ImageImageImage

Bryce Harper named to the All-Star Game, 2012

Moderator: Rafael122

Hamyltowne
Banned User
And1: 53

Bryce Harper named to the All-Star Game, 2012 

Post#1 » by Hamyltowne » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:44 am

Bryce Harper was named to the Major League Baseball All-Star Game, making him the youngest position player to ever to make the team.

Harper, a 19-year old rookie, will replace Miami Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton, who pulled out because of injury.

Harper was on the final five-man ballot for the final National League spot but finished third in fan voting. Harper is the fourth National to make the team. He is third youngest player to be selected to the team.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/post/bryce-harper-named-to-the-all-star-game/2012/07/07/gJQAwNZkUW_blog.html

I thought I was going to hate Harper. I didn't just anticipate hating him, I expected to hate him. I remember cringing when he was called up. He almost confirmed it when he threw his batting helmet off on his way to legging out his first major-league double. Then, later in the same game, he threw a strike to home plate and I realised just how wrong I had been. Now, I've all but converted to Mormonism for this kid.

Return to Washington Nationals