5, 2015 4:35 am

sportscrazy wrote:What would it take for New York to get Devin Harris this off-season?

I think anyone on the Mavs roster short of Dirk and Tyson could be had for the right price. It's hard to say though. I honestly don't see anyone on the Knicks roster (the caliber or Harris) that the Mavs would want. A third team would likely have to be involved if a trade for Harris were to happen.
Helgrinder x F
Ballboy
And1: 6

Re: Re: Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#390 » by Helgrinder x F » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:28 am

Mr B wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:What would it take for New York to get Devin Harris this off-season?

I think anyone on the Mavs roster short of Dirk and Tyson could be had for the right price. It's hard to say though. I honestly don't see anyone on the Knicks roster (the caliber or Harris) that the Mavs would want. A third team would likely have to be involved if a trade for Harris were to happen.

I would add parsons and monta to that list
Mr B
RealGM

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#391 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:33 am

Helgrinder x F wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I would add parsons and monta to that list

The last few games of the season and 1st round will decide that. If they are really able to find their chemistry with each other (Dirk, Rondo, Parsons, Monte) none of them will be traded (sign and trade for Rondo, or Monte) and all will be brought back. If they crash and burn everyone including Parsons and Monte could be had in my opinion.
titantron91
Junior
And1: 32

Post#392 » by titantron91 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:47 am

TRADE 1
Out: Chandler Parsons, Charlie Villanueva, Dwight Powell, Richard Jefferson
In: Tobias Harris, Evan Fournier, Ben Gordon, Dewayne Dedmon, Channing Frye

TRADE 2
Out: Monta Ellis, Greg Smith, JJ Barea
In: Jeff Taylor, Lance Stephenson

Waive Ben Gordon and Channing Frye

PG: Rajon Rondo, Devin Harris, Raymond Felton
SG: Lance Stephenson, Evan Fournier
SF: Tobias Harris, Al-Farouq Aminu, Jeff Taylor
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Amare Stoudemire
C: Tyson Chandler, Dewayne Dedmon, Bernard James
kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#393 » by kbrow20 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:43 am

titantron91 wrote:TRADE 1

TRADE 2

I don't think either of those trades is what we need for team. Trading the best player in the trade with Parsons is not good. I think Harris is good but he will never be as good as Parsons and he I a backup player not a starter. Stephenson is good but I think we can fine a better trade for us then him.

Ellis + filler for Bradley + Sign and trade Bass

I still like something like Felton + Dwight Powell for Josh McRoberts.

Sign Hansbrough + Dunleavy

C Chandler / McRoberts / 1st pick
PF Dirk / Bass / Hansbrough
SF Parsons / RJ / Aminu
SG Bradley / Dunleavy / Harris
PG Rondo / Harris / Barea

Bradley is better at defense and shooting then Stephenson and Bass brings us a good backup PF that know hows to win. Hansbrough bring a bruiser, Dunleavy brings a offensive minded SG when we need on off of Bradley. Mcroberts is a player I think we could acquire that works very hard on offense, rebounding, and defense for Felton.
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#394 » by Darren » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:58 am

Maybe we let Rondo walk and trade Ellis and Harris to Miami for Wade. And then sign Beverely to a deal that Houston won't match. Then sign a quality backup big at MLE; and retain everybody else with vet min.

C - Tyson Chandler / Brandan Wright or Amare Stoudamire / Undrafted rookie or Bernard James
PF - Dirk Nowitzki / Charlie Vaneuvilla / Dwight Powell
SF - Chandler Parsons / Al farouq Aminu / Eric Griffin
SG - Dwayne Wade / 21st pick (3D combo guard who are able to guard multiple positions) / Undrafted rookie
PG - Patrick Beverely / Jose Juan Barea / Raymond Felton

The number may work if TC takes reasonable deal. At 21st, I select Justin Anderson.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/justin-anderson

Strengths: Smart player with a good basketball IQ ... Physical specimen (6-foot-6, 225-pound frame) ... NBA-ready body and good size ... Possesses elite athleticism and has good length (6’11 wingspan) ... Outstanding leaper ... Skilled and explosive wing player ... Does a little bit of everything ... Is tireless, a hard worker and has a high motor ... Versatile and well-rounded player (could play either SG or SF at the next level) ... Strong and powerful ... A slasher ... Capable of scoring the ball from the 3-point line, mid-range, and in the paint ... Improved drastically from the 3-point line this past season (29 percent as a sophomore and 45 percent as a junior) ... Scored very well in a low scoring offense ... Good catch and shooter ... Can space the floor ... Improving mid-range jumper ... Has good mechanics and elevation on his jumper ... Smooth and fluid release ... Generates most of his offensive opportunities within the flow of offense ... Has shown the ability to muscle his way to the rim and finish strong ... Absorbs body contact from defenders in the paint ... Can play above the rim ... More of a straight line drive and finisher ... Has a quick first step that allows him to effectively attack closeouts ... Can knock down clutch shots ... Strong with the ball in transition and can finish ... Runs well on fast breaks ... Unselfish teammate who is willing to pass ... Above average passer ... Best at passing when he finds teammates in transition by drawing defenders into the paint and passing the ball to open players at the basket ... He can pass the ball effectively around the perimeter, dish to teammates of the dribble, and make post-entry passes ... Stout defensive player who gives great effort ... Versatile defender ... Can guard multiple positions ... Has the strength to defend bigger players in the post ... Has the foot speed and quickness to defend quicker players on the perimeter ... Great lateral quickness ... Impressive shot blocker for his size (really good at chasing down blocks on the break) ... Upper body strength allows him to run through screens ... He can secure rebounds in traffic ... Can play the passing lanes effectively with his length ... Frequently rises above the rim for putback dunks ... Does not shy away from contact ... Can body up big men inside and outside the paint ...

Weaknesses: Jack of all trades, master of none. He’s good at many aspects of the game, but doesn’t excel in one particular area ... Ball-handling abilities can improve ... Lack of ball-handling skills limits his ability to create for himself on offense ... Does not engage his defender with advanced moves or fakes ... Relies on his teammates to get him open looks more than he should ... Has shown his ability to be a playmaker for his teammates, but needs to show that he can do it more often (averaged 1.8 assists per game during collegiate career) ... Needs to continue to work on developing consistency in his jumper. Somewhat unproven ... Lacks a soft touch around the rim ... Needs to work on dribble penetration and finishing at the rim with his right hand more ... Needs to develop a more consistent pull-up game ... Despite his athleticism and length, he hasn’t put up the kind of rebounding numbers one would expect ... Does not get to the free throw line as much ... Sometimes forces up contested or bad shots around the basket ... Would rather use his athleticism to go up for boards than getting in position and boxing out ... Can sometimes get caught sleeping on defense, resulting in him being out of position...

Notes: Measured 6'6 (in shoes) 222 lbs, with a 6'11 wingspan at the 2011 LeBron James Skills Academy ... For much of this past season, Anderson had been considered an All-American candidate ... Unfortunately for the junior guard, he suffered a broken pinky finger on his left (shooting) hand in Virginia's Feb. 7 victory over Louisville ... He was forced to miss the next eight games as he recovered from the injury and an emergency appendectomy before returning for the postseason (though he never regained his early season form) ... Anderson averaged 12.2 points per game and was leading the Cavaliers in scoring prior to the injury ... In addition, he was also leading the ACC in 3-point field goal percentage at 48.4 percent ... For the season, he finished 47-for-104 from long distance for 45.2 percent, which is great improvement from his 29.4 shooting percent from beyond the arc in his sophomore year ... Anderson is tough, physical, and versatile forward on both ends of the floor ... His size, strength, athleticism and quickness have never been in question, and make him an intriguing prospect coming out of the ACC ... Moving forward, he'll need to show that his increase in shooting efficiency wasn't a fluke ... He finished the 2014-2015 season as a second-team All-ACC selection ... He was the 2013-2014 ACC Sixth Man of the Year ... Anderson confirmed his decision to enter this year's NBA draft on April 13th ...

At 52, I'd draft a pure shotblocker. For example, an undersized great rebounder and defender, Cliff Alexander.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/cliff-alexander

Strengths: A real physical presence on the court, Alexander’s biggest strengths are his energy on the court and ability to effect the game without the ball in his hands ... Possessing a 7’2’’ wingspan and weighing in at a chiseled 250 pounds, Cliff’s length and bulk are key in making up for his height, which at 6’9’’ in shoes, is a tad undersized for a bruiser style NBA power forward ... He has a real nose for the ball, and is good about putting himself in position for rebounds and loose balls around the hoop ... Through his first 6 college games, Alexander is averaging 12.97 rebounds per 40 minutes, and 5.4 offensive rebounds per 40 minutes ... He’s been incredibly productive in whatever role he’s been given and provided momentum shifts with his finishing ability and good weak side shot blocking instincts ... Averaging 3.24 blocks per 40 minutes, Cliff has really good timing coming over from the help side, and his length and nose for the ball gives him more potential as a rim protector than many players his size ... On the offensive end, Cliff is a work in progress, but early on in the season he’s showcased good hands, and the ability to finish shots he’s supposed to make, often emphatically ... Not an explosive athlete, but still pretty solid, his strength allows him to finish through contact, and his motor has rendered him very effective in following his own shot ... Early on, his free throw percentage is also a little higher than expected based on how far his jumper is at this point ...

Weaknesses: Cliff’s biggest weakness is his lack of an offensive repertoire ... His jump shot is many reps away from being what I would consider game ready, and despite having good footwork on his drop step, his more advanced footwork in the post is still coming along at this phase of his development ... Alexander has also struggled to shoot over length, and when going straight into his defender, he’s often gotten his shot blocked ... He was late to the game having started his basketball career while in high school, so there are missing, small, feel for the game instincts that show at times ... Mostly a garbage man, and lob finisher on offense, he can often be predictable when trying to create for himself in 1 on 1 post up opportunities ... Cliff is also a guy who with more continued training could become more athletic ... As a college freshman, he’s strong, mobile, and good end to end, but his lateral quickness and pure leaping ability could use some continued focus ...

Overall: Cliff’s nose for the ball, and physicality on both ends of the court will most certainly help him carve out a role at the next level. Being just of adequate or average size for an NBA power forward, and not possessing a very advanced offensive game limits his potential, but Cliff projects to be a good rebounder, weak side shot blocker, and energy man when looking at his next level projection ... Having one or two sure fire areas he can excel at in the NBA again is a big plus ... Continued work on his offensive game, especially his creativity in the post and face up game will help his cause, and as he matures he has the frame to be a really, really physically strong player ...

Notes: Measured 6’9’’ tall in shoes, a 7’2’’ wingspan, weighed in at 254 pounds, at the 2014 Nike Skills Academy.

David Ray 12/4/14

Alexander is a physical specimen in the lane. He catches and finishes anything near the rim and knows how to use his body to create space inside. He block shots in and out of his area and is great in screen and roll situations as a finisher. He plays hard and is relentless on both glasses. He is showing some signs of a solid back to the basket game , but like most young post players, he has a ways to go. Developing a face up game along with a post game will enhance his great natural ability.

Ian Powers 6/30/12

Notes: Measured 6'8 (in shoes) 240 lbs, with a 7'2 wingspan at the 2012 Amare Stoudemire Skills Academy ... Measured 6'8.5 (in shoes) 239 lbs, with a 7'3 wingspan at the 2013 LeBron James Skills Academy ... Measured 6'8 (in shoes) 251 lbs, with a 7'3.5 wingspan and 9'0 standing reach at the 2014 Nike Hoop Summit ... Measured 6'9 (in shoes) 254 lbs, with a 7'2 wingspan at the 2014 Nike Big Man Skills Academy

Assign Dirk, Parsons and Wade some point-forward duty. Work out mid-range jumpers with Beverely. Train up Justin Andersons' handling and passing. Model him after VC. We've a good team with adequate defenders at every position. Trade Felton by February deadline to strengthen our depth.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#395 » by Darren » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:47 pm

Trade Chandler Parsons, Devin Harris, Raymond Felton and #52 to Brooklyn for Joe Johnson, #29, #45.
Trade #29 to Philly for #33 and #35.
Draft #21 Justin Anderson, #33 Cliff Alexander, #35 Terran Petteway, #45 George de Paula
Re-sign Tyson Chandler (10M)
Sign Jimmer Butler (16M)
Re-sign Charlie Vaneuvilla (1M), Jose Juan Barea (1M)
Split the MLE with Amare Stoudamire (4M) and Al farouq Aminu (1.5M)
Sign Eric Griffin and Seth Curry

C - Tyson Chandler (10M) / Amare Stoudamire (4M) / Cliff Alexander (0.8M)
PF - Dirk Nowitzki (9M) / Charlie Vaneuvilla (1M) / Dwight Powell (0.8M)
SF - Jimmy Butler (16M) / Al farouq Aminu (1.5M) / Eric Griffin (0.9M)
SG - Justin Anderson (1.2M) / Terran Petteway (0.8M) / George de Paula (0.8M)
PG - Joe Johnson (25M) / Jose Juan Barea (1M) / Seth Curry (0.9M)

I plan to get creative to find the best possible fit next to Dirk. Obviously, Jimmy Butler is the next building block I longed for. He's among the best defender at 2/3. He's extremely tough and can defend mulitiple positions. JJ is a proven playoff tested veteran who is equipped with a solid 3 point percentage, defense and passing instincts. He can compensate our lack of defense and rebound by putting 3 solid defenders and rebounders at 1-3. Although JJ cannot defend the likes of PG, Justin Anderson can make up of his shortcoming. If it doesn't work, I will start either Aminu or Barea.

To introduce the draftee, Cliff Alexander is our new Blair with solid shotblocking. He's outstanding rebounder and solid defender. Altough he's undersized as a center, he can make up for his shortcoming. Justin Anderson is an excellent 3 & D guys. He needs to work on ball-handling and passing, though. Terran Petteway is a fierce competitor and excellent 3 and D guy who ain't afraid to take big shots. Both Eric Griffin and Seth Curry make their name in NBDL last season. Griffin is among the elite in terms of versatility and defensive instincts. Meanwhile, Seth Curry is a solid combo guard. George de Paula is a project. I am not surprised we keep him overseas. But I opt to bring him around. At 6-6, he's a natural floor manager. He's an excellent defender and rebounder. He can defend 1-3. He's way too turnover-prone at this point. But he's only 19 yo. I would wait and see what he can do.

We can defend any team, including the GSW. Imagine how hard the lives of Curry is - he will get post up every possessions. We can have 5 threats on the floor with solid defense and rebounding. These moves clear locker room concerns. And get RC the right personnel to execute his game plans. Those rookies are hardworkers. They are high energy guys who don't want to lose. I expect Cliff Alexander and Terran Petteway hit the rotation very soon.
Deus
Veteran
And1: 149

Post#396 » by Deus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Don't really see Dwayne Wade coming to Dallas Darren. Not until Dirk leaves at least. But I do like Patrick Beverly.

I'd rather the Mavs find a hard nosed rebounder this summer. Someone to play the 3/4 spot. Nick Collison would be nice.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#397 » by 2Mas » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:38 pm

titantron91 wrote:TRADE 1

TRADE 2

We'd have 3 ppl who can't shoot a lick from the outside. Teams would kill Dallas just by 2-3'ing them.

Lance & Rondo are legit prob the worst 1-2 combo for each other. I can't think of a worse pairing no joke.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#398 » by 2Mas » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Darren wrote:I plan to get creative to find the best possible fit next to Dirk.

1 - This is the issue. You can't build around Dirk anymore. Dirk is 37. He's the piece you put next to the ppl you build around.

2 - Joe Johnson at point guard is a terrible terrible idea. He can't guard shooting guards anymore. He's a SF & a small ball PF now a days. He's what 33? & at 6'8, 24lbs, it would be crazy to tell him try to guard the pg's.

3 - Jimmy Butler isn't going anywhere. He's gonna get maxed out by Chi for like 16m & in 2 years it's gonna be a great deal when the cap rises. 0% chance he leaves.

4 - D Wade isn't going anywhere. That's like saying Dirk is gonna leave. & next year a Dragic-Wade-Deng-Bosh-Whiteside core is gonna compete in the east.

5- Pat Bev is def an option.

6 - I too am a big fan of Justin Anderson.
bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#399 » by bobsquad » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Darren wrote:Trade Chandler Parsons, Devin Harris, Raymond Felton and #52 to Brooklyn for Joe Johnson, #29, #45.

Come on, this Parsons hate is getting way out of control. Joe Johnson is making more money over the next two years than Parsons, is 7 years older, and just had a worse season than Parsons in every facet of the game.
Mr B
RealGM

Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#400 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:59 pm

matt_m wrote:
Darren wrote:Trade Chandler Parsons, Devin Harris, Raymond Felton and #52 to Brooklyn for Joe Johnson, #29, #45.

Come on, this Parsons hate is getting way out of control. Joe Johnson is making more money over the next two years than Parsons, is 7 years older, and just had a worse season than Parsons in every facet of the game.

Are the people demanding that Parsons be traded even watching the games? When he's been healthy Parsons has actually played very well! During the second half of the season there have been times he's actually out played Monta.

Return to Dallas Mavericks