Ricky Ledo Watch

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ringo39
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Ricky Ledo Watch 

Post#81 » by ringo39 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 pm

Rotoworld Summer League Summary

I love Ricky Ledo. He has an affinity to be in the center of the action and it’s led to countless high- and low-lights. Maybe the Mavs coaching staff can help him grow and have him in their rotation next season. He still wouldn't have a very high upside because he's not efficient and doesn't pass very well.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/4 ... -summary-3
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#82 » by Darren » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 am

I disagree with quite a few points. Ricky Ledo's first round potential. He can be a point forward type. If we've Don Nelson as coach, he should have been in rotation now. The major problem on his game rests on his body shape and coordination. He can't play extended minutes to be effective. He's indeed very efficient as a PG; not so much as a SG and SF. He's a bad defender right now. He's the length to make it up in zone defense. He passes well (besides cross court pass). He may make bad decisions when he's frustrated. I've watched him play last season.

His turnover problems (bad decisions) always comes under 2 circumstances:
1. He's on tired legs, e.g. extended minutes without rest, back-to-back, back-to-back-to-back. When he's on tired legs, he'll struggle to make layups and get blocked at a high rate.
2. He's frustrated not receiving the balls for nearly a quarter, e.g. he's being used as SG/SF. Whenever he receives the ball, he'll get into the crowds for turnovers.

He's quite unique player that requires particular system to success.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#83 » by Heezzi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Darren wrote:I disagree with quite a few points. Ricky Ledo's first round potential. He can be a point forward type. If we've Don Nelson as coach, he should have been in rotation now. The major problem on his game rests on his body shape and coordination. He can't play extended minutes to be effective. He's indeed very efficient as a PG; not so much as a SG and SF. He's a bad defender right now. He's the length to make it up in zone defense. He passes well (besides cross court pass). He may make bad decisions when he's frustrated. I've watched him play last season.

His turnover problems (bad decisions) always comes under 2 circumstances:
1. He's on tired legs, e.g. extended minutes without rest, back-to-back, back-to-back-to-back. When he's on tired legs, he'll struggle to make layups and get blocked at a high rate.
2. He's frustrated not receiving the balls for nearly a quarter, e.g. he's being used as SG/SF. Whenever he receives the ball, he'll get into the crowds for turnovers.

He's quite unique player that requires particular system to success.

Currently 1. will never be a problem. He wouldn't play enough for it to be a factor.
platinuma1
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#84 » by platinuma1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:41 pm

ringo39 wrote:Rotoworld Summer League Summary

I love Ricky Ledo. He has an affinity to be in the center of the action and it’s led to countless high- and low-lights. Maybe the Mavs coaching staff can help him grow and have him in their rotation next season. He still wouldn't have a very high upside because he's not efficient and doesn't pass very well.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/4 ... -summary-3

ricky doesn't pass very well? :banghead:

Return to Dallas Mavericks