ImageImageImageImageImage

What does a Jays firesale look like?

Moderators: Rhettmatic, Alfred, Schad

Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,923
Location: I am not, and never have been, a member of the Communist bandwagon

Re: What does a Jays firesale look like? 

Post#101 » by Schad » Sat May 6, 2017 6:42 pm

I'd do it because I really want to see the Red Sox payroll get so unwieldy that they start to lose people, and it's not far from that now. Dombrowski might not do it for that reason, as it would be the payroll bomb to end all payroll bombs (they'd have Sale, Donaldson and Kimbrel hitting FA simultaneously, plus a host of their youngsters getting deep into the arb system), but it'd be fun to watch.
Violence is almost never the solution. Unless the problem is Nazis.
Kinger95
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#102 » by Kinger95 » Mon May 8, 2017 12:40 am

Donaldson and Estrada to Boston for benintendi and devers
BramptonYute
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,609

Post#103 » by BramptonYute » Thu May 11, 2017 12:08 am

im starting to think only estrada, donaldson and pillar get you something significant
North_of_Border
Junior
And1: 140

Re: RE: Re: What does a Jays firesale look like? 

Post#104 » by North_of_Border » Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 am

BramptonYute wrote:im starting to think only estrada, donaldson and pillar get you something significant

I honestly would test the market on Sanchez & Osuna. If the Jays rebuild go all in. Sanchez is gonna bolt at first chance because of Boras. Osuna is not gonna start at this point plus he has injury risk.

Of course you don't give these guys away. They are young controlable studs with huge potential. So you test to see if someone over pays. I mean a huge huge special return.
North_of_Border
Junior

Post#105 » by North_of_Border » Thu May 11, 2017 10:42 pm

When the Jays started slow, I thought if they decide to rebuild, Shapiro has a goldmine of veterans to deal. Jays could cash in big time.

Though now. The only veterans I see bringing in a significant return are Estrada, Donaldson, Pillar, Happ.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app
BramptonYute
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,609

Post#106 » by BramptonYute » Thu May 18, 2017 7:08 pm

The Washington Nationals’ desperate need for a closer has led them to internally consider various possibilities, including acquiring Toronto Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna, according to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/report-blue-jays-osuna-among-closer-options-nationals-radar/
Schad
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,923
Location: I am not, and never have been, a member of the Communist bandwagon

Post#107 » by Schad » Thu May 18, 2017 7:53 pm

BramptonYute wrote:
The Washington Nationals’ desperate need for a closer has led them to internally consider various possibilities, including acquiring Toronto Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna, according to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/report-blue-jays-osuna-among-closer-options-nationals-radar/

Their farm system isn't all that great anymore, but I'd take a deal involving Erick Fedde and Juan Soto.
Violence is almost never the solution. Unless the problem is Nazis.
North_of_Border
Junior

Re: RE: Re: What does a Jays firesale look like? 

Post#108 » by North_of_Border » Thu May 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Schad wrote:
BramptonYute wrote:

Their farm system isn't all that great anymore, but I'd take a deal involving Erick Fedde and Juan Soto.

lol. Ur rite.

Had this happened at an earlier time it, the Jays would have been like a kid in a candy store. The Nationals were loaded in the farm and obviously willing to deal good pieces.

Look at what CWS got for Eaton. Osuna would gave gotten something comparable.

Oh well.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays