ImageImageImageImageImage

OT/ Matt Devlin calling Jays' game tonight!

Moderator: JaysRule15

MarkH
Junior
And1: 311

Re: OT/ Matt Devlin calling Jays' game tonight! 

Post#21 » by MarkH » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Bankai wrote:
MarkH wrote:
Bankai wrote:I don't mind baseball but I question the conditioning to play it when lots of the players have the physique of sumo wrestlers.

The fact that you have to extremely over-exaggerate to get your point across shows me your premise is flawed.

I watch plenty of blue jays games a year, and you dont need to be that round in baseball. most players are overweight and can barely run. unlike in basketball where big guys are needed to protect the basket or in the football where big guys are needed to be blockers. Some guys in baseball are unnecessarily big and their is plenty of cases where the only times they are required to run (around the bases) they tend to blow out a leg. guys like CC Sabathia and Prince Fielder have made it a career of being overweight but still have a great career in baseball. I like baseball, probably not as much as you cause you want to call me out on this, but as a whole out of the 4 major american sports, a good amount of baseball players are probably the unhealthiest and not by committee. Soccer/Basketball/Hockey/Football are all required to be more physically fit than Baseball. Sorry but thats just the way it is.

The way you described them as "Sumo Wrestlers" you were acting as if they were all 700lbs. There are a few overweight guys in the league but it definitely is a obstacle, not a help. Either way it doesn't bother many fans and I don't know why you brought it up like you have something to prove.
I was always told that I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean...

Return to Toronto Blue Jays