ImageImageImage

Will Frank Ntilikina get drafted before we pick?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: Will Frank Ntilikina get drafted before we pick? 

Post#41 » by 2011Champs » Fri May 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Pointguard01 wrote:
2011Champs wrote:Oh I hope someone drafts Frank ahead of Mavs. Please someone save the Mavs from themselves. Lol

Why are you so down on him?

I'm not high on him, but I do like his long-term potential.

I'm worried that he is a cross between Roddy B and Antoine Rigadeau...
I don't know, I just don't get good vibes from him but I could be totally wrong.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Post#42 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 26, 2017 4:54 pm

2011Champs wrote:
Pointguard01 wrote:
2011Champs wrote:Oh I hope someone drafts Frank ahead of Mavs. Please someone save the Mavs from themselves. Lol

I don't know, I just don't get good vibes from him but I could be totally wrong.

Or Dante Exum, has he shown anything yet? If he does, it will be by the time Noel & Barnes contracts run out and they'll bolt, so I agree with 2011, I don't want him.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#43 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sun May 28, 2017 1:57 am

Depends who falls to us and if Smith is there I would pick him. Same with any of the following Fultz, Ball, Fox, Isaac, Taytum, Monk, Josh and that is the top tier of guys who I think would require no thought on our part if they fell to us and were available at 9. Beyond that you have Frank, Markannen, Collins and maybe Patton in the next tier of talent.

We have a pick at 9 when there really are 8 guys I would love to take and so we have to hope that someone falls for us to grab a top 8 guy.

If we can move up in this draft I say do so and whatever it takes that may be worth it if we don't give up a core player.

Now if someone offers you Rubio or that 6'5" Laker PG then maybe that makes more sense if we can do it and get an additional pick to grab a PF. NY talking about Rubio is also good if it means they let a PG fall to us.

I think we are going to be happy with whoever we get since it will improve the team and helps us fill a hole that we need to address sooner or later and its going to take us another year to fill these holes even with all the surprising rookies we have to develop from last season. PF is a need we might need to fill next season in the draft. Hammons as a stretch PF might even make some sense with Noel at the 5.

Scenarios:

Adding Markannen means we need to steal a PG in free agency or trade for one. Rubio is getting attention from NY so if NY takes a big thinking they can snag a guy like Markannen then I think we can count on someone good at PG falling to us.

Adding a PG like Smith or Ntilikina means we are going to develop him at PG and we can can trade one of our veteran PG's along with Powell and or Wes to acquire a PF or other assets.

To do that in free agency is not really possible IMHO ( money issues) but if we were to trade for another later pick in the first and acquire a Hartenstein type we might find a PF with size that way to back up Dirk and learn under him.

Say we trade Harris for a second round pick or late 1st in next years draft from a team like Cleveland or SAN who just needs a vet to back up an old guy and gain more depth. Can we package that pick together with Powell and use that package to add another asset maybe a better pick in the draft for next season and or maybe trade enough to get another pick in this years draft?
TheGMWill
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#44 » by TheGMWill » Thu Jun 1, 2017 5:05 am

daoneandonly wrote:
2011Champs wrote:
Pointguard01 wrote:

Or Dante Exum, has he shown anything yet? If he does, it will be by the time Noel & Barnes contracts run out and they'll bolt, so I agree with 2011, I don't want him.

I think you meant Barnes and Noel .......the tandem is now called "The Bookstore"
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#45 » by Mr B » Thu Jun 1, 2017 5:29 am

I still think there is a chance that if Ntilikina and all of the other PG's are gone Collins could be the pick. I agree that the Mavs will need to find them a PF soon. If they can't get their PG there a good chance they see Collins being their young PF. His game actually does compliment Noel's. Then sign the best PG available (best realistic option).
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#46 » by Pointguard01 » Thu Jun 1, 2017 10:02 am

Does Collins have a good enough jumper? I don't hate that pick, as he seems to have more long term potential (but more long term risk)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#47 » by Mr B » Thu Jun 1, 2017 2:01 pm

Pointguard01 wrote:Does Collins have a good enough jumper? I don't hate that pick, as he seems to have more long term potential (but more long term risk)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

From what I've seen he does. He will obviously get better at it too the longer he's in the NBA. Like I said he's not my first choice (PG is) but if all the guys they really want are gone Collins might be the best option.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#48 » by Teffer10 » Thu Jun 1, 2017 2:54 pm

If the choice is Collins or Markkanen I'm definitely taking Collins.
If the choice is Collins, Markkanen or Ntilikina I'm taking Ntilikina.
If the choice is Collins, Markkanen or Monk it would probably be Monk for me but I wouldn't be disappointed if they take Collins instead.

Return to Dallas Mavericks