ImageImageImageImageImage

Rosenthal: Jays players ready to alter deals to get Santana

Moderator: JaysRule15

xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,146

Re: Rosenthal: Jays players ready to alter deals to get Sant 

Post#61 » by xAIRNESSx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 am

According to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation, each player agreed to defer roughly US$3-million each this year in return for repayment plus interest in 2015.

To me it makes it a little less worse that they were going to pay back the money plus interest.

What I don't get is why they would do this? Is some big contract coming off the books next year?
Kaizen
Starter
And1: 22

Post#62 » by Kaizen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:26 am

I thought this thread was bumped because of his start tonight.

http://fansided.com/2014/04/09/ervin-sa ... ves-debut/
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#63 » by KnickerBonkerz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Iono wtf Rogers is doing, it's like they jumped in without both feet. Why spend the money last season and not this year? I suppose it probably has something to do with them finishing in last place, but you would think it'd make more sense for them to pay the price and put more talent around the great players we already have.

Instead they wanna waste this year just to evaluate what we have.. I don't have much hope left for this team. **** if they had opened their pockets all the way and got Darvish or someone like that we would've had more success last year anyways. But now its like they shipped out all the young talent just so that we can be mediocre.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#64 » by J-Roc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:33 pm

KnickerBonkerz wrote:Iono wtf Rogers is doing, it's like they jumped in without both feet. Why spend the money last season and not this year? I suppose it probably has something to do with them finishing in last place, but you would think it'd make more sense for them to pay the price and put more talent around the great players we already have.

Instead they wanna waste this year just to evaluate what we have.. I don't have much hope left for this team. **** if they had opened their pockets all the way and got Darvish or someone like that we would've had more success last year anyways. But now its like they shipped out all the young talent just so that we can be mediocre.

The lesson they learned is to wait till this team plays half decent before ponying up for more help.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Return to Toronto Blue Jays