ImageImageImage

let's look ahead to the 2015 FA class

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Re: let's look ahead to the 2015 FA class 

Post#81 » by JamesConway » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Dragic would be perfect. Solid size, tons of basketball IQ, can shoot, can drive, can run an offense, solid defender, Imo he's even a top 5 PG.

If we could add him while maintaining Monta & Tyson....pew
kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#82 » by kbrow20 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:08 pm

JamesConway wrote:Dragic would be perfect. Solid size, tons of basketball IQ, can shoot, can drive, can run an offense, solid defender, Imo he's even a top 5 PG.

Just thinking about that makes me think how perfect our team would be.

C TC
PF Dirk
SF Parsons
SG Ellis
PG Dragic

= 2 more rings until Dirk retires.
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 832

Post#83 » by Teffer10 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:36 pm

kbrow20 wrote:
JamesConway wrote:Dragic would be perfect. Solid size, tons of basketball IQ, can shoot, can drive, can run an offense, solid defender, Imo he's even a top 5 PG.

C TC
PF Dirk
SF Parsons
SG Ellis
PG Dragic

Never could understand why we didn't go after Dragic when he was available. Always liked his game but never thought of him as a good defender.
JamesConway
Sixth Man

Post#84 » by JamesConway » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:14 am

Teffer10 wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:

C TC
PF Dirk
SF Parsons
SG Ellis
PG Dragic

Never could understand why we didn't go after Dragic when he was available. Always liked his game but never thought of him as a good defender.

Agree'd, he's not a defensive stopper, but I'd put the "solid"-tag on him (compared nowadays PG-standards in the NBA). I like his size & mobility for a 1/2. And he's a smart guy, who knows where to be on the court at the right time. It'd be great to have a player like him who's able to play both guard-positions. And I think Dirk would love to play with him.

Though I'm not even sure if we'll have enough cap room to add him next summer while maintaining Monta & Ty. All those (early) bird rights, player options, team options, etc. Very hard to guess right now how much room we'll have (if any).
JamesConway
Sixth Man

Post#85 » by JamesConway » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:42 am

Depending on how his contract-situation pans out Bledsoe could become an option in next year's FA, too. I'm not buying too much into it yet, but there are indeed speculations that he might choses the same path Monroe just picked and signs the qualifying offer with Phoenix in order to become an UFA next summer. If so the PG-class of 2015 would be extremely intrigueing with Bledsoe, Dragic & Rondo.

Will be really interesting to see if he can find an agreement with the Suns before the deadline (somewhen at the begin of october) goes by
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 832

Post#86 » by Teffer10 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:17 pm

JamesConway wrote:Depending on how his contract-situation pans out Bledsoe could become an option in next year's FA, too. I'm not buying too much into it yet, but there are indeed speculations that he might choses the same path Monroe just picked and signs the qualifying offer with Phoenix in order to become an UFA next summer. If so the PG-class of 2015 would be extremely intrigueing with Bledsoe, Dragic & Rondo.

Will be really interesting to see if he can find an agreement with the Suns before the deadline (somewhen at the begin of october) goes by

Of those 3 Dragic would probably be my first pick.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#87 » by Darren » Sun Sep 7, 2014 4:28 am

If we get Fernandez, 30, from Real Madrid next offseason and re-sign TC, we will be fine. Bring back nearly everyone and draft a backup big. We're in perfect mode. Both Fernandez and Parsons can play defense and point forward. For the same money, I will go to Fernandez instead of Rubio. I hope we can get Vesely as well.

C - Tyson Chandler / Ian Vesely / Mavs 2015 first
PF - Dirk Nowitzki / Brandan Wright
SF - Chandler Parsons / Al-farouq Aminu
SG - Rudy Fernandez / Ricky Ledo
PG - Monta Ellis / Devin Harris / Raymond Felton
Sagittaron
Senior
And1: 150

Post#88 » by Sagittaron » Sun Sep 7, 2014 11:12 am

Darren wrote:If we get Fernandez, 30, from Real Madrid next offseason and re-sign TC, we will be fine. Bring back nearly everyone and draft a backup big. We're in perfect mode. Both Fernandez and Parsons can play defense and point forward. For the same money, I will go to Fernandez instead of Rubio. I hope we can get Vesely as well.

Dude, Rudy Fernandez and Jan Vesely? Seriously? Have you ever watched Vesely play for the Wizards? Brandan Wright is twice the player he is. He is in no way shape or form a backup C for a team that has championship aspirations.

Also, Rudy Fernandez and defence are complete opposites. Rudy is considered a bad defender and teams go at him in the Euroleague let alone in the NBA

Monta should be playing SG, Koponen already said he wants to try the NBA. He could be solid for a very cheap contract and we can also go after FA point guards (Dragic, Bledsoe)
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#89 » by Darren » Sun Sep 7, 2014 12:31 pm

Sagittaron wrote:
Darren wrote:If we get Fernandez, 30, from Real Madrid next offseason and re-sign TC, we will be fine. Bring back nearly everyone and draft a backup big. We're in perfect mode. Both Fernandez and Parsons can play defense and point forward. For the same money, I will go to Fernandez instead of Rubio. I hope we can get Vesely as well.

Dude, Rudy Fernandez and Jan Vesely? Seriously? Have you ever watched Vesely play for the Wizards? Brandan Wright is twice the player he is. He is in no way shape or form a backup C for a team that has championship aspirations.

Also, Rudy Fernandez and defence are complete opposites. Rudy is considered a bad defender and teams go at him in the Euroleague let alone in the NBA

Monta should be playing SG, Koponen already said he wants to try the NBA. He could be solid for a very cheap contract and we can also go after FA point guards (Dragic, Bledsoe)

If you considered Rudy who's averages 2 steals per game a bad defender, please stop suggest signing Dragic. He's as worst as Calderon on defense. Not to mention, he's only 6-3. I'd go for Fernandez instead of Dragic pretty easily. I admit I don't watch much Vesely's game. But stats wise, he's an efficient defender that won't command big money. And we sorely miss altheticism. He won't hurt us as much as signing Monroe for big money.
Sagittaron
Senior
And1: 150

Post#90 » by Sagittaron » Sun Sep 7, 2014 1:10 pm

Darren wrote:
Sagittaron wrote:

If you considered Rudy who's averages 2 steals per game a bad defender, please stop suggest signing Dragic. He's as worst as Calderon on defense. Not to mention, he's only 6-3. I'd go for Fernandez instead of Dragic pretty easily. I admit I don't watch much Vesely's game. But stats wise, he's an efficient defender that won't command big money. And we sorely miss altheticism. He won't hurt us as much as signing Monroe for big money.

There are some things in basketball that all the advance stats or any stats for that matter can't measure. The fact that Rudy gambles and gets steals doesn't make him a good defender. I watch him regularly in the Euroleague and with the Spanish NT. He slacks on defence, gambles more than he should, gets blown by less athletic players and get's abused in the post by bigger wings. In the NBA he will be as much as a defensive liability (if not a bigger one) than Jose Calderon.

I won't go into Vesely's flaws as a player but after the contract he just signed with Fener Ulker in Turkey I doubt it that he will leave that to return to the NBA for the veterans minimum.

Dragic has solid size for a PG. He is not a lockdown defender either by he is not as bad as Calderon, he can hold his own. Dragic / Harris / Koponen or Bledsoe / Harris / Koponen would be an awesome PG trio for Dallas depending on what we do with Tyson or other C signings.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#91 » by fuller4379 » Mon Sep 8, 2014 9:25 pm

Chandler Parsons will be coming off his rookie contract in 2015.

Wait, Houston was dumb enough to opt out of the 4th year of this contract that would have paid him $900k, and the Mavs signed him as a RFA to a contract that the Rockets chose not to match. :lol:
JamesConway
Sixth Man

Post#92 » by JamesConway » Tue Sep 9, 2014 4:37 pm

Welp, looks like we can cross Dragic off our list:
[Dragic:]"Got a very interesting position with the club. Guess I'll break the contract and sign a new one," he said. "As I spoke [to the Suns], I immediately during the first week, when the market opens, sign and I will therefore be calm."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phoenix-suns-goran-dragic-says-142021630.html

The Suns also reported to have interest in Goran's younger brother Zoran Dragic. Clever move by them.

Return to Dallas Mavericks