ImageImageImage

Mavs Trade Thread, Around the NBA Discussion

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Re: Mavericks Trade Thread 

Post#261 » by bobsquad » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Sagittaron wrote:The Bucks is an interesting trade partner because they have veterans signed that they have no use for

We should take a look at guys like

Zaza Pachulia - 2 years / 5,2 million per, very decent backup Center
Carlos Delfino - 2 years / 3,25 million per, was very good off the bench with the Rockets the season before last and can really shoot it and spread the floor

Wright for Zaza or even Wright + Felton + some incentive for Zaza + Delfino should be acceptable by Milwaukee

Not interested in Pachulia. I know they were shopping Ilyasova too, he's be a good option if we miss out on Parsons.
Melvinlocker
Bench Warmer
And1: 650

Post#262 » by Melvinlocker » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:49 pm

When do the rockets have to decide on retaining Parsons?
kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#263 » by kbrow20 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:20 am

matt_m wrote:
Sagittaron wrote:The Bucks is an interesting trade partner because they have veterans signed that they have no use for

We should take a look at guys like

Zaza Pachulia - 2 years / 5,2 million per, very decent backup Center
Carlos Delfino - 2 years / 3,25 million per, was very good off the bench with the Rockets the season before last and can really shoot it and spread the floor

Wright for Zaza or even Wright + Felton + some incentive for Zaza + Delfino should be acceptable by Milwaukee

Not interested in Pachulia. I know they were shopping Ilyasova too, he's be a good option if we miss out on Parsons.

I would consider trading Felton and Wright for Ilyasova
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#264 » by kbrow20 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:55 am

What about a move for Ryan Anderson?

Wright and Felton for him. That would would allow us to clear a roster and as long as Anderson is healthy we can use him as our Peja in the playoffs
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#265 » by Darren » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:06 pm

kbrow20 wrote:What about a move for Ryan Anderson?

Wright and Felton for him. That would would allow us to clear a roster and as long as Anderson is healthy we can use him as our Peja in the playoffs

If Ryan Anderson is available, he would have been included in the Asik trade already. You know, he's D12's buddy back to their Orlando day. Apparently, he's not available; at least, not in a deal involve Felton.
kbrow20
Pro Prospect

Post#266 » by kbrow20 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:22 am

Is there anyway we could acquire Bledsoe in a S&T?

so we have a finished starting lineup

PG Bledsoe / Felton / Mekel
SG Ellis / Jefferson / Ledo
SF Parsons / Crowder / Preldzic
PF Dirk / Lewis / Wright / Griffin
C Chandler / James / Smith

What pieces can me trade to get Bledsoe?
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
Darren
RealGM

Post#267 » by Darren » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:48 am

I think there's a possibility that Minny makes Rubio available. He's RFA next summer. He wants 5-year Max extension. Love's leaving. He can't shoot. But he's:
- Pass-first PG on good assist ratio
- Steal leader amount the league
- Leadership and intangible

He's a perfect fit to our current roster set. I would trade Felton, 4M cash (for buyout) and 2 firsts for him. Then, we've got the final piece. We talk extension with Ellis and Tyson earlier next summer and match his offer. We're contender for 3 year at least. We spend the rooms exeption on big like Elton Brand, Jermaine O'Neal, etc. We've a solid roster this season and next.

C - Tyson Chandler / Elton Brand / Greg Smith
PF - Dirk Nowitzki / Brandan Wright / Rashard Lewis
SF - Chandler Parsons / Richard Jefferson / Eric Griffin
SG - Monta Ellis / Jae Crowder / Ricky Ledo
PG - Ricky Rubio / Devin Harris / Gal Mekel
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#268 » by Heezzi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Can he shoot yet?
Darren
RealGM

Post#269 » by Darren » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:52 pm

He's got J Kidd's number 40-34-80.
Darren
RealGM

Post#270 » by Darren » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:58 pm

I will sign Jan Vesely to multiple year deal (with some options) on veteran minimum. I bet he can play some small ball center in zone defense. His skillset is a tremendous fit to Dirk. If not, he's still a heck of stopper at 3/4. At least, we won't burn out Tyson. And we won't be left with nothing when Chandler or / and Wright leave next offseason. And then look for Rondo / Rubio trade by the deadline. I am afraid the situation of next offseason is not favorable to us. Monta can leave. You never know how effective Tyson is and what price he's looking for. If we can net the PG first, we've got flexibility and full MLE as well. We can't waste Dirk's prime. Whether it is 2-3 firsts, we should do it for the final 2-3 year windows.
Deus
Veteran
And1: 149

Post#271 » by Deus » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:49 pm

kbrow20 wrote:What pieces can me trade to get Bledsoe?

Bledsoe is asking for Parsons money, so no chance of us getting him. Phx is offering 4/48 and he's declined if you can believe that. He's not worth more than Harris at 4/16 if you ask me.
Darren
RealGM

Post#272 » by Darren » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:33 am

What about McGee /Saunders / Pekovic for Felton and Wright?
Darren
RealGM

Post#273 » by Darren » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:38 am

Or Wright and a pick for Kanter.
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#274 » by catalyst » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:25 pm

On Trade board, but would never happen

something47 wrote:So I dont know how high people are on Reggie Jackson, but I actually like him alot and think it would be possible for us to get him from OKC, this is what I am suggesting

DAL In: Jackson, Perkins
DAL Out: Wright, Felton, Crowder, 2015 1st Round , Ledo or 2015 2nd Round

OKC In: Lee, Felton, DAL 2015 1st Round
OKC Out: Jackson, Perkins

MEM In: Wright, Crowder, Ledo or 2015 2nd Round
MEM Out: Lee

Why?

DAL - they fill a hole at PG with a young prospect who has proven he can perform on big stages. They would likely be willing to absorb Perkins for the season and let him play be the primary backup center an insurance plan for if Chandler goes down.

OKC - they upgrade their SG position for cheap with Lee, get an additional 2015 1st round pick for next year, and they unload Perkins contract. They would only have to take on Felton, who would actually serve their primary backup PG with Jackson now gone.

MEM - they would upgrade the backup PF position and give them one of the best benches in the league with Wright. After signing Carter, it looked like Lee's minutes were going to be reduced this seasons. Additionally with the rotation of Allen/Carter/Calathes already in the rotation, it makes sense for them to trade him and get some value for him. The addition of Crowder is optional, however would provide a 3-D player at the SF position. Finally they would have their option of Ledo, a SG prospect on a rookie deal with 3 years left, or a 2nd round pick. Crowder and Ledo are optional.

Imagine this

Jackson/Nelson/Mekel
Ellis/Harris/Ledo
Parsons/Jefferson/Griffin
Dirk/MARION?/Smith
Chandler/Perkins/Sarge

Fantasy time
mait
Senior
And1: 1

Post#275 » by mait » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:21 pm

How about?

Ellis + Felton + Mekel + Crowder to PHX for Bledsoe.

Brandan Wright + Ricky Ledo to NYK for JR Smith and Iman Schumpert

Room exception: Andray Blatche

Chandler
Nowitzki
Parsons
Schumpert
Bledsoe

Blatche
Aminu
Jefferson
JR Smith
Harris

Seems pretty legit line-up on D?
Darren
RealGM

Post#276 » by Darren » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:18 pm

At first, I think Bledsoe is far superior to Ellis. But I discover that it's not necessarily the case. Bledsoe can't play PG. He's combo guard as well. And he's not better than Monta for a mile. He's younger but he misses nearly half season in 4 years. I want to stay away from him if he wants 16M per. I don't like the NYK trade as well. Wright's our only backup big. Why should we trade him for that package? Bear in mind that we're a player in FA market next offseason, don't ruin the plan for 3rd tier players. The Mavs need a big to fix their biggest needs - post defense and rebound. I'd rather have Bernard James than Blatche on that end. Of course, I don't really want James before Vesely, Okafor, Brand and JO.
Dmavs12
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#277 » by Dmavs12 » Mon Aug 4, 2014 1:39 pm

Cavaliers
Kevin love

Mavericks
Andrew Wiggins

Timberwolves
2 1st from Cavs
2 1st from Mavs

Would this work as a good starting point for a trade?

I know we are in win now mode. I just figure this deal would give the Mavs depth at SG and would be the possible replacement to Dirk in the future.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#278 » by Teffer10 » Mon Aug 4, 2014 5:35 pm

Dmavs12 wrote:Cavaliers
Kevin love

Mavericks
Andrew Wiggins

Timberwolves
2 1st from Cavs
2 1st from Mavs

Would this work as a good starting point for a trade?

I know we are in win now mode. I just figure this deal would give the Mavs depth at SG and would be the possible replacement to Dirk in the future.

Cavs and Mavs say hell yeah and Wolves hang up the phone.
Minny isn't getting any #1 picks out of those 4...most likely something in the 20s.
Minny can have Wiggins and Bennett if they want but I'm sure they will want more. We have nothing that would interest them.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Post#279 » by Captain_Obvious » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Wonder if we can trade Chandler and pick(s) for Hibbert. Would you be interested or is Chandler in the short term better?
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#280 » by catalyst » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:Wonder if we can trade Chandler and pick(s) for Hibbert. Would you be interested or is Chandler in the short term better?

Darren recently proposed this trade.

Return to Dallas Mavericks