ST: Angels vs Jays - May 18-21

Moderator: JaysRule15

Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Re: ST: Angels vs Jays - May 18-21 

Post#581 » by Illuminati_ » Fri May 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
s e n s i wrote:i will bid a healthy sum on attending a game with sid seixeiro and tim micallef (and osmak and that goof ken reid) if someone donates twice the amount to my personal fund for the suffering i will endure during that experience

That experience would become much more valuable without Reid or Seixeiro.

If he went through with the prior surgery wasnt sanders gonna be out till july anyways?

I have no idea why he would remove his meniscus and possibly create issues later on in life.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,625

Re: Re: ST: Angels vs Jays - May 18-21 

Post#582 » by Fairview4Life » Fri May 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Sifu wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:
Nights King wrote:I am more than Dickey and Walker because I have no emotional investment in how Dickey does. I don't need to make myself feel better by pretending I suck because of mechanical glitches that can be fixed, admitting that i'm getting old and can't throw as hard isn't hard for me

I'd be happy to have a discussion on how "adjustments" and mechanical changes are overrated but not with someone whose sole purpose is to be a dick

We're all terrible and deserve nothing but misery. Still: stop picking fights.

Also: everyone stop picking fights. Stop being awful just this once.

I propose we petition Real GM to add a And1-Dick button.

I guarantee every dude here would click it just to see if it really worked. Even knowing that would be ridiculous.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Nights King
Banned User
And1: 113

Re: ST: Angels vs Jays - May 18-21 

Post#583 » by Nights King » Fri May 22, 2015 6:52 pm

BigLeagueChew wrote:Steamer projections had Dickey near a 4.3 FIP this season and it was at 5.8 before this game. That seems more like he was doing something wrong then any variance. His pitches weren't knuckling enough and strikeouts were down.

I wasn't using variance to explain his overall season numbers, its pretty clear there's a decline and its not because he's doing anything "wrong", he's just getting old and can't throw as hard. That's far more likely than mechanical problems because the velocity on his knuckleball has been declining steadily for years, this year it probably hit a threshold to the point where it just doesn't work.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays