ImageImageImageImageImage

ST: Phillies vs Jays July 28-29

Moderator: JaysRule15

wazabifuzz
Starter
And1: 599

Re: ST: Phillies vs Jays July 28-29 

Post#421 » by wazabifuzz » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:38 am

wow ... i didn't see the game, but the highlights of the game was all Tulo ... crazy.
and we got him for Reyes ????
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,625

Post#422 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:40 am

wazabifuzz wrote:wow ... i didn't see the game, but the highlights of the game was all Tulo ... crazy.

Yup, and nothing else! At least, that's the story we will tell ourselves in 5 years.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#423 » by Schad » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am

Fairview4Life wrote:
wazabifuzz wrote:wow ... i didn't see the game, but the highlights of the game was all Tulo ... crazy.

Yup, and nothing else! At least, that's the story we will tell ourselves in 5 years.

That plus Miguel Cairo and Nate Huffman.
**** your asterisk.
BigLeagueChew
RealGM
And1: 4,088

Post#424 » by BigLeagueChew » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:14 am

Glad the Jays players decided to like RA Dickey tonight and score some runs.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,499

Post#425 » by dagger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:20 am

Schad wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

That plus Miguel Cairo and Nate Huffman.

Nate Huffman might have been the Randy Johnson of Israeli baseball if he could have thrown one.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Sifu
Veteran
And1: 1,005

Re: Re: ST: Phillies vs Jays July 28-29 

Post#426 » by Sifu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:27 am

Santoki wrote:
DonYon wrote:it's days like these where I regret cancelling cable TV

If you're a huge sports fan you have to have cable. It's the only reason I still do.

Get MLB TV. Way better and cheaper than cable. MLB has a great online product. Miles ahead of nba.
Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

Post#427 » by Santoki » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:35 am

Sifu wrote:
Santoki wrote:
DonYon wrote:it's days like these where I regret cancelling cable TV

If you're a huge sports fan you have to have cable. It's the only reason I still do.

Get MLB TV. Way better and cheaper than cable. MLB has a great online product. Miles ahead of nba.

That doesn't solve it for me when I also watch the Raptors, four NFL games a week plus soccer on the weekends. Throw in the fact that streams just aren't as reliable and add up subscription costs of all the different sports and you really don't end up that much further ahead so I just stick with the reliability and convenience of cable.
Sifu
Veteran
And1: 1,005

Re: Re: ST: Phillies vs Jays July 28-29 

Post#428 » by Sifu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:47 am

Santoki wrote:
That doesn't solve it for me when I also watch the Raptors, four NFL games a week plus soccer on the weekends. Throw in the fact that streams just aren't as reliable and add up subscription costs of all the different sports and you really don't end up that much further ahead so I just stick with the reliability and convenience of cable.

Fair enough. The only sports i watch are baseball and basketball. So, MLB
TV and ballstreams has been superb. I get to watch far more games too.

Mlb TV is probably the most elite product I have seen so far. The quality of it is incredible and is much better than even ballstreams by far.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,132

Post#429 » by duppyy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:09 pm

I don't watch cable but pay for it. I like the fact that I can stream Sportsnet/Blue Jays games on the rogersondemand site. So I watch all my jays games on my computer.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#430 » by Kevin Willis » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Yesterday was jock night because we finally provided Dickey with some support.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
joshgc
Veteran
And1: 5,457

Post#431 » by joshgc » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:13 pm

duppyy wrote:I don't watch cable but pay for it. I like the fact that I can stream Sportsnet/Blue Jays games on the rogersondemand site. So I watch all my jays games on my computer.

This is what I do, and you can watch games on your phone too.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,401

Post#432 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:38 pm

Orioles making a run for the division lead. **** that team. I really don't understand how they keep finding ways to win every year.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#433 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:40 pm

joshgc wrote:
duppyy wrote:I don't watch cable but pay for it. I like the fact that I can stream Sportsnet/Blue Jays games on the rogersondemand site. So I watch all my jays games on my computer.

MLB TV lets you stream on your computer, phone/tablet, and smart TV, all for a one time payment of $120. It's $100 if you only want to steam on your computer.

That's a MONTHLY cable bill for most people.
Santoki
General Manager

Post#434 » by Santoki » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
joshgc wrote:

MLB TV lets you stream on your computer, phone/tablet, and smart TV, all for a one time payment of $120. It's $100 if you only want to steam on your computer.

If you only watch the one sport or even two it's worth it (depending on the sport). On top of that you have to keep in mind that you need an upgraded Internet plan to allow you to stream that many games without worrying about cap issues.

The problem comes when you watch all sports including hockey, basketball, football and soccer. Add up all those subscriptions and add in the fact that you may want to watch multiple games/sports at the same time and you can see why cable isn't that much more expensive. Granted if you're paying $120/mth for cable you're getting robbed. I'm paying $60/mth which includes all sportsnet and tsn channels. It doesn't include BEIN or NFL package but there are more than enough local games to watch.

Plus I'm older now and value the convenience of cable. I'm willing to pay a bit more to not have to worry about internet outages or wonky streams etc.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#435 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Santoki wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
joshgc wrote:

If you only watch the one sport or even two it's worth it (depending on the sport). On top of that you have to keep in mind that you need an upgraded Internet plan to allow you to stream that many games without worrying about cap issues.

The problem comes when you watch all sports including hockey, basketball, football and soccer. Add up all those subscriptions and add in the fact that you may want to watch multiple games/sports at the same time and you can see why cable isn't that much more expensive. Granted if you're paying $120/mth for cable you're getting robbed. I'm paying $60/mth which includes all sportsnet and tsn channels. It doesn't include BEIN or NFL package but there are more than enough local games to watch.

Plus I'm older now and value the convenience of cable. I'm willing to pay a bit more to not have to worry about internet outages or wonky streams etc.

At $60 a month, you're still paying $720 a year. Even with streaming services for all 4 major NA sports, you're only looking at $400-500 a year.

Unlimited internet packages are only expensive with Bell and Rogers. I pay $50 a month with Distributel.

It does suck for international sports though because most of their streaming services are not available in Canada.
Santoki
General Manager

Post#436 » by Santoki » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Santoki wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:MLB TV lets you stream on your computer, phone/tablet, and smart TV, all for a one time payment of $120. It's $100 if you only want to steam on your computer.

At $60 a month, you're still paying $720 a year. Even with streaming services for all 4 major NA sports, you're only looking at $400-500 a year.

Unlimited internet packages are only expensive with Bell and Rogers. I pay $50 a month with Distributel.

It does suck for international sports though because most of their streaming services are not available in Canada.

Exactly, plus I'm okay spending an extra $10-$15/mth on the convenience of cable. I definitely need soccer in my life. It's my favourite sport. But, I can totally see how someone who doesn't have my exact needs would ditch cable. I'm praying for the day I can too trust me!
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#437 » by Boogie! » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:10 pm

these trades make me wanna go out and buy the show 15 now and run ****.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays