ImageImageImageImageImage

I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21)

Moderators: Rhettmatic, Alfred, Schad

User avatar
SharoneWright
RealGM
Posts: 17,849
And1: 4,278
Joined: Aug 03, 2006
Location: Smoak 2017
     

Re: I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21) 

Post#181 » by SharoneWright » Fri May 19, 2017 2:34 am

LOL. I will always remember where I was the first time in history that in interleague play a catchers and a pitcher went back to back with homeruns… :rocking:
User avatar
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,783
And1: 995
Joined: Aug 11, 2004
Location: Sick Wicked And Nasty

Re: I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21) 

Post#182 » by S.W.A.N » Fri May 19, 2017 2:38 am

Beaning Joey backfired.

I give the umps credit for not warning the teams before the game. Joey deserved to get beaned and once that was out of the way we played ball.
We the North
johanliebert
Pro Prospect
Posts: 817
And1: 348
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
 

Re: I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21) 

Post#183 » by johanliebert » Fri May 19, 2017 3:34 am

S.W.A.N wrote:Beaning Joey backfired.

I give the umps credit for not warning the teams before the game. Joey deserved to get beaned and once that was out of the way we played ball.

Nobody deserves that..that was Teheran fastest pitch in 2 years..joey shud have tossed his bat at that clown.


How come big papa wasn't beaned 30 times a season?
User avatar
jaymeister15
RealGM
Posts: 11,628
And1: 767
Joined: Dec 30, 2003
Location: Ontario

Re: I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21) 

Post#184 » by jaymeister15 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:50 am

Yep, will never understand how someone throwing a bat a bit higher than normal after hitting a homerun justifies and is considered the equivalent to throwing a ball 95 mph at a person. I would, and have, said the same thing about a Jays pitcher throwing at someone...just one of the most ridiculous things in all of sports.

I mean I can't really think of anything similar in other sports. It'd be like if an NHL player celebrated a goal a bit too much, and then had to stand there with no equipment on while the other teams hardest shooter wired a slap shot at him.
User avatar
vaff87
General Manager
Posts: 9,524
And1: 8,833
Joined: Oct 22, 2003
     

Re: I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21) 

Post#185 » by vaff87 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:54 am

jaymeister15 wrote:Yep, will never understand how someone throwing a bat a bit higher than normal after hitting a homerun justifies and is considered the the equivalent to throwing a ball 95 mph at a person. I would, and have, said the same thing about a Jays pitcher throwing at someone...just one of the most ridiculous things in all of sports.


I think without the 7 beanings, Freeman injury, and Pillar being a jackass, this doesn't happen.
User avatar
LLJ
RealGM
Posts: 47,783
And1: 11,187
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Unfixed

Re: I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21) 

Post#186 » by LLJ » Fri May 19, 2017 4:47 pm

It's very annoying that there are so many "unofficial" rules when it comes to MLB pitchers. Can't show him up, can't do this, can't do that. Yet a pitcher can bean someone and then the public will just shrug "it's just payback".

I think Loup breaking someone's hand for 2 months (possibly/probably intentionally) is probably the worst thing a Jay did this week. Pitchers shouldn't be allowed to try to hurt people or "send messages." Ever been hit by a baseball? Those things are **** dangerous, moreso if they are coming at you at 95 mph. Why is it baseball tradition that pitchers allowed to "send a message" in such a dangerous way whenever they feel insulted? How is it that people consider a bat flip where NO ONE GETS HURT even worse? If a pitcher can bean someone whenever he's feeling upset, then by that logic a batter should be able to whack someone with their bat to "send a message" whenever he's feeling upset.

All these old baseball traditions are so backwards.
User avatar
Boogie!
RealGM
Posts: 32,269
And1: 17,187
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!
Contact:
   

Re: I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21) 

Post#187 » by Boogie! » Fri May 19, 2017 5:41 pm

LLJ wrote:It's very annoying that there are so many "unofficial" rules when it comes to MLB pitchers. Can't show him up, can't do this, can't do that. Yet a pitcher can bean someone and then the public will just shrug "it's just payback".

I think Loup breaking someone's hand for 2 months (possibly/probably intentionally) is probably the worst thing a Jay did this week. Pitchers shouldn't be allowed to try to hurt people or "send messages." Ever been hit by a baseball? Those things are **** dangerous, moreso if they are coming at you at 95 mph. Why is it baseball tradition that pitchers allowed to "send a message" in such a dangerous way whenever they feel insulted? How is it that people consider a bat flip where NO ONE GETS HURT even worse? If a pitcher can bean someone whenever he's feeling upset, then by that logic a batter should be able to whack someone with their bat to "send a message" whenever he's feeling upset.

All these old baseball traditions are so backwards.


when its obvious guys do that intentionally they should be ejected on the spot, especially when the ump knows the history... warning should be given before the game, stupid to let them hit a guy on purpose, THEN warn both teams AFTER. meaning if other team does something in response, theyre the ones now punished. stupid ****. also tired of hearing announcers justifying "let the players deal with it."
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1qnw41Mj4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to Toronto Blue Jays