ImageImageImageImageImage

Anyone Collect Blue Jays Memorabilia?

Moderator: JaysRule15

Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Anyone Collect Blue Jays Memorabilia? 

Post#1 » by Waylon Mercy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Robbie Alomar was signing autographs at the Eaton Centre today so I decided to go.

I've been thinking about how I'm gonna pimp out my future "Man Cave" and thought
if I bought an Alomar Jersey and got him to sign it and then I frame it and put in some of
his old baseball cards and a 1992 World Series ticket stub in there it would be a real
cool thing to have for the future.

I thought I'd get there about an hour before and that I would get a half decent spot in
line and I luckily ended up being the very last guy in line they allowed. People had been
in line since 7am. I ended up buying an old school home white jersey with the Cooperstown
HOF Logo on the sleeves which was $120. They were selling the old school Grey away Jerseys
with the World Series logos on the sleeves for around $240 I think. I didn't have the money for
that and I personally like the white jerseys better although I want the World Series logos over
the HOF ones.

So the Jersey cost me around $148 with tax and I see his autographed jerseys going for
$500 on Ebay. I haven't collected Jays memorabilia in about 20 years all I've got since
then was a few bobbleheads but I'm thinking of getting back into it.

For my personal collection for my future "Man Cave" I'm only gonna try and get the best
players in Jays and Raptors history with maybe the odd hockey item but since I live downtown
and I'm accessible to a lot of autograph signings I'm gonna try and get as many ones as I can
to sell online. Specifically Jerseys I think people are willing to pay a lot for an autographed
jersey and you can turn a nice profit as opposed to autographed hats/balls/cards etc.

Wondering what you guys have collected through the years?
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,558

Re: Anyone Collect Blue Jays Memorabilia? 

Post#2 » by s e n s i » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:04 pm

does a framed front page of the toronto star sports section from october '89 count? as you can tell the paper itself has debilitated over the years but i think it adds a bit of character (just to clarify, it's the picture thats sideways, not sure why, in case anyone would wonder what kind of idiot would put something on their wall sideways)

other than that, just a bunch of foul balls from various games over the years, some jerseys, the world series VHS tapes, world series banners, and that's about it
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#3 » by Schad » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:15 pm

I have Tilson Brito in a display case in my basement.
**** your asterisk.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#4 » by Waylon Mercy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:18 pm

s e n s i wrote:does a framed front page of the toronto star sports section from october '89 count? as you can tell the paper itself has debilitated over the years but i think it adds a bit of character (just to clarify, it's the picture thats sideways, not sure why, in case anyone would wonder what kind of idiot would put something on their wall sideways)

other than that, just a bunch of foul balls from various games over the years, some jerseys, the world series VHS tapes, world series banners, and that's about it

That's interesting I wonder what old newspapers would go for? Especially if they're autographed. I've
got some old ones as well packed away in my dads attic.

I notice Blue Jays fans go crazy for bobbleheads...I was at the Jose Reyes game this year and
people were lined up to Spadina at 11am and after the game you could find hundreds if not
thousands of them on ebay and those sites for $40-$70 already.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,558

Post#5 » by s e n s i » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:33 pm

i was (un)fortunate enough to get a mariano rivera bobblehead last year (after queuing between the 3rd and 6th innings in yankee stadium ramps) and i'm hoping to pawn it off in like 50 years for a small fortune
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
tempests_dawn
RealGM
And1: 1,595

Post#6 » by tempests_dawn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:08 pm

I still have the newspapers when the Jays won the 92 and 93 series, as well as the 92 ALCS game when Alomar hit that 2 run shot...

I plan to retire on that
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#7 » by SharoneWright » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:52 am

I have a ball somewhere with the auto-pen signatures of the guys from that '85 collapse team.

I think I kept some cans of coke from '92 with the Jays logo and scores from the Atlanta Series.

FYI, I'm selling..... lol.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#8 » by C Court » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:00 am

I have a bunch of old Blue Jays programs from the 80's. I also have game programs and ticket stubs from both World Series playoffs, including the final game in 93.

I have a Billy Williams signed program from the SkyDome Allstar game. I sat next to Billy during the game.

I've got a ton of old baseball cards from the mid to late 60's. Plus Jays cards from their first few seasons.

I have autographed pics of Dodgers players including Willie Davis, Billy Grabarkewitz, Don Drysdale.

And I can't forget my autographed pic of Jimy Williams when he played for AAA Winnipeg Whips. :D
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#9 » by spykelee » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:33 am

My memrobilia collection is a little nutty and spans several sports.

With baseball, I actually dont have much. An 11 X 14 Autographed Ted Williams picture and I think that's it.

Hockey I've got a framed Gordie Howe Red wings jersey, autographed with Mr. Hockey. A program and ticket stub framed from the last game @ Maple Leaf Gardens. Jean Beliveau autographed 11 X 14. Sidney Crosby autographed 11 X 14 with a piece of the net from when Pittsburgh lost in the finals to Detroit. Patrick Roy autographed 12 X 16. A couple of autographed Bobby Orr pieces, and I think an autographed Gretzky 8 X 10 all star picture.

Got a Muhammad Ali autographed boxing glove all framed up. An exact replica WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt with Hulk Hogan's signature (The winged belt from when Bret Hart was champion). Autographed 16 X 20 Hogan and Ric Flair picture, and a signed picture of GSP holding up the belt after he defeated Jon Fitch and it has a signed glove in it.

I'm sure there's probably more I can't even remember, but by and large, I think that's most of the big stuff.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#10 » by Geddy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:08 am

Don't really have anything significant aside from baseball cards. I think I have a few sets of those team cards that they used to give out at fire stations.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
satyr9
Assistant Coach
And1: 563

Post#11 » by satyr9 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:I have Tilson Brito in a display case in my basement.

Good for him. I heard he was looking for cheap housing.
torontoaces04
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#12 » by torontoaces04 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:37 pm

I've got a ball signed by Roy Halladay and AJ Burnett.

Please, hold the applause.
uniballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,081

Post#13 » by uniballer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:07 am

-I have a piece of the old astro truf they were selling from the championship team.
-last year after Gose caught a fly ball he threw it to me while running into the dugout.
-have a reed johnson and Vernon wells autographed baseball
Credit to the great TZ

Return to Toronto Blue Jays