OT: Jesus, this is bizarre

Moderator: JaysRule15

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,499

OT: Jesus, this is bizarre 

Post#1 » by dagger » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:41 pm

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ym ... b&sid=milb

I mean you are supposed to have a thick skin, but to get heckled by your own scout. :lol: :lol:

According to another report, the scout heckled him in Spanish, too (Rapido! Rapido!)

Montero was coaching first base, and at the end of an inning, the unidentified crosschecker yelled at him to hustle off the field, according to Boise official scorer Liza Safford. Montero then headed to the AquaSox dugout on the third-base side.

According to a game offical, the crosschecker then ordered an ice cream sandwich and had it sent to Montero in the dugout, escalating the confrontation further. The official said Montero -- who arrived at Mariners Spring Training 40 pounds overweight this season -- approached the stands with a bat while screaming profanities and threw the sandwich at the crosschecker. Montero had to be pulled back from the stands by Everett pitching coach Nasusel Cabrera, Safford said.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,053

Re: OT: Jesus, this is bizarre 

Post#2 » by Raptor_Guy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:43 pm

I was like, how could he be 40lbs overweight? Then I remembered this article..

http://deadspin.com/fat-jesus-montero-o ... 1528075875
satyr9
Assistant Coach
And1: 563

Post#3 » by satyr9 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Hilarious all the way around. Make me look bad will you you lazy bastard, have an ice-cream sandwich.

Honestly, if I could take him for cheap I would and just pray he can do a late bloomer Bautista/Crash Davis type thing (and not even on that scale, just useful) 'cause he really could rake as a kid and I doubt it was all drugs. He still put up pretty good AAA numbers this year, albeit at 24 and virtually identical or a bit worse than what he was doing at the same level at 19/20, but if they want to give him away, I'd be happy to put him on my bench as a purely RH DH guy for a year and cross my fingers.
There There
Veteran
And1: 201

Post#4 » by There There » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:56 pm

satyr9 wrote:Honestly, if I could take him for cheap I would and just pray he can do a late bloomer Bautista/Crash Davis type thing (and not even on that scale, just useful) 'cause he really could rake as a kid and I doubt it was all drugs.

Without a doubt. Hell, i'd go get Robinzon Diaz first just to make sure I had the right pieces to get Montero done.
chargerxthirty
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#5 » by chargerxthirty » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:02 pm

someone traded me Yoenis Cespedes for Jesus Montero in our keeper league 3 years ago in their rookie seasons.

Thanks buds, still workin out great haha

Return to Toronto Blue Jays