Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,013

Re: The tooooo early 2017 free agent watch 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:45 am

2011Champs wrote:
Mr B wrote:
arkuo wrote:If cap space permits, I hope we throw the max at the Greek Freak. He could very well be Dirk's replacement in 2 years time.

There is absolutely no way the Bucks let him get away. They have a very talented young roster and can pay him more than anyone else.

Mavs lost out on Giannis when they completed F***ed up the draft to save like 99 cents of cap space to sign nobody. Bucks not letting him go at any cost. Mark Cuban would have a better chance of selling The Mavs and buying the Bucks if he wants The Greek Freak.

No kidding. If they had drafted him he would still be on his rookie contract and the Mavs would have had the money to then sign 2 max players. Or 1 max player and fill out the roster with quality support players. FA's would have been more inclined to sign in Dallas if they had a young stud like the Greek Freak. They wwere Ike have had a better shot at signing Conley that's for sure.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 824

Post#22 » by Darren » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:07 am

I am more interested in mid-season trade targets. DeMarcus Cousins is the only logical idea I can think of at this point. For the time being, we can run similar offense through Bogut. As for Giannis, forget him. He's RFA and the Bucks won't let him work even as max deal. They can't attract FAs. They can only attract the likes of homeless expensive experiment like Greg Monroe.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#23 » by arkuo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Agreed. Bucks wont let Dallas get away with highway robbery twice. Dirk for Tractor Traylor is more than enough. Letting Giannis walk would cause an uprising.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#24 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:22 am

We need to develop our projects to see if they have any potential and use that to plan where we will need to reinforce based on where we may be weak for anticipating what we might have when the younger players develop. I think we will target a top PG and PF to prep for Dirk's retirement but we may need to draft a PF for finding that. Hammons may be something we need a few years to develop or not if we invest in giving him a lot of development time and mentoring from Dirk.

Return to Dallas Mavericks