Rondo out indefinitely

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,808

Rondo out indefinitely 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 pm

Team calling it a back injury suffered in game 2, but I think we all know that's not the real reason.

I'm glad. I'd rather go down fighting with guys who care.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Re: Rondo out indefinitely 

Post#2 » by fuller4379 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:54 pm

More likely that he is butt hurt.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#3 » by 2011Champs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:00 pm

I'd rather go with Barea, Harris and Felton. They actually care and play hard. I think Felton could really make a difference. He is well rested and seems to be a true professional being a bench warmer all season without complaining.

As for Rondo? Good luck getting a max contract from the Lakers.
Knosh
Starter
And1: 921

Post#4 » by Knosh » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:09 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/treykerby/status/590912022205886466[/tweet]

And Rondo didn't even play in the 4th quarter last night...
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by fuller4379 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:10 pm

2011Champs wrote:I'd rather go with Barea, Harris and Felton. They actually care and play hard. I think Felton could really make a difference. He is well rested and seems to be a true professional being a bench warmer all season without complaining.

This last month I have changed my opinion on Felton. He isn't worth $4 million, but at least he is trying this season.
zaman314125
Pro Prospect
And1: 24

Post#6 » by zaman314125 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:11 pm

2011Champs wrote:I'd rather go with Barea, Harris and Felton. They actually care and play hard. I think Felton could really make a difference. He is well rested and seems to be a true professional being a bench warmer all season without complaining.

Dude you are so right. Felton has had his ups and downs from last season. He was suspended and benched for most of this season until the end. This dude was a top 5 pick a while back whereas Rondo seems to think everything should go his way and if doesn't then he's not going to care. Man fu** him. Like I said yesterday, I'm done with him, let Kobe and the Lakers deal with him. Felton is a true professional, and I don't think he will have a big impact but at the very least he's going to play hard. That's the one thing we can all expect from our players.
zaman314125
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by zaman314125 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:12 pm

fuller4379 wrote:

This last month I have changed my opinion on Felton. He isn't worth $4 million, but at least he is trying this season.

At the end of the day, we EXPECT all of our players go out and play hard. But not Rondo, he thinks he's some superstar that can't be touched.
bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#8 » by bobsquad » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Agreed on Felton. Dude has been a starter his entire career, took the last spot on the bench for 90% of the season, and is playing solid basketball now that we need him.
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,918

Post#9 » by ILC » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:47 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/590993779538034688[/tweet]

One less worry in the offseason I guess...
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
zaman314125
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by zaman314125 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:06 pm

That's pretty big time. Usually a coach doesn't say something like that unless it's the truth. Thank god, we're done with Rondo. We'll have players who actually cares.
Romotodez
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#11 » by Romotodez » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 pm

I imagine Rondo is thanking people as well. I will take the high road here and you can dog him all you want too but I still think this is part Carlisle and not just solely Rondo.
GermanFan120
Analyst
And1: 1,088

Post#12 » by GermanFan120 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Romotodez wrote:I imagine Rondo is thanking people as well. I will take the high road here and you can dog him all you want too but I still think this is part Carlisle and not just solely Rondo.

How many players Rick had issue with since he became the HC? I cannot think of any. If you do, help me out.
How many times Rondo have come across issues with other players/coaches/owners?

If you are a Rondo die hard fan, I would understand all your defensive argument. But if not, please save your time because I am sure 99% of Mavs fans have accepted the fact that the Rondo trade didn't work and decided to move on. It is pointless to discuss why Rondo was not happy in Dallas. Why? Because we mavs fans really don't give a damn anymore.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Romotodez
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by Romotodez » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:48 pm

Jason Kidd rings a big bell there. True I am a huge Rondo fan. Look I'm a huge Cowboys fan so I have always watched the Mavs. Loved the Mashburn , Jackson , Kidd days. I'm more of a Kentucky player fan than anything. Rondo , before the CAlipari era just happened to be the best one.
titantron91
Junior
And1: 32

Post#14 » by titantron91 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:24 pm

This sucks. This freakin sucks. I hate Rondo and Parsons. FO screwed this team over hard.
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#15 » by zapatasblood » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:39 pm

I don't know why they are going to protect him like this calling it a back injury. On the bright looks like yall won't give him a boat anchor of a contract.
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
fuller4379
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by fuller4379 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Romotodez wrote:I imagine Rondo is thanking people as well. I will take the high road here and you can dog him all you want too but I still think this is part Carlisle and not just solely Rondo.

Rondo quit on the team yesterday. He has always been lazy and only shows up when he has to. "Playoff Rondo" should be how he plays 82 games a year. He is an arrogant, self-centered idiot who thinks of no one but himself. He isn't coachable and is more focused on making a pass to get on ESPN than helping the team. He is a lousy teammate. He should be the first in the gym and the last one out to work on the holes in his game. There is no excuse for his lousy free throw shooting. He has been a cancer ever since he has arrived in Dallas. He cost himself probably $50 million yesterday. No one is going to sign him to a max contract deal now.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,808

Post#17 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:46 pm

zapatasblood wrote:I don't know why they are going to protect him like this calling it a back injury. On the bright looks like yall won't give him a boat anchor of a contract.

because there is nothing to gain from trashing him publicly. It was out there for the whole world to see. The organization doesn't have to come out and call him a dog on top of that. I mean we didn't even trash Odom and he was far worse than Rondo's been.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#18 » by zapatasblood » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:
zapatasblood wrote:I don't know why they are going to protect him like this calling it a back injury. On the bright looks like yall won't give him a boat anchor of a contract.

because there is nothing to gain from trashing him publicly. It was out there for the whole world to see. The organization doesn't have to come out and call him a dog on top of that. I mean we didn't even trash Odom and he was far worse than Rondo's been.

Yeah true but big difference in saying he quit and coach's decision. Odom was a whole another story or at least from what I heard. Anyways he is trash as a teammate
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
Romotodez
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by Romotodez » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:06 am

fuller4379 wrote:

Rondo quit on the team yesterday. He has always been lazy and only shows up when he has to. "Playoff Rondo" should be how he plays 82 games a year. He is an arrogant, self-centered idiot who thinks of no one but himself. He isn't coachable and is more focused on making a pass to get on ESPN than helping the team. He is a lousy teammate. He should be the first in the gym and the last one out to work on the holes in his game. There is no excuse for his lousy free throw shooting. He has been a cancer ever since he has arrived in Dallas. He cost himself probably $50 million yesterday. No one is going to sign him to a max contract deal now.

Let's see- arrogant- I agree but he plays with an edge/ self centered- meh , I think he really tried to make this work. Again - he wants the ball in his hands and defense has always been a priority. He goes to team that couldn't be further away from that. Idiot- might should check your facts on that one. Not coachable- probably true. Making ESpn highlights- sure a fancy pass can be just as pretty as dunk. First in gym- everything I have read - he is in there all the time. Only person in Boston that shot more was Ray Allen. It was well talked about that he had received help from Dirks shooting coach. It was also mentioned that he spent 3 hours Christmas Day shooting this year just throwing it out there what I have read. I think the work showed too he shot better the last month. Free throws- there was a time this season I couldn't believe what I was watching with him. It was like he was just throwing and hoping. At that time if I was the opposing team- I would have fouled him everytime. I think though there is a reason you didn't see other teams counter with the hack a Rondo. He looked a lot better from the line the last month.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#20 » by Jasen777 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:49 am

JJ winning the next game. Book it.

Return to Dallas Mavericks