ImageImageImageImageImage

Openly Gay Player in MLB system

Moderator: JaysRule15

spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,989

Re: Openly Gay Player in MLB system 

Post#21 » by spikeslovechild » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:01 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:You find it so hard to care that you've made how many posts about this topic now?

Maybe, just maybe, no one actually cares that you personally don't care. Maybe, just maybe, it's important to other people and not you. Crazy, I know.

Of course, they care that I don't care infact the article mentioned specifically why everyone should care I think it was something to effect if this doesn't matter you -- you are a bigot WASP who secretly hates gays.

In any case you are right on one thing, I've spent way too much time discussing a subject wholly unimportant to me.
yodamaster
Veteran
And1: 2,629

Post#22 » by yodamaster » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:32 am

good for him. yawn. let's move onto next subject. he's not even in MLB, yet.
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Post#23 » by North_of_Border » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:14 am

When will Brett come out..... You know Brett.... Rite?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,812

Post#24 » by Duffman100 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:50 pm

yodamaster wrote:good for him. yawn. let's move onto next subject. he's not even in MLB, yet.

I find it obnoxious that people can't be supportive of something that doesn't directly effect them.

We get it, it doesn't change your life. But it changes other people's lives.

If you truly don't care, then don't comment on it.
yodamaster
Veteran
And1: 2,629

Post#25 » by yodamaster » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:19 am

Duffman100 wrote:
yodamaster wrote:good for him. yawn. let's move onto next subject. he's not even in MLB, yet.

I find it obnoxious that people can't be supportive of something that doesn't directly effect them.

not sure it does beyond his own.

i'm not ripping on the dude, i don't think it's worth a news headline in this day and age, at least someone who's not in MLB.

good for him, michael sam, handful of soccer players, jason collins, billy bean, navratilova, and anyone else courageous enough to come out of the closet.

still doesn't change my opinon that this (his coming out at this time, at this point in his career) is not newsworthy.

it's my prerogative to comment on a forum topic of my choosing.
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Post#26 » by Skin Blues » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:10 am

yodamaster wrote:still doesn't change my opinon that this (his coming out at this time, at this point in his career) is not newsworthy.

it's my prerogative to comment on a forum topic of my choosing.

Everybody is free to be as ignorant as they want to be, that's the beauty of the internet. To the thousands of gay kids playing baseball, it probably means a lot to see somebody in professional baseball come out as gay while still an active player. Makes it easier for the next guy, and the next guy after him, etc.
ldnk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,522

Post#27 » by ldnk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:29 am

I think the stuff is great in terms of inclusivity in sports. What really needs to happen is a good player needs to come out and continue to perform well. As nice as it has been for someone like Michael Sam to come out, he's been a pretty big diva when it comes to sports flaming out with both the NFL and CFL. Obviously he has some personal issues going on but it doesn't help to break those barriers when a guy flames out and can't cut it on the field.

Looking at David Denson's performance so far (admittedly as only a 20 year old) he looks to be a long-shot to make the Majors. I wish something like sexual orientation really was a 'yawn, who cares' topic but it won't become one until it actually just isn't a rarity in sports.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,812

Post#28 » by Duffman100 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:04 pm

yodamaster wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

not sure it does beyond his own.

i'm not ripping on the dude, i don't think it's worth a news headline in this day and age, at least someone who's not in MLB.

still doesn't change my opinon that this (his coming out at this time, at this point in his career) is not newsworthy.

Except that you're very wrong about these statements.

It does effect people outside of him and it is newsworthy. Step outside of your bubble and view the world from a different angle.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays