ImageImageImage

No more small ball?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkster41
Senior
And1: 156

No more small ball? 

Post#1 » by dirkster41 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:28 pm

It seems Rick Carlisle finally realized that small ball isn't the way to go. I did not see a 3 guard lineup nor Parsons at the 4 the past two games. We are finally seeing Wright at PF that everyone, myself included is clamoring even if it's for a limited time. Barea is playing less than 10 minutes too which is surprising. I still see Aminu at the 4 though.

Will this be permanent? Or is this just because Heat/Kings have the bigs that will kill the Mavs when they go small.
Blame Rasho wrote:There are players you trade, and players who ride to the end of the sunset with.... Dirk is the latter.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,634

Re: No more small ball? 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Part of it is matchups, but I too want to see more of Wright at the 4. I don't mind Aminu playing there some, but I've seen enough of Parsons in that role to know I don't like it. And the 3 PG lineup should never return. It worked with Kidd because he was so strong and so smart that he could guard 3's and get away with it. I love Devin defending PG's and don't mind him on 2's, but asking him to guard 3's just takes a good defender and turns him into a poor one.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Dallas Mavericks