Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 832

Re: Mavericks Offseason 

Post#381 » by Teffer10 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:57 am

Mr B wrote:
jasonic wrote:Some thoughts about the latest news:
1) I like the moves for the last spots of our roster with young guys like Jenkins, Ashley and Ndour. I 'd take the potential over veteranship.
2) The re-signing of CV so early this summer, looks bad now. I 'd easily take Powell, Ndour and Ashley over him.
3) The rotation in the 5 position wouldn't be bad if we somehow sign a good above the rim center.

Just like Zaza I think Charlie V could could be traded to a contender at the trade deadline (only for a 2nd round pick).

And that's probably why we'll keep Felton around to possibly help match salaries. CV, Zaza and Felton are about 12mil of expirings that might come in handy around TDL. All 3 could be nice pieces for some contenders as well depending on situation and need.
bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#382 » by bobsquad » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:06 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/625480604948107264[/tweet]
Add Mike Miller to the list of names we're linked to. Ostensibly an RJ replacement, though Miller looked done this past season. I'd hate to see him take time from one of our young guys.
aussiewill
Rookie
And1: 179

Post#383 » by aussiewill » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:51 am

Miller, pass... Doesn't fill a need for us and I can't see how he can these days for anyone...
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Mavericks Offseason 

Post#384 » by Mr B » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:11 am

bobsquad wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/625480604948107264[/tweet]
Add Mike Miller to the list of names we're linked to. Ostensibly an RJ replacement, though Miller looked done this past season. I'd hate to see him take time from one of our young guys.

He would easily choose the Grizz or thunder over the Mavs if he wants a shot at a title.

All of us obviously like the fact they are bringing in a ton of young guys but for Dirk's and Carlisle's sake they have to try to put a competitive team on the floor. Dirk has two more years on his deal and I fully expect him to play out those two years however Carlisle has 1 year left and if this team goes into full rebuilding mode I think Carlisle is gone.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#385 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 pm

I'd think Miller would choose the Grizzlies. He played there before, he'd have a clearly defined role as a low-minute bench shooter. Can't think of any reason at all for him to play for us. As I understand it, he has to endure a lot physically to be able just to handle the travel and minor role he has. No reason to put himself thru that here. Heck he might retire.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
titantron91
Junior
And1: 32

Post#386 » by titantron91 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 pm

We're about to be completed

PG: Deron Williams, Devin Harris JJ Barea, Raymond Felton
SG: Wesley Matthews, Justin Anderson, John Jenkins
SF: Chandler Parsons, Maurice Ndour
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Powell, Jeremy Tyler
C: Samuel Dalembert, Zaza Pachulia

One C spot left for JaVale McGee. Heh.
Lord Cuban
Analyst
And1: 1,894

Post#387 » by Lord Cuban » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:34 am

Almost done:

PG - Deron Williams - J.J. Barea - Raymond Felton
SG - Wesley Matthews - Devin Harris - John Jenkins
SF - Chandler Parsons - Justin Anderson - Maurice Ndour
PF - Dirk Nowitzki - Dwight Powell - Charlie Villanueva
C - Zaza Pachulia - Samuel Dalembert - _______________
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions!!!
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#388 » by Teffer10 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:21 pm

Aderito wrote:Almost done:

I wouldn't feel too bad with that roster if we could have somehow kept Aminu. Backup 3/4 looks really weak and Aminu would have been the perfect fit there. Where is Evans?

Center is still a big question mark but so are all of the other positions including PF considering Dirk's age and the options behind him.
Powell simply has to step up and Anderson has to live up to expectations.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#389 » by dirkforpres » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Teffer10 wrote:

I wouldn't feel too bad with that roster if we could have somehow kept Aminu. Backup 3/4 looks really weak and Aminu would have been the perfect fit there. Where is Evans?

Center is still a big question mark but so are all of the other positions including PF considering Dirk's age and the options behind him.

Charlie hasn't officially signed yet, so im hoping he goes elsewhere like RJ did and that would clear up spaces for Tyler and Evans on our roster
FIRE JASON KIDD
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#390 » by Teffer10 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:03 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:

Charlie hasn't officially signed yet, so im hoping he goes elsewhere like RJ did and that would clear up spaces for Tyler and Evans on our roster

Assuming Charlie stays, over half of our roster would be over 30 so I'm not sure what the FO is actually doing. Charlie is only 30 (31 next month) so he might fit in their plan....especially with the limited options at backup PF and Dirk's age. Charlie probably feels he has a great opportunity at good PT here so I bet he stays unless Donnie tells him to move on.

Not sure about this half-assed youth movement. Dirk, Sammy, Zaza, Williams, Barea, Harris, and probably Charlie are all over 30 and will get most of the PT so we really won't be developing anyone this season.

I'm assuming the strategy is to put together a decent core that shows steady progress and some success to attract FAs next season moreso than develop players for the long-term. I think Charlie stays and is in the rotation after RC loses patience with Powell and some others.
aussiewill
Rookie
And1: 179

Post#391 » by aussiewill » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:58 am

For those wondering, here is a really good site for looking at salaries-

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/

We will have 14 guaranteed contracts and the following will most likely be fighting it out at camp-

Famous, Wilson, Ashley, Mejri and Singh (highly unlikely).
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#392 » by No-Man » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:28 pm

My view of the roster as of today,

Williams-Barea-Felton
Matthews-Harris-Jenkins
Parsons-Anderson-Evans-Wilson
Nowitzki-Villanueva-N'Dour-Ashley
Pachulia-Powell-Mejri-Famous-Dalembert

Those are the ones under contract and heading to the TC, if we dont sign anybody else, I'd cut Wilson, Ashley, Famous and Dalembert and offer all of them dleague deals if they want to play for the Legends.
I hope at least Ashley accepts, he is a good project.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#393 » by siar617 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 10:20 pm

Would you guys want Calderon back?
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#394 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Aug 1, 2015 11:24 pm

siar617 wrote:Would you guys want Calderon back?

We have 4 mediocre PG's right now. I like Calderon as much as any of them but what's the point really? You would have to take Felton and Devin back for it to make sense for us and I can't imagine the Knicks want any part of Felton again.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
siar617
Analyst

Post#395 » by siar617 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 12:52 am

Chuck Texas wrote:

We have 4 mediocre PG's right now. I like Calderon as much as any of them but what's the point really? You would have to take Felton and Devin back for it to make sense for us and I can't imagine the Knicks want any part of Felton again.

A Heat fan came up witha three way were they take Felton give us Birdman and Chalmers while Calderon goes bact to Dallas.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,603

Post#396 » by Dirk » Sun Aug 2, 2015 9:55 am

siar617 wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:

A Heat fan came up witha three way were they take Felton give us Birdman and Chalmers while Calderon goes bact to Dallas.

Mavs shouldn't be interested. I like Calderon but he's very one dimensional and has 7.7 million guaranteed in 16/17. At the time of the Tyson Chandler trade(with him having struggled with the Knicks the year before) I thought that getting rid of Calderon's contract was the most positive thing out of the deal. Mavs wouldn't be crazy to get him back at that price. Ironically, Calderon would be a nice backup PG in Miami.

Felton, I honestly don't think he's as bad as he's made out to be. The guy got a bad rap and people will never let go of the fat jokes. From my perspective, physically he looked in shape all last season, his body language was good when he was on the bench and he played very hard when he got a chance. He had terrible luck with injuries though. He certainly doesn't look like he's a cancer or anything. He can play. So... no need for the Mavs to be desperate to dump him unless it's on a favourable trade or for cap space purposes.
60/21/10
siar617
Analyst

Post#397 » by siar617 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 11:50 am

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:
siar617 wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:

Mavs shouldn't be interested. I like Calderon but he's very one dimensional and has 7.7 million guaranteed in 16/17. At the time of the Tyson Chandler trade(with him having struggled with the Knicks the year before) I thought that getting rid of Calderon's contract was the most positive thing out of the deal. Mavs wouldn't be crazy to get him back at that price. Ironically, Calderon would be a nice backup PG in Miami.

Felton, I honestly don't think he's as bad as he's made out to be. The guy got a bad rap and people will never let go of the fat jokes. From my perspective, physically he looked in shape all last season, his body language was good when he was on the bench and he played very hard when he got a chance. He had terrible luck with injuries though. He certainly doesn't look like he's a cancer or anything. He can play. So... no need for the Mavs to be desperate to dump him unless it's on a favourable trade or for cap space purposes.

What is the direction of your team right now? are you guys banking on free agency or draft?
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#398 » by Darren » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:08 am

What happens to Jeremy Evans? There's 14 players on roster at official website. I assume 2 of the 3 will make the team: Evans, NDour, Felton. Felton is listed on the roster currently. This team lacks athleticism and dribbing in particular. We only have one capable fit at 5 in Dalembert. And we don't have any able dribble and dish piece except JJ. We miss an energy guy that can stop elite 2/3. Team chemistry and motivation are both problems. I wonder if Deron can turn the team over. And I wonder if Dirk is motivated to compete. At 6-9, I think Evans is the Aminu we missed. NDour is closed. Either or both should make the team.

By the way, who's the trade bait by deadline? Or we stand pat and do nothing? I expect a boring season and offseason. And we will land Boston the pick at the end of the year.
titantron91
Junior
And1: 32

Post#399 » by titantron91 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:27 pm

PG: Deron Williams - Devin Harris - JJ Barea
SG: Wesley Matthews - Justin Anderson - John Jenkins
SF: Chandler Parsons - Maurice Ndour - Jeremy Tyler
PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Dwight Powell - Charlie Villanueva
C: JaVale McGee - Zaza Pachulia - Samuel Dalembert

I think this is a solid lineup, assuming that everyone is fully healthy. Totally jizzing over Matthews-Anderson-Jenkins rotation.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#400 » by Teffer10 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Darren wrote:What happens to Jeremy Evans? There's 14 players on roster at official website. I assume 2 of the 3 will make the team: Evans, NDour, Felton. Felton is listed on the roster currently. This team lacks athleticism and dribbing in particular. We only have one capable fit at 5 in Dalembert. And we don't have any able dribble and dish piece except JJ. We miss an energy guy that can stop elite 2/3. Team chemistry and motivation are both problems. I wonder if Deron can turn the team over. And I wonder if Dirk is motivated to compete. At 6-9, I think Evans is the Aminu we missed. NDour is closed. Either or both should make the team.

By the way, who's the trade bait by deadline? Or we stand pat and do nothing? I expect a boring season and offseason. And we will land Boston the pick at the end of the year.

We need to keep one of them because we are extremely weak defensively at 3/4. Durant will kill us if we don't have a somewhat decent defender and I don't have a clue as to who will guard guys like Aldridge, Griffin and some other PFs in the league.

Aminu was a huge loss....maybe even more than Chandler this season.

Return to Dallas Mavericks