A Star is Born

Moderator: JaysRule15

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Re: A Star is Born 

Post#21 » by dagger » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:52 am

Schadenfreude wrote:
dagger wrote:Oh wow, something left in sports that can't be expressed as a statistic. No wonder you stat heads hate the term. :lol:

Are you serious? I don't like it because using compete as a noun is an abomination. I have no issue with players being described as competitive in any form that doesn't take the English language and put it through a juicer.

I agree we shouldn't quibble over language. You and I should have a non-compete clause. :D
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,519

Post#22 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:21 pm

zong wrote:Obviously not the real Walt, his vocabulary is grade school level!

Not sure if that's making fun of me, or the real Walt, but we are both very articulate.

I stand by the OP, and can't wait to see Sanchez against the Yankees. He has a star quality that jumps out, and a long, lean, easy delivery, that hits high 90s with wicked stuff. I'm saying here and now, he's a can't miss future ace.

Barring injury.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Black Watch
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Post#23 » by Black Watch » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:08 am

dagger wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:
dagger wrote:Oh wow, something left in sports that can't be expressed as a statistic. No wonder you stat heads hate the term. :lol:

Are you serious? I don't like it because using compete as a noun is an abomination. I have no issue with players being described as competitive in any form that doesn't take the English language and put it through a juicer.

I agree we shouldn't quibble over language. You and I should have a non-compete clause. :D

Schad is right: using compete as a noun is unlettered.
Black Watch and Hamyltowne, my former usernames, are tartan patterns. Nothing to do with any race or any city.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays