ImageImageImage

Quincy Miller Waived

Moderator: THE J0KER

DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Quincy Miller Waived 

Post#1 » by DaFan334 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:18 am

Had to wonder when we pursued Gee that hard if Q was progressing along very well. I would assume he found out his answer. Best of luck to him against anyone but the Nuggets.

I saw and met him at an O.Pen Vape party over the summer and from talking to him for a couple minutes and seeing how skinny he was, I instantly questioned his desire to do anything but make a paycheck or two in the league. He had some moments last year, but it seems he never made the stride that Brian Shaw saw him capable of last preseason. Unless this drastically changes him, I am doubtful he will make it in the league
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Quincy Miller Waived 

Post#2 » by The Rebel » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:03 pm

I was high on Q when he was drafted, and he showed the occasional flash, but it was pretty obvious that he was not getting better. It is too bad because you can see he has the talent to be a decent rotation player, but you may be right in that he is not interested in working that hard.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#3 » by pickaxe » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Hm. Oh well. Did he just need to be inspired or was he really coasting? Overcoming a first major injury during a losing season is a great tryout for the guy but why couldn't he put it together.

put the ball in the basket like this
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#4 » by pickaxe » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:29 pm

We have so many players to be focusing on anyway...JaVale has got to get his shin splints under wraps unless he plans to powerwalk up and down the floor.

put the ball in the basket like this
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Disappointed he got cut, but it's not like he didn't have his chances. The playing time he got last year and this year's SL were proving points, never took advantage to show he was an NBA player, you can't live on potential alone. He'll get more chances, he is only 21.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
champ11
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#6 » by champ11 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Just made an account. Needed a spot to talk Nuggies.

I loved Q and wanted him to be good, but he just could never take advantage of the opportunity. The game was too fast for him and his shooting wasn't good enough. But I'm hoping he catches on somewhere
skywalker33

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Wonder how much this is Shaw's doing, feeling he must be in a win now mode. I still maintain Miller will be a better player than Gee, Miller's time just isn't NOW !!

tylaw_3
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by tylaw_3 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Had a ton of potential. He can block shots due to his exceptional length. His drive to improve may not have been what it takes to make it in the NBA. Gee is a solid defender and athlete, but he doent have much potential to grow more.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:34 am

Found this on another blog, could explain a bit of youthful mistakes...

" There have also been grumblings, perhaps just rumors, about the way a few players finished last season with the team or their motivation in a sour 36-win season. Shaw clearly wants a team that wants to win as badly as he does and he wants this team to be defensive minded."

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#10 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:20 pm

According to the wiretap the Lakers, Pacers, and Rockets all have interest in Q Miller, personally I would prefer he signs with the Pacers, with George out he should get time, and if he does get his crap together it would not hurt the Nuggets as bad

Return to Denver Nuggets