ImageImageImageImageImage

Can we talk about Marcus Stroman?

Moderator: JaysRule15

Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Re: Can we talk about Marcus Stroman? 

Post#101 » by Wo1verine » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Radical move not the answer to fix struggling Stroman, Says Wilner.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/radical-move-not-answer-blue-jays-fix-struggling-stroman/
BrunoSkull
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,132

Post#102 » by duppyy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:19 pm

Seems like Jays are cursed. Whenever we name our Ace pitcher something bad happens (except for dickey I guess).
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#103 » by LLJ » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Skin Blues wrote:I'm just amazed he was able to grow 6 inches the past few years when he was one of the best pitchers inn the league, and then somehow shrunk down to his current size.

Every loss seems to make him shorter

akakalakin
Sixth Man
And1: 245

Post#104 » by akakalakin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:48 pm

The height thing might be a disadvantage but not the reason for his problems.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#105 » by C Court » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Another mediocre outing for Stroman. Seems like after his first full season (14 & part of 15) the American League has figured him out in 2016. Jays can't keep trotting him out every fifth day.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#106 » by Throwback24 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:39 pm

He's getting smoked by everyone he faces
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
C Court
RealGM

Post#107 » by C Court » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:09 am

Turn these upside down and our ace is at or near the top.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rusicsn590/status/747238152184692736[/tweet]
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,003

Post#108 » by GameChannel » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:50 pm

AAA awaits, Marcus. I am surprised Gibby's leash has been this long with him. Was totally expecting some sort of a move by now. Marcus' slump couldn't have come at a worst time. It is coinciding with Estrada looking a little shaky lately, Happ had a very Happ-of-old like start his last outing and Dickey being Dickey.. While the bats have started heating up, the rotation has started showing signs of concern..
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#109 » by The_Hater » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:15 pm

GameChannel wrote:AAA awaits, Marcus. I am surprised Gibby's leash has been this long with him. Was totally expecting some sort of a move by now. Marcus' slump couldn't have come at a worst time. It is coinciding with Estrada looking a little shaky lately, Happ had a very Happ-of-old like start his last outing and Dickey being Dickey.. While the bats have started heating up, the rotation has started showing signs of concern..

Gibby has an exceptionally long leash. That's usually one of his virtues IMO because fans generally overreact to small sample sizes. This is no longer a small sample size for Stroman.

Not sure how shaky Estrada has looked lately considering he's still in the midst of a major league record for consecutive starts with 6+ innings and fewer than 5 hits.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
C Court
RealGM

Post#110 » by C Court » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:06 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MStrooo6/status/747496851205545987[/tweet]
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,317

Post#111 » by Randle McMurphy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:47 pm

GameChannel wrote:AAA awaits, Marcus. I am surprised Gibby's leash has been this long with him. Was totally expecting some sort of a move by now. Marcus' slump couldn't have come at a worst time. It is coinciding with Estrada looking a little shaky lately, Happ had a very Happ-of-old like start his last outing and Dickey being Dickey.. While the bats have started heating up, the rotation has started showing signs of concern..

Gibbons is not the one who would make this kind of decision. That would be management.

Also....Estrada has looked shaky? He hasn't allowed over 4 hits or 3 runs in a start in a month and a half. I'm not sure he's even capable of pitching any better than this.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#112 » by Boogie! » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:43 am

how long before i burn my stroman jersey.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#113 » by LLJ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:55 pm

Boogie! wrote:how long before i burn my stroman jersey.

Never invest too much on a pitcher. Most volatile position in sports
EastBayBoy
Senior
And1: 618

Post#114 » by EastBayBoy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Boogie! wrote:how long before i burn my stroman jersey.

I wanted to buy the 2016 Canada day jersey, they look so clean. I already have a Donaldson jersey, iffy on investing in a Bats or EE as they might be gone next year. Not sure who to get. Might have to go with a Pillar, his superman persona out in CF has really made me fan.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#115 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Not sure if this is off topic. I was talking to a co-worker and they suggested a Stroman for Felix Hernandez. I think The Mariners would be the firsts to say no. Hear me out first, Stro is a very, very good pitcher and is under control for the next 5 seasons but Felix is a true ace in my opinion and easily a top 10 pitcher in the league where Stroman is in that 15 range. I think Toronto would have to add in pieces but I don't see what they could add. Shame that we traded d'Arnaud and Noah Syndergaard for him.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#116 » by Boogie! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Not sure if this is off topic. I was talking to a co-worker and they suggested a Stroman for Felix Hernandez. I think The Mariners would be the firsts to say no. Hear me out first, Stro is a very, very good pitcher and is under control for the next 5 seasons but Felix is a true ace in my opinion and easily a top 10 pitcher in the league where Stroman is in that 15 range. I think Toronto would have to add in pieces but I don't see what they could add. Shame that we traded d'Arnaud and Noah Syndergaard for him.

what? stroman has been hot garbage over 2 months, why would seattle give up an ace for that?
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Post#117 » by Skin Blues » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Boogie! wrote:what? stroman has been hot garbage over 2 months, why would seattle give up an ace for that?

Because their ace is on the wrong side of 30, has 2300+ innings on his arm, is putting up by far the worst xFIP/SIERA of his career which are considerably worse than anything Stroman has done in his 3 years in the majors (caused by the King's lowest K% and highest BB% he's ever posted, along with injury concerns), and has a contract that pays him $79M over the next three seasons. Compared to Stroman who will cost a fraction of that for the next 4 seasons, all of which will be completed before he even has his 30th birthday. Seattle would be crazy to turn down a Stroman for Felix offer, and we'd be just as crazy to make the offer in the first place.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#118 » by johanliebert » Fri Jul 1, 2016 3:17 pm

Skin Blues wrote:
Boogie! wrote:what? stroman has been hot garbage over 2 months, why would seattle give up an ace for that?

Because their ace is on the wrong side of 30, has 2300+ innings on his arm, is putting up by far the worst xFIP/SIERA of his career which are considerably worse than anything Stroman has done in his 3 years in the majors (caused by the King's lowest K% and highest BB% he's ever posted, along with injury concerns), and has a contract that pays him $79M over the next three seasons. Compared to Stroman who will cost a fraction of that for the next 4 seasons, all of which will be completed before he even has his 30th birthday. Seattle would be crazy to turn down a Stroman for Felix offer, and we'd be just as crazy to make the offer in the first place.

What has stroman done to warrant any value? Hes never pitched a full season nobody knows what he really is yet.

If stroman is a starting point for felix than every team had a chance lmao.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#119 » by Schad » Fri Jul 1, 2016 4:59 pm

johanliebert wrote:What has stroman done to warrant any value? Hes never pitched a full season nobody knows what he really is yet.

If stroman is a starting point for felix than every team had a chance lmao.

Every team does have a chance (within the confines of his no-trade clause, at least). Hernandez isn't an elite trade piece anymore...he has over $90m remaining on his contract, his stuff is declining quickly (there is next to no separation between his fastball and change-up now), and he has a million miles on his arm. I wouldn't want to be the team taking him on for much less than Stroman.
**** your asterisk.
C Court
RealGM

Post#120 » by C Court » Fri Jul 1, 2016 7:27 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jessebarfield29/status/748958906798317568[/tweet]

Return to Toronto Blue Jays