ImageImageImage

Mavs Trade Thread, Around the NBA Discussion

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Re: Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#241 » by bobsquad » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:47 pm

Crossing my fingers for a failed Chandler physical.
Koorverfor3
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#242 » by Koorverfor3 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:13 am

Kings/Sixers fan here.
What the hecks the deal with Brendan Wright..remember he got alot of hype coming out of UNC.
Saw his 24 per and his per 36 mins were impressive was wondering if he would be a fit next to Cousins

What's his game like. Skinny shotblocker who can't play post defense...any showing of a reasonable jumper?

Can he be had for lets say Derrick Williams, Ray McCallum
Williams gives you guys an athletic forward off the bench, With McCallum your basically getting back a cheaper Larkin, with a better outside shot and more height.
"I just told myself whoever was guarding me I was gonna destroy them" D'Angelo Russell said.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,810

Post#243 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Koorverfor3 wrote:Kings/Sixers fan here.
What the hecks the deal with Brendan Wright..remember he got alot of hype coming out of UNC.
Saw his 24 per and his per 36 mins were impressive was wondering if he would be a fit next to Cousins

What's his game like. Skinny shotblocker who can't play post defense...any showing of a reasonable jumper?

Can he be had for lets say Derrick Williams, Ray McCallum
Williams gives you guys an athletic forward off the bench, With McCallum your basically getting back a cheaper Larkin, with a better outside shot and more height.

He's really useful offensively. Great roll man on the PnR, slips the pick really well. Great hands for a big man, very soft touch. Limited range and no real go-to post moves. He's pretty dependent on having a guy create shots for him.

Defensively he's a decent help defender. Good length, great athleticism, decent shot-blocker. Not a good man defender--too weak in the post. Mind seems to wander at times.

I think Dallas would be open to moving him, but would probably want win-now pieces in return. Value is about right with DWill and McCallum, but Dallas would prefer those assets to go to a rebuilding 3rd team who could send either a veteran to Dallas or just absorb the contracts increasing Dallas' cap space.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#244 » by Teffer10 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:16 am

Wright is one of those guys who is fun to watch but doesn't seem to have a huge impact on the team as whole.
Plays above the rim and has great chemistry with Harris and VC but there's really no position suitable for him in the NBA imo.
Lacks size to play in the paint and doesn't have much more than 12 ft. ranger as a shooter. He is pretty crafty in the paint with his shot as he quickly gets above everyone and then has a nice release and touch but as an overall everyday player his ceiling is probably just a backup tweener.
I suspect we'll deal him to an Eastern team because his game isn't effective in the west with all of the strong PFs and Centers.
something47
Junior
And1: 30

Post#245 » by something47 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 2:42 pm

I saw this a little while ago, but I think we should actually think about this now that the draft is over and Kevin Love is still in MIN

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/20/5826658/report-rajon-rondo-and-jeff-green-could-be-traded-if-kevin-love-isnt-rumor-acquired

Given that they will likely need to start the rebuilding the process since Rondo is not resigning, maybe we do what we do best...trade for players

DAL: Rondo, Green

BOS: 2016 & 2018 1st Round Picks, Felton

WHY?

DAL - We get an Elite pass first PG who is a two way player and a triple double threat every game. We will have someone who we can build around and have Dirk pass the torch too. I would assume Cuban would have no problem resigning him. We would get Green who would be a solid 3rd or 4th options and can play both forward positions. He can spread the floor and is above average on defense. Finally, We would be able to get out of Felton's deal which would help soften the blow for Green's contract.

BOS - They would get two first round picks for a player that is going to leave in 2015 FA baring a massive over pay or huge trade for a superstar. They would also get to unload Jeff Green's contract giving them only Wallace's contract, basically an untradeable one, left on their team.

Lineup

Rondo (13M)/ Ellis/ Mekel (1M)
Ellis (8M)/ Carter (3M)/ Ledo (1M)
Green (9M)/ Crowder (1M)/ Carter
Dirk (7M)/ Hawes (MLE)/ Vet Min
Chandler (15M)/Hawes (MLE)/UFA
dancetoexpress
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#246 » by dancetoexpress » Tue Jul 1, 2014 6:41 pm

something47 wrote:I saw this a little while ago, but I think we should actually think about this now that the draft is over and Kevin Love is still in MIN

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/6/20/5826658/report-rajon-rondo-and-jeff-green-could-be-traded-if-kevin-love-isnt-rumor-acquired

Given that they will likely need to start the rebuilding the process since Rondo is not resigning, maybe we do what we do best...trade for players

WHY?

DAL - We get an Elite pass first PG who is a two way player and a triple double threat every game. We will have someone who we can build around and have Dirk pass the torch too. I would assume Cuban would have no problem resigning him. We would get Green who would be a solid 3rd or 4th options and can play both forward positions. He can spread the floor and is above average on defense. Finally, We would be able to get out of Felton's deal which would help soften the blow for Green's contract.

BOS - They would get two first round picks for a player that is going to leave in 2015 FA baring a massive over pay or huge trade for a superstar. They would also get to unload Jeff Green's contract giving them only Wallace's contract, basically an untradeable one, left on their team.

Lineup

Rondo (20M)/ Ellis/ Mekel (1M)
Ellis (8M)/ Carter/ Ledo (1M)

I don't understand why the Celtics would even consider this trade to begin with. They can certainly get more for Rondo than two first round picks and Felton. Sure, they have to unload Green's contract, but I don't think that drops the value of the trade down to what you're proposing. I feel that would be a good trade for the Mavs (speaking as a Mavs fan) but as a Celtics fan, this would be ridiculous to even hear, let alone consider. The C's have plenty of picks in the future already, I don't think they desperately need two more to give up Rondo for them. Unloading Green is an issue, but not as big of one as I think you're making it out to be.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#247 » by Heezzi » Wed Jul 2, 2014 11:40 pm

something47 wrote:I saw this a little while ago, but I think we should actually think about this now that the draft is over and Kevin Love is still in MIN

WHY?

Lineup

Rondo (20M)/ Ellis/ Mekel (1M)

I would rather Dallas trade with Houston to receive Lin instead.

Lin can resign and we can end up with something like this

Lin (8M)/ Ellis/ Harris (1M)
Deng (8M)/ Crowder (1M)/ Carter
Dirk (9M)/ Wright/ Vet Min
Chandler (15M)/Wright
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#248 » by Pointguard01 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 4:34 am

I think we're going to see something like.....

Dirk Nowitzki resigns for 3 years, 30-mill
Devin Harris resigns for 3 years, 14-mill
Vince Carter resigns for 2 years, 7-mill
Loul Deng signs for 4 years, 44-mill

We'd actually still have room to resign Marion and add a legit backup Center too [if my estimations are good] though I think Marion wants security and I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas passes because of how much cap space we could have next offseason to go after free agents. This team is much much better than last year, too.

Also, still would love to see us package Wright + Felton, but not sure that is a attractive enough offer to get back quality and I think we need at least a rotation player on a 1-year deal if we make that kind of move.

G- Harris / Felton / Mekel
G- Ellis / Carter / Ledo
F- Deng / Crowder / Fair
F- Nowitzki / Wright / ______
C- Chandler / _______ / _______
something47
Junior

Post#249 » by something47 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:29 am

You might be right given we don't have any assets...I would assume we would have to involve another team which would send Ellis to them and have them send a young player to BOS. However, given that they just trade drafted Smart, resigned Bradley to a big contract, I think that they are preparing to make Rondo available. I think other considerations are who else would give up two 1st's for a PG on a one year rental with no guarantee of resigning?

List of Teams who could Trade for Rondo:

DET - jennings not working out and if BOS wants Monroe (SnT)... will he resign? I feel like he wouldn't
IND - would love him but what assets do have they are willing to part with? Hibbert or Stephenson (SnT)?
MIL - PG need but too far away to make a trade for a player like Rondo
HOU - possible if they trade Parson for Rondo, but would likely be Half season rental unless SnT now
LAL - Can't see him and Kobe working well together, If Rondo committed longterm then yes, but not for a year rental
SAC - could use an upgrade over Thomas, but don't see them feeling compelled enough to make a similar offer as us

All the other teams I did not list have either a great PG, a young promising one, or are too far away as a team to sink those kinds of resources into a player on an expiring deal. The whole Idea of taking Green and giving them Felton is all extra. Really the deal centers around Rondo for two 1st round picks.

Honestly I think the mavs would be willing to trade just about anyone but Dirk and Chandler for Rondo, and take on any of their bad contracts except Wallace. But this is just my opinion.
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#250 » by The Sparest » Sat Jul 5, 2014 3:54 am

Given the crazy deals being handed out, I hope the Mavs are still beating the bushes for trades to solve our needs at PG and SF.

Goran Dragic in Phx and Wilson Chandler in Den are a couple of guys I wouldn't mind seeing on the Mavs next season.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#251 » by Heezzi » Sun Jul 6, 2014 3:39 am

I think we really need to get Lin back.

[YouTube]2Nf4n9PEBT4[/YouTube]
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#252 » by Darren » Sun Jul 6, 2014 11:51 am

Felton to Portland for Leonard & Claver, anyone?
bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#253 » by bobsquad » Sun Jul 6, 2014 6:13 pm

Darren wrote:Felton to Portland for Leonard & Claver, anyone?

No one hates Felton like Portland hates Felton
mait
Senior
And1: 1

Post#254 » by mait » Mon Jul 7, 2014 11:50 am

How about this?

Trade no 1:
Ellis, Jae Crowder and B. Wright to HOU for Terrence Jones and Jeremy Lin (if HOU goes for Bosh).

Trade no 2:
Jeremy Lin and Raymond Felton to NOH for Eric Gordon.

FAs:
Lance Stephenson (9.5M) (4th year palyer option)
Jan Vesely (2.5M) (3rd and 4th year with team options)
Ed Davis (3.5M) (3rd and 4th year with team options)

Re-sign:
Vince Carter
Devin Harris (done!)

Final line-up:
Tyson Chandler | Ed Davis, ????
Dirk | Jan Vesely, ??????
Terrence Jones | VC, ??????
Lance Stephenson | Ricky Ledo, ??????
Eric Gordon | Devin Harris, Mekel
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#255 » by Darren » Mon Jul 7, 2014 4:05 pm

Raymond Felton to LAC for Jared Dudley, anyone?

They need a backup PG and we need a backup SF, right? Their contract is nearly identical. I think it works for both team. I remember that Dudley is quite solid defender in Pheonix. I wonder why he drops out of rotation in Clippers.
mait
Senior
And1: 1

Post#256 » by mait » Mon Jul 7, 2014 4:13 pm

Darren wrote:Raymond Felton to LAC for Jared Dudley, anyone?

They need a backup PG and we need a backup SF, right? Their contract is nearly identical. I think it works for both team. I remember that Dudley is quite solid defender in Pheonix. I wonder why he drops out of rotation in Clippers.

LAC already signed Jordan Farmar (2yrs 4.2M).
Mavs2theFinals
Rookie
And1: 29

Post#257 » by Mavs2theFinals » Tue Jul 8, 2014 1:51 am

I read somewhere that the Hawks are looking to trade Teague, maybe Felton and a future 1st + 2nd gets it done?
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#258 » by Absinthe » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:16 am

Mavs2theFinals wrote:I read somewhere that the Hawks are looking to trade Teague, maybe Felton and a future 1st + 2nd gets it done?

I doubt that rumor is true. He's their best player and did great in the playoffs this past season.
something47
Junior

Post#259 » by something47 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:53 am

Would we be able to flip a combo of Felton/Mekel/2nd or Wright/Mekel in a SnT with IND for Evan Turner. I think he would be a great 6th man for us and would fit right in with the team culture. He could Play backup SG/SF and would definitely lessen the load for Monte. I know that IND desperately needs a PG but doesn't really have money to get one so I figure this might something they would be interested in.

Harris/Ellis/???
Ellis/Turner/Ledo
Parsons/Crowder/Turner
Dirk/Blair/???
Chandler/???/Blair

I think the we can find Vet min at PG and C and young players for PF.
Sagittaron
Senior
And1: 150

Post#260 » by Sagittaron » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:22 pm

The Bucks is an interesting trade partner because they have veterans signed that they have no use for

We should take a look at guys like

Zaza Pachulia - 2 years / 5,2 million per, very decent backup Center
Carlos Delfino - 2 years / 3,25 million per, was very good off the bench with the Rockets the season before last and can really shoot it and spread the floor

Wright for Zaza or even Wright + Felton + some incentive for Zaza + Delfino should be acceptable by Milwaukee

Return to Dallas Mavericks