ImageImageImageImageImage

The Boys In Blue (Plan)

Moderator: JaysRule15

kavan
General Manager
And1: 89

The Boys In Blue (Plan) 

Post#1 » by kavan » Tue Dec 9, 2014 7:15 pm

So, Here is an option... this would be a happy medium, all though I would love for AA to blow this one out of the water this off season (Again).

Dino+Goins = for 2B or an ARM in the pen. (If they want Goins)

Thole Backs up.
Sign Muni for back up Glove

Depending what you get from the trade sign Dustin, Morrow and Jensen even Santos to spring training invite contracts. They may just find their way.

Ideally I would love to go after Jed Lowrie and use the Dino/Goins for an ARM.

Then your pitching battles follows:

RA
Mark
Stro
Hutch
Sanchez/Estrada/Norris heck even Morrow or Ricky

Of those if you have 2 or 3 that have great spring they can fill the long relief roll in the pen, along with Santos, Jensen, Dustin fighting for the Setup/Closer rolls.

I wouldn't be so disappointed with that, I think if we can Add Jed, move Dino (He probably will not have a season like last year again) kind of a sell high on him.

If all else fails and we dont have a solid arm in the PEN, I put Sanchez there to work the 8th and maybe even the 9th like BJ Ryan use to for the O's before we gave him an amazing retirement cheque.

Any thoughts? I think AA will look for the most cost effective options and giving guys second chances usually comes cheapest, I dont hear any of those guys on our teams names mentioned for offers. They all had really big lows and could be all apart of AA plan to hang them out to dry as long as he can and then give them an option for a try out again.
Raptors, Leafs, Jays. #Toronto
torontoaces04
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: The Boys In Blue (Plan) 

Post#2 » by torontoaces04 » Tue Dec 9, 2014 7:18 pm

This belongs in the off-season thread, or trade ideas. Most certainly, it does not belong in it's own thread.

Lock 'er up.
kavan
General Manager
And1: 89

Post#3 » by kavan » Tue Dec 9, 2014 7:19 pm

torontoaces04 wrote:This belongs in the off-season thread, or trade ideas. Most certainly, it does not belong in it's own thread.

Lock 'er up.

Thanks for such detailed insight and thought process. And1 for you :)
Raptors, Leafs, Jays. #Toronto
Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

Post#4 » by Santoki » Tue Dec 9, 2014 8:46 pm

kavan wrote:
torontoaces04 wrote:This belongs in the off-season thread, or trade ideas. Most certainly, it does not belong in it's own thread.

Lock 'er up.

Thanks for such detailed insight and thought process. And1 for you :)

But seriously, this isn't the Raptors board. Just put it in the offseason thread. People will still see your ideas.
FrankGrimes
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#5 » by FrankGrimes » Tue Dec 9, 2014 9:15 pm

romero is toast. I wouldn't count on him for anything more than a small spring training story on a slow news day. the jays might as well tell him to stay home like they did with bj ryan.

santos was a hot mess and was bought out for 75k instead of paying him his option of 6 millie. he's had arm issues every year with the jays and couldn't pitch his way out of little league roster in 2014. unless he signs a minimum contract with a token invite to spring training, I doubt he'll be back in Toronto.

McGowan's 4 millie option was declined but I would not be surprised to see him come back for a cheaper deal. as long as he doesn't continue to harbour delusions of being starter, he could be a nice 7th inning type guy.

morrow is destined for a 1 year deal with incentives to try to parlay that into a multi-year deal. this is a nice buy low for the jays but the injury history will ultimately see him with another team. his last "full" season was 2012 and even then he was good for only 21 starts.

casey janssen isn't coming back. he'll latch on as a set up guy at best elsewhere. talking **** about the team at the deadline sealed his fate with Toronto. at least he got a wife out of it all.

chad Jenkins looks like he's ready for a bigger role with the team and should be a good bet to make the bullpen in 2015.

cecil, loup, Jenkins, Redmond, delabar, Rasmussen, drabek, Hendriks. that's 8 current names for 7 spots. this doesn't even include Estrada whom gibbons has hinted on twitter to have a shot at closing. names like stilson and korecky. stilson's always had good stuff and was on a fast track to the majors before shoulder problems and korecky was the bisons' mvp this summer. that's 10 names now. clearly the jays are looking for upgrades but I think AA will try to keep the cost down or trade for his favourite type of player: young and controllable.

sign gregerson/motte and resign mcgowan. I would guess you can sign all 3 for less than Robertson money. here's the 7 man pen:

cecil
gregerson
motte
Estrada
mcgowan
loup
Jenkins

depth: delabar/Rasmussen/Redmond/drabek/tolleson
lacking mlb experience: stilson, korecky

plan the parade.
FrankGrimes
Sophomore