ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoff Roster Set (Pg 4)

Moderator: JaysRule15

BK55
Sophomore
And1: 209

Playoff Roster Set (Pg 4) 

Post#1 » by BK55 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:52 pm

What do you all think it will look like? Who gets left off? Who is the 4th starter?

Here is my opinion:

1. Jose
2. Pillar
3. Revere
4. Donaldson
5. Tulo (if healthy) if not Kawa gets this spot
6. Goins
7. Smoak
8. Russ
9. Edwin
10. Pennington
11. Bello
12. Pompey (has to be Carrera or Pompey - I think Pompey's speed gets him this spot)
13. Navarro
14. Price
15. Dickey
16. Stroman
17. Osuana
18. Lowe
19. Cecil
20. Sanchez
21. Hawkins
22. Estrada
23. Hendriks
24. Loup - I dont love Loup but you need lefties in the pen
25. Buehrle (I dont see how you start MB over Estrada - I also don't see how you leave him off the roster, could he come out of the bullpen though???)

Whats everyone's thoughts?
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,146

Re: Playoff Roster 

Post#2 » by xAIRNESSx » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:43 am

Mine is basically the same as yours, but I took Carrera instead of Buerhle. You could make the case for either and I'm probably good either way.

Revere
Donaldson
Bautista
Encarnacion
Tulowitzki
Smoak
Russell Martin
Pillar
Goins

Pennington
Colabello
Pompey
Navarro
Carrera

Price
Stroman
Dickey
Estrada

Osuna
Cecil
Sanchez
Lowe
Hawkins
Loup
Hendricks
Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

Post#3 » by Santoki » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:05 am

What happens with injuries in the playoffs? I'm assuming you can add a guy if the other is removed for the remainder of the playoffs (maybe the series?).
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,323

Post#4 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:16 am

Santoki wrote:What happens with injuries in the playoffs? I'm assuming you can add a guy if the other is removed for the remainder of the playoffs (maybe the series?).

Yes, you can add a guy and the injured player won't be available to play for the rest of the series or the next one after that.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
kayliecee
Veteran
And1: 3,505

Post#5 » by kayliecee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:52 am

Am I wrong? Can't you set a new roster for each series? And might we want to see who we are playing before we set the roster?
John Gibbons: "I have to do what's best for these guys and not what some bozo on RealGM thinks." (Paraphrasing)
Tyrone Slothrop
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,203

Playoff Roster 

Post#6 » by Tyrone Slothrop » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:23 am

kayliecee wrote:Am I wrong? Can't you set a new roster for each series? And might we want to see who we are playing before we set the roster?

You are not wrong. If we are playing the Yankees I bet we have Loup and Buehrle. Otherwise, not sure who gets the final 3 spots between Loup Buehrle, Carerra, and Pompey.
Santoki
General Manager

Post#7 » by Santoki » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:25 am

kayliecee wrote:Am I wrong? Can't you set a new roster for each series? And might we want to see who we are playing before we set the roster?

That was my next question. I'm assuming you get to set the roster after the wildcard game has been played, right?
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Post#8 » by Skin Blues » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Santoki wrote:What happens with injuries in the playoffs? I'm assuming you can add a guy if the other is removed for the remainder of the playoffs (maybe the series?).

Yes, you can add a guy and the injured player won't be available to play for the rest of the series or the next one after that.

Is that really how it works? You have to miss the following series as well if you're replaced for an injury? I guess that removes the sneakiness of having a pitcher throw one game and then coming down with an "injury". You can tell I haven't been deeply invested in MLB playoffs for quite a while...
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,323

Post#9 » by Randle McMurphy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Skin Blues wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Is that really how it works? You have to miss the following series as well if you're replaced for an injury? I guess that removes the sneakiness of having a pitcher throw one game and then coming down with an "injury". You can tell I haven't been deeply invested in MLB playoffs for quite a while...

Yep:

(4) Replacements for Injured Players During a Series. A Club may request permission from the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee to replace on the Club’s active roster for the remainder of a post-season series a player who is unable to render service in such post-season series because of a specific injury or ailment that occurred after the Club’s roster for such series had been submitted, provided that the Club submits written proof of the disability to the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee. The Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee may approve or disapprove a request for a roster substitution and may make whatever investigation the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee deems appropriate in exercising such discretion. The Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee’s exercise of discretion may include disapproval of the request for a roster substitution if the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee determines that the request was not made in a reasonable amount of time in advance of a game to allow for investigation of the facts and circumstances. If the Commissioner or the Commissioner’s designee gives express approval for the substitution,

(A) the player added to the roster must also be an eligible player pursuant to Rule 40(a)(1) or Rules 40(a)(3)(E) through (G);

(B) a pitcher may be replaced only by a pitcher and a player other than a pitcher may be replaced only by a player other than a pitcher; and

(C) the injured player being replaced shall be ineligible to play for the remainder of such series, as well as the next subsequent post-season series that year.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,593

Post#10 » by HangTime » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Starting Rotation, in this order:
Price, L
Stroman, R
Estrada, R
Dickey, R

Bullpen:
Osuna, R
Cecil, L
Hawkins, R
Lowe, R
Hendricks, R
Buehrle, L, (long man/ 1 or 2 innings/ might be the best for the himself and the team)
Sanchez , R

Starters:
Revere, L
Donaldson, R
Bautista, R
Encarnacion, R
Tulowitzki, R
Smaok, S
Martin, R
Goins, L
Pillar, R

Bench:
Colabello, R
Navarro, S
Pennington, S
Pompey, S
Carrera, L
Santoki
General Manager

Post#11 » by Santoki » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:13 pm

I can't see a way that Dickey is put into the rotation and doesn't pitch Game 2 in a closed dome. His home/road splits have improved over the second half but he's still much better at the dome. I'd actually prefer an amped up Stroman on the road in Game 3 (to hopefully close it out). I think you think about Estrada in a potential ALCS but other than that I don't see him getting a start over Dickey or Stroman.
TBRunGood
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#12 » by TBRunGood » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:12 am

I have Buerhle as my second lefty/loogy, sorry Loup

1. Revere
2. Donaldson
3. Bautista
4. Encarnacion
5. Tulo
6. Smoak
7. Martin
8. Pillar
9. Goins
10. Price
11. Stroman
12. Dickey
13. Estrada
14. Colabello
15. Pennington
16. Pompey
17. Navarro
18. Carrera
19. Osuna
20. Sanchez
21. Lowe
22. Cecil
23. Hawkins
24. Buerhle
25. Hendricks
qwikdraw
Junior
And1: 237

Post#13 » by qwikdraw » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:18 am

I think you leave Carrera off and take both buerhle and loup
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#14 » by IMAN5 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:24 pm

I'm more curious who you guys are leaving out. Who has been left out from the lists people have posted? I can't recall every player off the top of my head.
instagram.com/510movement
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#15 » by CrookedJ » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:35 pm

IMAN5 wrote:I'm more curious who you guys are leaving out. Who has been left out from the lists people have posted? I can't recall every player off the top of my head.

The basic choice is that we can have 3 of these 4:

Loup
Buerhle
Carrera
Pompey

I'm for leaving out Carrera, having three lefties in the pen.

Carrera and Pompey = both primarily usable as pinch runners. Carrera a better hitter but Pompey better runner and fielder. Carrera has been the pinch hit choice but I don't see it as a great option really. Pompey, Navarro, Pennington are all switch hitters so we still have lefty bat options without Carrera.

Carrera was already DFA'd once this season.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#16 » by IMAN5 » Thu Oct 1, 2015 1:12 pm

CrookedJ wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:I'm more curious who you guys are leaving out. Who has been left out from the lists people have posted? I can't recall every player off the top of my head.

The basic choice is that we can have 3 of these 4:

Loup
Buerhle
Carrera
Pompey

I'm for leaving out Carrera, having three lefties in the pen.

Carrera and Pompey = both primarily usable as pinch runners. Carrera a better hitter but Pompey better runner and fielder. Carrera has been the pinch hit choice but I don't see it as a great option really. Pompey, Navarro, Pennington are all switch hitters so we still have lefty bat options without Carrera.

Carrera was already DFA'd once this season.

Gotcha. I agree with that pick. I think most of the main lineup has guys who are already generally fast runners (Pillar, Revere, Donaldson, Goins) and then most guys can hold their own. With probably Edwin and Navarro (if playing) as the slowest guys I think Pompey should be good enough to pinch run if needed. Carrera would be more of a luxury than a need.
instagram.com/510movement
U_Mad
Senior
And1: 83

Post#17 » by U_Mad » Thu Oct 1, 2015 2:13 pm

I think there is no way that you leave Buehrle off of the roster. He has too much experience, is too reliable and has won a WS. Hes hust the type of long inning relief starter you need to make a deep run.
BK55
Sophomore
And1: 209

Post#18 » by BK55 » Thu Oct 1, 2015 2:25 pm

U_Mad wrote:I think there is no way that you leave Buehrle off of the roster. He has too much experience, is too reliable and has won a WS. Hes hust the type of long inning relief starter you need to make a deep run.

I think we might see Buehrle left off the ALDS roster and replace with maybe Kawa. If Tulo has a set back you need a 4th middle infielder. Plus in a five game series not likely to need Burhrle. Id be super shocked if he wasn't on the ALCS and WS roster but I see the argument against leaving him off.

Question: If he is not rostered can he still be in the dugout?
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#19 » by CrookedJ » Thu Oct 1, 2015 4:00 pm

I think that base running gaff by Carrera was a bad move for his chances of playing in the playoffs.
kingcns187
Senior
And1: 648

Post#20 » by kingcns187 » Thu Oct 1, 2015 6:47 pm

Buerhle is on the roster 100% you don't leave a WS champion Vet of the roster. He will be used as long relief if any of our starters shi*s the bag early on.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays