ImageImageImageImageImage

Series Thread: Blue Jays @ Orioles | April 24-26

Moderator: JaysRule15

Rasho is god
Bench Warmer
And1: 654

Re: Series Thread: Blue Jays @ Orioles | April 24-26 

Post#821 » by Rasho is god » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:48 am

So I haven't watched any of the games against Baltimore this year because well it's Baltimore. So I was wondering if someone could fill me in on why the Jays suck so bad against them. Is it a match up issue, playing down to the competition, or do we just suck?
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,294

Post#822 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:07 am

s e n s i F Y C wrote:^^ check yo email sir

and lol @ wilner for blocking me on twitter cause i called him a company man

I argued with Wilner a while back when he kept trying to justify the Napoli trade (he actually said that Napoli wasn't a good hitter prior to 2011). I think that was before he figured out how to block people. :lol:
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#823 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:10 am

Rasho is god wrote:So I haven't watched any of the games against Baltimore this year because well it's Baltimore. So I was wondering if someone could fill me in on why the Jays suck so bad against them. Is it a match up issue, playing down to the competition, or do we just suck?

It's just baseball. They're playing well right now, the Jays aren't.
Rasho is god
Bench Warmer
And1: 654

Post#824 » by Rasho is god » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:34 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Rasho is god wrote:So I haven't watched any of the games against Baltimore this year because well it's Baltimore. So I was wondering if someone could fill me in on why the Jays suck so bad against them. Is it a match up issue, playing down to the competition, or do we just suck?

Ya, but why did they play better before and in between their series with Baltimore?
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#825 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 am

Rasho is god wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Ya, but why did they play better before and in between their series with Baltimore?

They didn't really. They just played a team in the Kansas City Royals that was in the middle of an awful 12 game losing streak and playing terrible baseball.
flatjacket1
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#826 » by flatjacket1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 pm

tsherkin wrote:My ass we will. Not spending like this. Not in this division. I get that AA is building for the future and that it's not a rapid cycle thing, but we've been treading water in futile fashion for years and years, we've seen little flashes before. Delgado was great, then we thought we had something with Wells and Rios and so forth, Halladay was awesome, Burnett had moments, etc, etc, etc. We never, ever put it together. We don't make the playoffs. We don't spend on the big-money players. We play small-ball management and we go no where. What's to say that things will be a lot different now?

There is a time and place for everything. Fielder level player in 3-5 years makes sense. Right now, to get us from 81 to 85 wins doesn't really do much. We play in a tough division with a smaller market to play with, we need to either spend more than them or spend smarter.

The past is not AA's fault or Rogers. Rogers shored up some serious cash for all talented players (Halladay, Wells, Rios) we had in our system, and will continue to hand out some of the bigger contracts in baseball. The 8th highest paid player in the MLB right now was a contract approved from Rogers. AA is able to spend similar amounts, but chooses not to. Building through FA doesn't work unless you can support the biggest payroll.

I love AA and what hes doing, I would have got in on Edwin Jackson 1 year or Beltran for 3-5 years but apparently some players don't want to play here. (Rumor has it we offered Beltran most years/money and he said no because of turf) He is a value driven GM, and you will continue to see shorter deals with smaller dollar amounts at this stage of the game.

In a few years I have confidence we will spend. The day we can make the playoffs without a major FA acquisition is exactly when we will make one. He has said that before.
Avp115 wrote:Bautista>>Mike Trout and Kendrick

Return to Toronto Blue Jays